OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I would be shocked no guns found at the scene of people that hunt enough to own hunting dogs.

Has no guns been confirmed? I can't imagine them NOT owning guns. Especially with everything they had going on.

Maybe anticipating the upcoming funerals. Looking for extra security for some reason.

I get so lost with this kinda stuff - if there is a new threat - release it. If you all do not want to get sued and are doing this for that reason - dont. Creates all kind of tension.

This was targeted, obviouly mission accomlished . Enough already, unless someone turns then pick up security OR make sure noone knows .............

I always thought 911 keeps callers on the line until LE arrives?

That is exacly what I thought and posted earlier. A poster thought the call may have been edited. And I think so too - do you? She just lets a caller who is talking about a slaughter hang up and wait for someone to show up ? I think there is more to the call .................

Holy crap. She DOES say that. That is the first time I have been able to hear that clearly, and I have listened to that call like 50 times. WTH?! Who would she be saying that to?!?!

No wonder the cops busted in at 3am and accused her of knowing more than she told them! That is WEIRD.
I think it could just as easily be 'Please come...hurry'. And it's more likely to be that.

Has no guns been confirmed? I can't imagine them NOT owning guns. Especially with everything they had going on.
I haven't heard that, just that they said no one shot themselves. I'm expecting several guns were found, unless people took their guns with them.

Maybe it's just me, but... regarding the 911 call and transcript... I find it odd that she only states that her brother in-law appeared dead. She doesn't mention anything about Gary or another person with Chris until the 911 caller asks the name of her brother in-law.

HI my car

I lov your posts !!

I think it's awfully easy for us out here safe to say what we think a person who has just discovered at least two dead people should have said or done, or how logical or rational she should have been.

I've never found a lived one's body, but I've been in a shocking emergency, and you know what? I remember practically nothing beyond the terrifying feeling of not being able to breathe, or move. I don't remember the accident and I don't remember what I did for the first couple of minutes after. But I will never forget what fresh blood on hot pavement smells like.

So it doesn't surprise me that she left out things or got the order wrong. It doesn't surprise me if she and other people who were there didn't notice the same things, don't remember the same things, maybe don't even remember who all was there. Shock is like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just me, but... regarding the 911 call and transcript... I find it odd that she only states that her brother in-law appeared dead. She doesn't mention anything about Gary or another person until the 911 caller asks the name of her brother in-law.
That link I reposted that someone else did, about analyzing 911 calls is interesting. They give some percentages, of course none are 100% but the way they analyze 911 calls of the guilty and innocent is interesting.

Two different types of shell casings does not necessarily mean two shooters, it means two guns. Take a look at the details of the shooting in the link below as an example. One shooter, 40 miles of travel and multiple houses, multiple knives and two different guns used by one man, all in a short amount of time. Victim count, 6 (technically 7 as one was wounded at the first house and survived).

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/stone-bradley.htm

No I was just talking to hubby about it. How long can this go on? Why can't our governor do some kind of emergency (temporary) hiring of more Pike County deputies? I know sheriffs who are trying to work their county while helping in Pike County. Something needs to be done IMO.

Yes, it seems especially unusual because they put out a request to ALL counties in Ohio for help.

Out governor can't do anything because he's been out of the state most of the last year running for President. Can't be bothered, I guess. He's busy campaigning. SMH.

That is a better audio and I swear at the end when she is crying, it did sound like "please don't hurt me".

She does quite clearly say "oh my God please don't hurt me" at 1:56 in that recording. I played it over and over and it's clear.

But I don't think another person is there. I think she is just panicking and afraid for her life after what she just saw and what it might mean.
After all, nobody hurt her. So probably nobody was there.

[video=youtube;3jKapxxJycw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKapxxJycw[/video]

Now I would be shocked no guns found at the scene of people that hunt enough to own hunting dogs.

Not "no guns at all anywhere" but no guns next to bodies. If they had fired in self defense then been killed, their weapon would be next to their body. No weapons were found next to any bodies or this would have immediately been a suspected murder suicide.

Makes me wonder if arrests for unrelated things that have been learned because of the murders will be made after the funeral. Asking for help and the business owner that was offering the reward that was retracted today and reason provided.

I transcribed what was on this call. There's a couple of parts I couldn't get - I noted that.

911: 911

BJM: Yes I need a sheriff's deputy at 40...?...hold on...umm

911: I need you to tell me the address. What's the address?

BJM: Gimme just a second. Let me walk to the mailbox. I think my brother-in-law's dead.

911: Ok. What is the address?

BJM: Gimme just a second. 4077 Union Hill Road.

911: 4077....

BJM: 4077

911: Ok four-zero-seven-seven Union Hill correct?

BJM: Yes 4077 Union Hill Road (crying)

911: Ma'am. You got to tell me what's going on.

BJM: There's blood all over the house.

911: Ok.

BJM: My brother-in-law's in the bedroom. It looks like someone has beat the hell out of him.

911: Ok. (unintelligble)

BJM: There's blood all over the carpets (note: could be covers?)

911: Ma'am can you tell me what county that's in?

BJM: Pike's County

911: It's Pike County?

BJM: Yes and they drug him in the bedroom (or backroom)

911: Ok. I need you to get out of the house. Did you drive over there?

BJM: Yes I did.

911: What's your brother-in-law's name?

BJM: Huh?

911: What's your brother-in-law's name?

BJM: (unintelligble)

911: Ma'am?

BJM: Yeah

911: What's his name?

BJM: Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden

911: Chris and Gary Rhoden?

BJM: From the signs in there it looks like they're dead

911: You think they're both dead?

BJM: I think they're both dead. It looks like someone beat the f--k out of them.

911: Ok. Is there anybody else in the house?

BJM: Not that I know of.

911: Ok.

BJM: The door was locked when we got here. But I know where the key was at. So I went in and they were laying on the floor. I'm down out. I'm staying outside right now.

911: Ok. Just stay out of the house. Don't let anybody go in there. Ok?

BJM: Yeah.

911: We have somebody on the way, ok?

BJM: I, thank you.

911: You're welcome.

BJM: (crying) Oh my God...please come hurry

Ok, if that's what she said at the end then that makes more sense. I didn't hear the "need a Sheriff's deputy" part at the beginning, and I couldn't make out what she said at the end.

Maybe it's just me, but... regarding the 911 call and transcript... I find it odd that she only states that her brother in-law appeared dead. She doesn't mention anything about Gary or another person with Chris until the 911 caller asks the name of her brother in-law.

I agree and I found that really strange too. She never says there are two bodies until the very end. And Gary's body was laying over Chris's legs, so she would have seen both! The whole call is so freaking weird.

Two different types of shell casings does not necessarily mean two shooters, it means two guns. Take a look at the details of the shooting in the link below as an example. One shooter, 40 miles of travel and multiple houses, multiple knives and two different guns used by one man, all in a short amount of time. Victim count, 6 (technically 7 as one was wounded at the first house and survived).

http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/stone-bradley.htm

Yes, I see what you're saying. But this was a case of someone murdering some big, strong, well armed men accustomed to defending their own pot growing operations.

That said, the case you linked to was an Iraq War vet who killed his own family members. Some of the experts on this case have said the murders of the Rhoden family took some level of planning similar to military training. We have to realize they know more of the details than we do. So far, they haven't come up with any suspect family members with military training. No one close to the family has committed suicide.

Really weird that it would happen on the same day that they called in a dive team though.

Maybe the dive team was called for the missing girl and then was asked or volunteered to spend a few hours at the Rhodens to relieve the officers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required