OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the significance of the color orange?

[video=twitter;726186450119610368]https://twitter.com/LisaFOX45Now/status/726186450119610368[/video]
I saw something on sm about using orange and camo ribbons in memory of the family.

I think Leonard is an angry man. I would be too. I also think Leonard knows exactly what is going on, but not because he is guilty of anything. I can sit here and say I wish the family would just tell LE everything. But I'm not there. My life is not in danger and I have not lost a big chunk of my family. That's not bashing Leonard.

I can't even find fault with the remaining family loading up for bear and looking for revenge if any of them are. I can tell you if were my daughter and grandkids, I would be.

Oh yah. Good catch. I don't have time to find all the links right now but we can add them as we go. Revised:

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Chris Jr involved in road rage incident court case

8am Thursday: Dana arrives at work. She was an hour late. Find out she has to work an unexpected double shift.

11pm Thursday: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20pm: Dana arrives home

Approx. 4 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots.

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

8:00 am Friday: First officer responds to scene

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others
edit note

Why are we absolutely positive all murders occurred between 4 and 7?

I was struck as I looked over the arrest records for Pike and nearby counties. I noticed that a Deputy Reader had arrested one of the men killed. According to Scioto Sheriff the man had an order of protection against him. Sheriff Donini told one of the news agencies he did a wellness check on the person who took out the order of protection and all was fine. Yet Sheriff Reader of Piketon said "he" had never had any criminal encounter with this family in HIS career. Well, made me wonder how long he has been Sheriff. Come to find out not very long. SHERIFF RICH HENDERSON left in MAY of last year "for a job in the private sector". Is Chief Reader even the elected Sheriff? Or was he appointed as Interim Sheriff until the Elections this NOV? Could the fact the seasoned elected Sheriff had left have emboldened the killers? Anyone know where Chief Henderson went?

I want to believe the shuffle may have played a part. I don't know exactly when Chief Henderson told the public he was leaving. How close was it to when the marijuana arrived at the PO?

Deputy BRIAN Reader was involved with some of the arrests. I don't recall any that were arrested by Sheriff CHARLES Reader.

I haven't seen many people call Leonard in to question...I think the inconsistencies come from what he has said to what BJM has said- which is all documented and can be backed up. And not to cause problems but the discreprencies could very well be a big factor in this case. I don't think it's anyone's place to say what's "conducive""or not- as there are tons of avenues to explore. And while BJM hasn't exactly been named a POI, LE did wake up her up 3am for something.

Basically I think everyone is here because they want to see justice for the victims. And brainstorm about what could have happened..I haven't seen anyone here disrespect/bash the victims- and at least on this thread (#5) I think the TOS' have been followed somewhat well.

Updated timeline:

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>)

Feb 2016: 38-pound box of marijuana mailed from CA discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation. No arrests are made. No suspects are named.

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Woman involved in road rage incident with Chris Jr is in court and is sentenced (

8am Thursday: Dana arrives at work. She was an hour late. Find out she has to work an unexpected double shift.

11pm Thursday: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20pm: Dana arrives home

<modsnip>

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)
(http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55)

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

7:53 am -- PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am -- Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence” (Frankie’s?) where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed “multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am -- Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

8:21 am --PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source: CNN)

12:13 pm -- at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others
edit note

Saturday afternoon: Another Kenneth Rhoden (brother and cousin to victims) calls 911 in Greenup KY to report being followed and chased by two men in a car (http://www.wlwt.com/news/rhoden-fami...ports/39247458)

What about the murder that was on a Rhodens property, can't remember the names. But it was on a property Rhoden's owned?

Also, the Milford murders potentially?

Donald Stone and Kenneth Rhoden
I wanted to do another review on the discovery of Kenneth, because he seems to be the offset of this just being from drugs. The one common thread of the brothers and cousins was cars. I think possibly he was killed to throw off why the others were, unless this was revenge, yet if the suspects just wanted to take out Rhoden family, they could've just kept killing any Rhodens that lived around them. The suspects obviously knew the Rhodens, where they lived, and probably any surrounding family members.

Donald Stone- Car Repairman
Kenneth Rhoden's cousin, father is brother to Kenneth's mother.

Donald was suppose to stay Thursday night at Kenneth's the night before and work on cars with him the next morning.

He hadn't heard from Kenneth Friday, after hearing about his other family members, so he went to check on him.

Kenneth normally is up at 5:30 am to work on cars, his truck was onscene.

Usually Kenneth padlocks his camper when he leaves, but the camper was unlocked

Donald said Kenneth was in bed with a single shot to his head, and he had dollar bills strewn from his knees down

Kenneth had a pit bull for a guard dog, Donald said it was ferocious and the dog was onscene.

Donald said he was going to start repairing cars with Kenneth, and they had been to a couple of auctions together this month.

On the verge of tears, Stone continues:

&#8220;There was blood everywhere, man. It was something no human should see. A man who was good a man lying there like that, shot dead by cowards. It makes me feel ill when I think about what I saw.&#8221;

Chillingly, Stone told the interviewer that he was supposed to have spent the previous evening with his cousin and slept there overnight, adding:

&#8220;If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.&#8221;

"A man who was good a man lying there like that, shot dead by cowards," he said. "It makes me feel ill when I think about what I saw."

"When I dialed 911 after finding him, the police couldn't go in because Brownie was barking so angry at them," Stone explained. "They asked me to get him and calm him down and that to me means that the killer knew Kenneth and knew his dog, otherwise he would have barked a lot or attacked him."

Stone said previously the dog was onscene and had to calm the dog down for the officers to enter. If the dog had been tied up why would they have to have him calmed down? If this is the case, someone knowing the dog wouldn't be attacked, or else the dog probably would've been shot also for the suspects to enter the camper. The key here is was the dog in the camper when the suspects came or just on property? Was the dog in the camper when the officers arrived? Pit bulls bite and won't let go if attacking, so if the dog did attack there would be blood onscene of the suspect.

I haven't seen many people call Leonard in to question...I think the inconsistencies come from what he has said to what BJM has said- which is all documented and can be backed up. And not to cause problems but the discreprencies could very well be a big factor in this case. I don't think it's anyone's place to say what's "conducive""or not- as there are tons of avenues to explore. And while BJM hasn't exactly been named a POI, LE did wake up her up 3am for something.

Basically I think everyone is here because they want to see justice for the victims. And brainstorm about what could have happened..I haven't seen anyone here disrespect/bash the victims- and at least on this thread (#5) I think the TOS' have been followed somewhat well.
Honestly.. If Leonard has inconsistencies because he is drunk 24/7, who could blame him? I would be carrying a bottle with me drinking it like a coke.

Whoa, that took off alot of space, maybe I should take off the 911 call. Anyway, it's possibly all about drugs, but the point is he just seemed more like a car repairman working the car end.

Donald Stone and Kenneth Rhoden
I wanted to do another review on the discovery of Kenneth, because he seems to be the offset of this just being from drugs.

So far for me, the grow op and being directly related to Chris are the tie ins to me.

Unless something we don't know and Kenneth was the reason and Chris would know who it was and so everyone on Chris's property had to be killed.

<modsnip>
I've looked at that angle and keep coming back to, "why drive 10 minutes South to kill Kenny"?

I once loved a flower in Kilkenny
and a beautiful creature was she
I loved her far better than any,
and I know that young darling loved me.

Sorry I had to, being Friday evening and all :drumroll:

Exactly, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what he has said- maybe he misunderstood, maybe he's been drinking, maybe he's been given some medication to keep him calm. Who knows. I was just trying to say that I think that's what been discussed is the differences in their stories. It might be nothing/but it could be something. I don't think Leonard is really the one in question as much as BJM is- IMO.

Good question, I haven't seen the timeline for the murders publicized.

It was discussed earlier and we were asked not to discuss it by the moderators as the source did not come from a MSM or LEO, so it's off the table for now.

I think the question regarding the timeline was about assuming that ALL of the murders occurred at the same time (or close timeframe). Perhaps KR was killed a fair bit earlier or later, for example. Would that change things/theories? Maybe, maybe not.

Please if anyone sees a link to interviews that Leonard did tonight, please post them here also.

I think I'm out for the night unless something happens.

Jeff Ruby says he rescinded the reward because he feared the cartel would go after his family. Interesting that there is no other reward at all in this case. Why hasn't Crime Stoppers or anyone else put up a reward?

[video=twitter;726172060943261696]https://twitter.com/TheRealJeffRuby/status/726172060943261696[/video]

I didn't see anywhere that he said because of cartel. Other people did. All he said was kids and grandkids were his reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member