OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny was killed for the same reason the rest were in my opine. Had they all been spread out, so would the crime scenes.

Updated, with new sources:

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>)

Feb 2016: 38-pound box of marijuana mailed from CA discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation. No arrests are made. No suspects are named.

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Woman involved in road rage incident with Chris Jr is in court and is sentenced (

8am Thursday: Dana arrives at work. She was an hour late. Find out she has to work an unexpected double shift.

11pm Thursday: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20pm: Dana arrives home

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)
(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55)

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

7:53 am -- PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence” (Frankie’s?) where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed “multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am -- Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohi...g-pike-county/)

12:13 pm -- at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh https://t.co/jI6Rl2LV2L)

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Attorney General Mike DeWine sends out a news release [first one issued] stating that at least seven people were murdered in “execution-style killings.” DeWine says it is not an active-shooter situation. However, investigators are still trying to determine if the killer – or killers – is among the victims or on the loose.http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...ting/83428434/

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others
edit note

Saturday afternoon: Another Kenneth Rhoden (brother and cousin to victims) calls 911 in Greenup KY to report being followed and chased by two men in a car (http://www.wlwt.com/news/rhoden-fami...ports/39247458)

Well, he's useful at eliminating scenarios with the question above ... "why drive 10 minutes to kill Kenny".

No need to give details, but does anyone know if there are Rhoden family members living in a closer vicinity to CRsr? In other words, were some family skipped over?

OT: Horrible storms here and I hate that. I'm surrounded by 60 ft to 80 ft trees and I lose at least one a year. We have winds going about 60 mph.

Praying protection around you and your home! I'm in Florida and I had a tree split and fall on my roof last July :thinking:

Does anyone know the significance of the color orange?

[video=twitter;726186450119610368]https://twitter.com/LisaFOX45Now/status/726186450119610368[/video]

They are in to hunting. Hunter orange. The ribbons they passed out at the festival last Saturday were hunter orange and camo.

http://local12.com/
A Twitter post says this station is interviewing L. Manley at the Vigil.
Nothing available now, but maybe check this station later tonight.

OT: Horrible storms here and I hate that. I'm surrounded by 60 ft to 80 ft trees and I lose at least one a year. We have winds going about 60 mph.
But it sure went from 85 and humid in the south to a pleasant 65 in about 20 minutes. That is good.

Does anyone know the significance of the color orange?

[video=twitter;726186450119610368]https://twitter.com/LisaFOX45Now/status/726186450119610368[/video]

My guess it signifies "hunter orange" as a reflection of a big part of local culture and the Rhoden family.

Found this from last weekend:

Money raised at the Dogwood Festival will be donated to the Rhoden family. Many attendees wore orange and camouflage ribbons to show support.
http://m.wlwt.com/news/In-Pike-Coun...ugs-resonates-beyond-Friday-slayings/39194800

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

I would like to hear from anyone who understands trailcams... I am having a tough time reconciling cameras for hunting/security and possibly used by someone doing something illegal and using them for security??

First I recall Chris JR or his brother mentioned trailcams on their Facebook page. Wouldn't that have been a no no? It tipped their hand didn't it? THen again I thought those cameras are often camouflaged so by sharing you are an enthusiasts doesn't say where you put them! How did the killers know (it was dark when these murders occurred right?)

This article says Kenneth Rhoden had multiple trailcams on his property and the killer(s) took them. Don't these trailcams send images to a cloud account and one's cellphone or computer gets a thumbnail image just seconds after the camera is tripped? Wouldn't the camera trip if someone took it?

Could one of the search warrants have been for the telecom and/or cloud storage sites/companies?

Are there GPS trackers on them? Maybe even a "find a phone app"? With so many hunters in that region, when I looked at them online many/most looked very similar to one another. Is there a way to distinguish the ones stolen at the time of the murders from others in the woods near the murder sites? Would it help for the public to know more of the specifics about them? Could legitimate hunters or pawn shops or even online auction or sell sites provide leads?

And finally could they have possibly been tossed down a well or cistern and that was why the dive team was there?

ALL speculation .... Hoping someone can share some specifics about trailcams in general and in that region. I know Verizon cell service works there because my parents travel 32 often. I read where the SIM card used has to be from a company who provides 3 bars or greater signal strength.

Could the trailcam set up be the reason so many were killed?

No need to give details, but does anyone know if there are Rhoden family members living in a closer vicinity to CRsr? In other words, were some family skipped over?
None skipped over but an extended family member close. Not any immediate family of Chris or of any killed, but closely related.

None named Rhoden. There are close relatives in Waverly, Lucasville, and Rome.

Me too! I have wondered that since Laurence said it. I guess it is possible that 6 adults lived in the same house. But in other cases I have followed -- if 6 adults are together in the middle of the night, immediately following a murder -- they are plotting. They are discussing what to say, what not to say, what happened, what needs to be cleaned up, etc. Not saying that is what happened here. Just saying that is what has happened in other cases.
I disagree. This is possible, but I know if it happened in my family, as many of us we could fit, would be together. I think for many people, being with loved ones after such a tragedy, can be therapeutic.

Praying protection around you and your home! I'm in Florida and I had a tree split and fall on my roof last July :thinking:
I'm just glad no tornado weather, but with hail, strong winds and if trees fall, not much difference lol

I also saw some reports that Chris, Jr. was found at Left Fork Rd and posted about that a few days ago. These reports are apparently incorrect and it was Kenneth who was found at that address. Chris, Jr. was found in his mother's home.

DeWine had his initial look at a scene first discovered by Bobby Jo Manley the morning of April 22. She made the initial 911 call after she came upon the bodies of Chris Rhoden, Sr., Frankie Rhoden and Hanna Gilley.

Bobby Jo Manley's older brother James Manley came upon the body of his sister, Dana Rhoden, before backing out of the trailer where he assumed his niece, Hanna Rhoden, and his nephew, Chris Rhoden Jr. were, a family member said.

Later, the body of Kenneth Rhoden was found fourth scene few miles away from the initial discovery on Left Fork Road.

Authorities have yet to release where Hanna Rhoden and Chris Rhoden, Jr. were found, but members of the family provided knowledge of the Rhoden family's living arrangements in the three residences of the property.

This man once got punched out by Pike County victim, and now mourns him
Keith BieryGolick, [email]kbierygolick@enquirer.com[/email] 2:50 p.m. EDT April 27, 2016

As far as trail cams, don't know about cloud pictures but I wouldn't be surprised.

Two big things, they can be hidden.

Motion makes them take a pic.

But then why not kill her? Unless she were working with this killers, surely they would have killed her too. They already killed 8, why not one more?

The thing I keep coming back to is that Bobby Jo asked police to leave her alone. Police busted into her house at 3am and accused her of the murders. She said "they need to just leave us alone." These police also said the surviving family is at risk and that they should arm themselves. If I were Bobby Jo, or any surviving family member -- I would either get on the interstate and disappear into a new town, or stay and BEG the police to patrol my property 24-7 to protect me. She did neither. She stayed put (having no fear of being killed) and did not ask for police protection. She told them to leave her alone. To me, that is HUGELY telling.
I don't know. I might tell them to leave me alone in the press while quietly helping LE. I wouldn't want the killers to know that I'm helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory