OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This version is slightly different than one posted on slate. This one leaves out where they asked her name and she gave it and then it censors the swear words. Other than that I hear the same exact things.
This one also isn't as clear for me. I don't remember if this one left out asking her name it not.

I would be shocked if a small County corner isn't just a group of doctors there and does autopsies when needed. I would expect someone from CBI to be there since they are heading this up.

Is Pike country really small and rural also? It depends on the size of the entire County. We have counties here that local docs do autopsies unless there is a major murder them they are sent here.

Pike County population was 28,367 in 2013.

Rather small, but then, I live in a county of less than 2,000. We use the coroner in Tarrant County (Fort Worth.)

I remember when the Hamilton County coroner offered her assistance. I suspect she was strongly encouraged to do so by BCI and DeWine.

She spoke with media very early and said she could appreciate how overwhelmed a small county coroner's office would be by the task.

Other than that, I know nothing about the Pike County coroner other than they have one as stated by their local county newspaper.

Just a thought...maybe there was more than 1 type of bullet casings found because those who were murdered used a firearm in self defense...just an idea

I was JUST about to say the same thing. And someone is definitely there with her (talking to them when call starts) and I hear background talking. It sounds like child babble but a TV could have also been on in the house, I guess.

We posted about this last night. Listen closely at on point it sounds like she says get back in the bedroom. I'm wondering if she is out of breath because she ran to Frankie's, by that time her Dad would be there and they must be tending to the 3 year old and 6 month old at Frankie's house. I wonder where the mailbox that she walked toward to see the # is in relation to Frankie's place and Chris's.

The autopsies were done in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, by their ME, per the link you responded to.

This one also isn't as clear for me. I don't remember if this one left out asking her name it not.

This one seems to be the edited one - that was on all the news channels - removed her name and bleeped the bad words. The slate 911 call seems to be uncensored - swears left in and she identifies herself.

This was an interesting tweet he did about taking back the reward money.
fee05b8d65247ce9003a606a3a1f280c.jpg

This is the first time I have ever seen a ME give their sympathy and condolences before releasing part of the autopsy.

I know, right? Seemed odd to me. I'm used to the coroner's office simply providing their reports and leaving the task of informing the families and public to the DA or LE.

Am I imagining things or did I remember reading somewhere that Bobby wasn't alone in the morning when she went to feed the animals, that she had a friend named Tammy or something that was with her. That could be who she's talking to in the audio and who we hear in the background.

No - someone thought she said Tammy but what she said was "give me a minute". You can find the written transcript and read it along with the audio. No Tammy. Her Dad said she called him so he and her brother must have arrived by then.

I know, right? Seemed odd to me. I'm used to the coroner's office simply providing their reports and leaving the task of informing the families and public to the DA or LE.

I've seen other coroners give condolences before announcing findings.

Pike County population was 28,367 in 2013.

Rather small, but then, I live in a county of less than 2,000. We use the coroner in Tarrant County (Fort Worth.)

I remember when the Hamilton County coroner offered her assistance. I suspect she was strongly encouraged to do so by BCI and DeWine.

She spoke with media very early and said she could appreciate how overwhelmed a small county coroner's office would be by the task.

Other than that, I know nothing about the Pike County coroner other than they have one as stated by their local county newspaper.
Well I was talking about an actual position of a full time coronor. A county that size could have one, but also the coronor is usually a practicing doctor seeing patients because they don't have need of a full time coronor.

A full time coronor or a ME is quite different than a practicing doctor that does autopsies when needed. The Hamilton County one was then probably the BCI rep.

Sheriff is aasking all Ohio sheriffs for assistance, Need more LE for security.

I'm sure they're overwhelmed and apparently have reason to worry about security.

Why not call in the Ohio National Guard? They're helpful in these kinds of situations. Most counties are dealing with ongoing budget cuts, thanks to Governor Kasich's tax cuts. They can't spare much for overtime expenses, etc. for deputies.

I've never heard of this kind of request before, has anyone else?

Bobby's son was with her, according to Leonard, he said his daughter and grandson. She called Leonard and his son went to Dana's. LE let Bobby and her son take the car to leave, but impounded her brother's.

I think it's awfully easy for us out here safe to say what we think a person who has just discovered at least two dead people should have said or done, or how logical or rational she should have been.

I've never found a lived one's body, but I've been in a shocking emergency, and you know what? I remember practically nothing beyond the terrifying feeling of not being able to breathe, or move. I don't remember the accident and I don't remember what I did for the first couple of minutes after. But I will never forget what fresh blood on hot pavement smells like.

So it doesn't surprise me that she left out things or got the order wrong. It doesn't surprise me if she and other people who were there didn't notice the same things, don't remember the same things, maybe don't even remember who all was there. Shock is like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard of requests for bringing deputies in from other counties.

I would think bringing the National Guard in there would be as wall building as the FBI standing on every corner.

Well according to the FBI, not sure where the link is now.. That fact of not asking for help and the fact that she offered up the key info and the "huh" when asked his name.. Makes this a call that would be flagged as a. suspicious call.

Let me see if I can find the link.

I always thought 911 keeps callers on the line until LE arrives?

I'm sure they're overwhelmed and apparently have reason to worry about security.

Why not call in the Ohio National Guard? They're helpful in these kinds of situations. Most counties are dealing with ongoing budget cuts, thanks to Governor Kasich's tax cuts. They can't spare much for overtime expenses, etc. for deputies.

Maybe anticipating the upcoming funerals. Looking for extra security for some reason.

I can't remember where we read it earlier this week, but the article said area Sheriff Depts were working together with Pike County. In Scioto County the execution of Candy Newsome and her daughter hasn't been solved, so I'm sure all area Depts are wanting this handled before it spreads to any other county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda