OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that shotguns dont leave anything to pick up or something like that??

I believe with shotguns it varies; some eject and some do not. Revolvers do not eject their casings.

The casings are the ejected shells from either a brass bullet or shotgun shell. They're what holds everything together.

She says something about something on the floor after the key remark.. Did she say blood was all over the floor or all over the door?

Are such back doors connected to a bedroom, or is this typically not the case?

I owned a real estate business for 16 years selling both site built homes and manufactured homes.

By HUDs code all manufactured homes must have at least a front and back entrance and some have sliding doors as well making three exit and entry points assessable. Site built homes also must meet the same specifications.

The backdoor on a single and double wide is almost always in kitchen/dining/laundry room area. It is designed that way so that in case of fire in the kitchen area the residents will have a quick way to get out of the home. Some have side doors on one end but it usually those which have the kitchen on that side of the home.

IMO

Quoting my own post for the link to the 911 call transcript:

"Caller: The door was locked when I got here, but I have a key to his house, and I went in and they were laying on the floor."

If this is accurate BJM indicates she HAD a key.... I didn't interpret it to be she knew where it was hidden. Just a little tidbit trying to clarify.

That was what I understood her to say too....not that a key was hidden. And, if she went in and saw them laying on the floor....what floor is she talking about? This sounds like she found them as soon as she went in.....not in a back bedroom. Something just isn't making sense, unless she is getting Frankie and Hannah's bodies and Gary and Chris' bodies mixed up on where she found them.

Ah-ha! He did say it! This is a different interview than the Leonard interview I keep referring to. The spectacular 5-minute long interview in which he kept saying "that's all I'm going to say about that".... and then went on to say a whole lot more. In THAT interview he just said that he didn't understand why the dogs didn't tear the killers apart. He didn't say they were missing. WTF Leonard?

Was that the same video where he kept saying "well let me just put it to you this way"?

It was Leonard who said the dogs were gone. Thank you for the link Damarna.

According to Leonard Manley, when Bobby Jo showed up last Friday morning, the front door was locked and the dogs were nowhere to be found. There were at least two pit bulls, a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs" that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

I don't understand this. Why would he in one breath say the dogs were no where to be found when BJM arrived and in the next breath ask why they didn't shoot the dogs? In what was the first video I saw where LM was interviewed, he didn't say the dogs were missing, he said "whoever done it knowed the family because there were two dogs there that would eat you up" (at about 4:26). We saw some dogs in the one video last night. Are we certain the dogs are missing? Also, in this video...I think LM looks a bit scared after he calls the murderers scumbags. :( http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

That was what I understood her to say too....not that a key was hidden. And, if she went in and saw them laying on the floor....what floor is she talking about? This sounds like she found them as soon as she went in.....not in a back bedroom. Something just isn't making sense, unless she is getting Frankie and Hannah's bodies and Gary and Chris' bodies mixed up on where she found them.
I understood "The door was locked but I know where the key was at"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In this case I would say yes because I'm guessing CBI is handling this stuff. Usually these small towns don't have actual coroners and things are handled differently, but I doubt anything is being done locally.

Preliminary findings of the autopsies of the eight members of the Rhoden family who were killed at four Pike County residences on Friday, April 22, were released by Pike County Coroner Dr. David R. Kessler and Hamilton County Coroner Dr. Lakshmi Kode Sammarco in the afternoon hours on Tuesday, April 26.

The coroners expressed their sympathy and condolences to the family and friends of the Rhoden and Gilley family and shared the following preliminary findings of the autopsies of the eight victims whose bodies were transported to the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office from Pike County on April 23:

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_387283df-53f1-56ba-928d-d816cae0e261.html?mode=jqm

That is a better audio and I swear at the end when she is crying, it did sound like "please don't hurt me".
Oh wow. That's the first time I could hear it. Did anyone else hear a man's voice? She's clearly talking to someone else when she's asked for the names.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That is a better audio and I swear at the end when she is crying, it did sound like "please don't hurt me".

I couldn't stand to listen to her 911 call, but once. Its just too sad. The pain in her voice when she cries is heartbreaking to me. I am sure she was terrified. Who wouldn't be and only part of her nightmare had just begun. :(

imo

I would be shocked if a small County corner isn't just a group of doctors there and does autopsies when needed. I would expect someone from CBI to be there since they are heading this up.

Is Pike country really small and rural also? It depends on the size of the entire County. We have counties here that local docs do autopsies unless there is a major murder them they are sent here.

I couldn't stand to listen to her 911 call, but once. Its just too sad. The pain in her voice when she cries is heartbreaking to me. I am sure she was terrified. Who wouldn't be and only part of her nightmare had just begun. :(

imo
She is talking to someone else also and I'm still not sure I don't hear kids in the background.

I'm thinking she was thinking out loud while on the phone. She may have been in fear for her own life after finding them dead and said please don't hurt me to the killers in her mind and out loud. I would imagine a lot of things were going through her mind at that moment.

I was JUST about to say the same thing. And someone is definitely there with her (talking to them when call starts) and I hear background talking. It sounds like child babble but a TV could have also been on in the house, I guess.

Yes you do that lol. Also if you get raccoons coming up to the house you have to do away with then sometimes too. They will tear up your house, chew a hole through it, climb up on your attic and breed.

It is almost impossible to keep them away when they discover they might can get up to the house. They learn how to avoid traps, actually unlock things etc. They are horrible pests and if they decide they want your house, you have to get rid of them and through the window is the easiest way lol

O/T. I have a black an tan coonhound. Not my aviator. I will not take my Cari off of here, My tribute. She was with me for 23 years no BS. I got another baby about two months later. Pound did her as Shepard/ mix. Sweet sweet thing

She is different when she sees doggies that look like racoons - white dogs she does not do much. I have tried to figure out, if the coon hound gets near something that looks like a raccoon would Lady try to hurt it, or just get it up a tree.

For those of you who do not know- coonhounds when rocking- do not bark. They "bay" it is a mix of growling, wining, barking, screaming, completly out of control.

So I have only let her be with one puppy she was fine. At the same time I understand other dog owners not being comfortable with Lady baying approacing them - their dog might not be aggresive at all, but lady coming up doing this might scare the other dog into aggression, and Lady would react.

I know this is off topic, but there are people here, who know the amaing breed. Bottom line question is would she bite a dog that looks like a racoon to her?

This is exacly what she like , a notch less on the growling more howling and ya got my baby!! LOUD

For those that are not familiar with coonhound baying here we go. For me live it is anxiety producing - she is a sweetheart, I hope I dont get banned for this :

Turn up volume to truly get it it is LOUD!! Love her...

[video=youtube;_gU3n7yXQLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gU3n7yXQLA&index=13&list=PL6KteCGX4QeerLchivnTFRZMFWe-7vntJ[/video]

Will she hurt a dog ?? I have watched on line the real coon hunts (once) I found it very disturbing, the owners get all "off" on making the dog go ballistic when chasing a coon.

That IMO is mean - doing that for fun . Ok guys, all of you that have babies that are not coonhounds lets go get them as agitated as we can ready GO

repulsive to me moo

The only reason why I am asking this here - is there are people here who know about coonhounds - dont ban me ---- at the same time give me your feedback!!

MODS I need feedback - I hired a trainer last two times she was stupid I run now when I see another dog,

all I want to know will Lady try to eat a dog that looks like a raccon to her> TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member