OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but an interview with a woman with a home and store 4 miles away from the Rhoden's.
http://www.perrytribune.com/news/article_f342dbd0-5346-5a2b-a157-20f39dbb7105.html?mode=jqm

I hope not to offend anyone...but, I think MSM has been okay. As always, SM and tabloids pretending to be MSM are the ones that push things a bit to far. And things get out of hand because of family SM pages that aren't private and friends and family publicly pointing to recent conflicts that may lead to someone with a motive. The family may have asked for privacy, but it isn't obvious from all the ones who have had interviews published.

To say that people are painting the family or the area badly and then in the next breath say things about HR and FR, and CR Sr.'s yard that could be construed as stereotypes doesn't help. And I get that they seem to think reports and speculation about the drugs that were found paint a bad picture, but drugs were found and that does paint a bad picture.

Last entry for now.

I located sourcing info for the photo of the 4-22 PCSO Incident Report that was released on 4-27.

I'm on my phone, so someone else may have to take this to the next steps.

WS post where a photo of the document on a computer screen and a transcript are posted:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-hunt-for-killer(s)-4&p=12502409#post12502409

I can't seem to provide a link to the tweet itself, but it was made on 4-27 at 6:25 EDT by @chrisgraves.

Chris Graves is a columnist with the Cincinnati Enquirer (Gannett Ohio -- mainstream media)

I posted the link to the tweet and what it said. Problem is the link to the pic doesn't go with the tweet.

Just gonna have to trust us on that.
The computer picture came Chrisgraves desk

I disagree. This is possible, but I know if it happened in my family, as many of us we could fit, would be together. I think for many people, being with loved ones after such a tragedy, can be therapeutic.

I agree. I would think the more family members together the safer. Especially after and event like that. My family would also gather together. No doubt.

Thank you!!! Thank you x 1000! I have been screaming this since Leonard said that. It is SOOO WEIRD.
Idk, I think they're tired of being hounded by the media, trying to grieve and they aren't the most sophisticated people after all. I think his comments are simply him trying to preserve his family's name and honor.
The comment about revenge could have been prompted by a continuous assault on his privacy "What are you feeling?" "What are you thinking?"
"Well,....let me put it this way, I just lost 8 members of my family. I'm not looking for vengeance, I'm looking for justice."

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If media posts what Leonard is saying tonight, I swear we'll be on Thread 6 before the night's over. ;D

More than 600 people are expected to be at the vigil, LE is there. I wonder if it will be more than local officers.

Comments from commenters are considered rumor. You can rely on the MSM article itself, but NOT on the comments in the comments section. I can go online and say I'm Joe Smith but that does not make it so. You can then find that Joe Smith is a neighbour, but it may not be one and the same as the person commenting as Joe Smith. It is spelled out in TOS that comments are not permitted.
And, if he's been interviewed by police, and he's posting about it on articles, to me, that's a red flag. LE usually prefers witnesses NOT to do things like that.

So true!! We need a local to run over to that vigil! LOL!
While his way of communicating may be foreign or unlike what others perceive as appropriate, this man is doing his best to be the patriarch of a family devastated by an unimaginable loss and trauma it has undoubtedly caused all remaining members of his family.
It may be easy to find fault or inconsistencies in his statements ,but, he has NOT been named a POI and I guarantee if LE felt he was a risk to ANYONE, he wouldnt be at a vigil talking to reporters and in the public eye of armchair critics.
We do not know what LE knows, and we wont for some time.
Each case I uave followed has always had the usual inconsistencies and something lacking, However; once police reports and warrants are released it all comes together and makes sense of what once didnt .
Perhaps future posts would be of better service and justice to the victims if we all researched info relative to a crime of this magnitude and who and what LE did to solve same.
Just my humble opinion.

And, if he's been interviewed by police, and he's posting about it on articles, to me, that's a red flag. LE usually prefers witnesses NOT to do things like that.
Agreed. Nice to see you on this thread.

I was struck as I looked over the arrest records for Pike and nearby counties. I noticed that a Deputy Reader had arrested one of the men killed. According to Scioto Sheriff the man had an order of protection against him. Sheriff Donini told one of the news agencies he did a wellness check on the person who took out the order of protection and all was fine. Yet Sheriff Reader of Piketon said "he" had never had any criminal encounter with this family in HIS career. Well, made me wonder how long he has been Sheriff. Come to find out not very long. SHERIFF RICH HENDERSON left in MAY of last year "for a job in the private sector". Is Chief Reader even the elected Sheriff? Or was he appointed as Interim Sheriff until the Elections this NOV? Could the fact the seasoned elected Sheriff had left have emboldened the killers? Anyone know where Chief Henderson went?

I want to believe the shuffle may have played a part. I don't know exactly when Chief Henderson told the public he was leaving. How close was it to when the marijuana arrived at the PO?

One reason I have thought this was a simultaneous attack is that apparently the victims didn't or couldn't phone out - or they would have called for help or warned each other. Another possibility is whoever did this used a cell phone jammer. I hadn't considered that before. Maybe LE knows this. They said the killers did everything to make it difficult to investigate.

http://cellphone-jammers.com/

I've even wondered if cell phones were taken, or electronic devices, or lines were cut to the house.

WV got brought into this because there was a big-time gamecock player just across the KY/WV line who was busted by an 'anonymous tip' less than two weeks prior to the murders. This happened just 2 hours South of the Piketon sites and 1 hour South of where Gary Rhoden lived. I personally think that this may be the whole story in a nutshell and would explain most all of the known details.

I am sorry if this has already been posted but I am just catching up. Is there a news article anywhere about this? Thanks!

I hope not to offend anyone...but, I think MSM has been okay. As always, SM and tabloids pretending to be MSM are the ones that push things a bit to far. And things get out of hand because of family SM pages that aren't private and friends and family publicly pointing to recent conflicts that may lead to someone with a motive. The family may have asked for privacy, but it isn't obvious from all the ones who have had interviews published.

To say that people are painting the family or the area badly and then in the next breath say things about HR and FR, and CR Sr.'s yard that could be construed as stereotypes doesn't help. And I get that they seem to think reports and speculation about the drugs that were found paint a bad picture, but drugs were found and that does paint a bad picture.

YES! YES! and YES!! Thank you for expressing this. I am seeing a lot of MSM using salacious headlines as clickbait with nothing new to report, but IMO causing undue harm to people who have been cleared of suspicion. IMO and my past history with the media, the best information comes from bloggers and SM once you pick through the gossip. It's a shame that our news outlets are basically "blogging" in that they aren't fact checking like they should be, and are using innocent people for web hits.

While his way of communicating may be foreign or unlike what others perceive as appropriate, this man is doing his best to be the patriarch of a family devastated by an unimaginable loss and trauma it has undoubtedly caused all remaining members of his family.
It may be easy to find fault or inconsistencies in his statements ,but, he has NOT been named a POI and I guarantee if LE felt he was a risk to ANYONE, he wouldnt be at a vigil talking to reporters and in the public eye of armchair critics.
We do not know what LE knows, and we wont for some time.
Each case I uave followed has always had the usual inconsistencies and something lacking, However; once police reports and warrants are released it all comes together and makes sense of what once didnt .
Perhaps future posts would be of better service and justice to the victims if we all researched info relative to a crime of this magnitude and who and what LE did to solve same.
Just my humble opinion.

Who said Leonard is a POI or that any of us think he is? Personally, I love Leonard. Every time he talks, we find out things we didn't know before. That is all anyone meant. Nobody is being disrespectful. We just want him to leak more info to the public because we are desperate for details!

Who said Leonard is a POI or that any of us think he is? Personally, I love Leonard. Every time he talks, we find out things we didn't know before. That is all anyone meant. Nobody is being disrespectful. We just want him to leak more info to the public because we are desperate for details!
I agree, not sure the issue with this.

Where did Frankie get his income? The more I read on social media, the more I think Frankie is the one at the center of this. We all laughed about the derby car as a motive. But let's think about that for a minute. This kid was OBSESSED with Derby cars. Where did a 20 year old kid (with 2 young children to support) get enough money to 1) Buy a $3000 derby car. 2) Buy expensive roosters 3) Buy a house/piece of land (did he own it, or did Chris Sr.?) 4) Buy that sweet Mustang 5) Buy a lot of expensive dogs. 6) buy a lot of expensive guns. 7) Buy all his Under Armor clothing (not cheap). I assume he paid child support to the mother of his older child. That is a LOT of expenses for a 20 year old kid with no job. I think we all know where he got the money. He was also quite a hot head.

I think Frankie will be the one with 9 bullet wounds.

According to the Columbus Dispatch "Frankie also worked at the Big Bear resort at one time, but was working at a sawmill most recently."

http://nbc4i.com/
this station is at the Vigil and just did a nice Tweet showing the balloon release.
Guessing the station will have an article later this evening.

According to the Columbus Dispatch "Frankie also worked at the Big Bear resort at one time, but was working at a sawmill most recently."

Obituary has him working for McCoy Lumber, which could be the sawmill:

Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20

Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20 of Piketon, died Friday April 22, 2016. He was born on August 10, 1995 in Georgetown, Ohio to the late Christopher and Dana Manley Rhoden Sr. He worked for McCoy Lumber. Along with his parents Frankie was preceded in death by his brother Christopher Rhoden Jr., sister Hanna Rhoden, grandfather Clarence Rhoden, uncles Steven and Kenneth Rhoden and fiance Hannah Gilley.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mily-Members-Murdered&p=12508964#post12508964

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member