OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to check I don't think it was reported that they were dollar bills - unless I missed it?

The story from the Daily Mail about the security cameras says "$1,000 in notes". I don't recall if that's what yesterday's story said, but I want to say that it did say dollars. Now, though, they seem to have corrected that to reflect paper bills but not specific currency. So, it very well could have been 100s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio-massacre-1-family-8-dead-hundreds-of-tips-0-answers/ar-BBsnUwE

What looked to some people like a feud within a family, possibly a murder-suicide, soon took on a more sinister cast when authorities disclosed a large-scale illegal marijuana growing operation at one of the crime scenes and said pot was being cultivated at some of the other homes, too. Ohio's attorney general also said there were signs of cockfighting at one of the properties.
Nearly a week after the killings, though, authorities have announced no arrests and no motive, an unsettling silence considering the huge investigative force brought to bear in this thinly populated county where many people either knew the victims or knew of them

Curious why you think that? I would think CR Sr or DR and not the kids. I have a difficult time believing a 16 yr old would be the reason for this. I'm thinking if it's money or revenge, that it's one of the parents.

Chris Jr - because he had just been in court 2 days prior for the road rage incident with that woman (hillbilly justice), he had pissed off people enough that they threatened on FB to take out his whole family, and because the locals said he was the drug dealer in the family (per the newest daily beast article). He just seemed to be surrounded by conflict.

Hanna - can't say per TOS

Dana - just a gut feeling because she is at the center of the familial relations.

We have discussed that she may be the plant caretaker. I'm not sure it would be the first thing I would worry about if I had 4 dead family members around me, though.

I saw parts about the plant caretaker, just not in context of the 911 call. Lots of speculation about the way she was acting, comparing her to other people calling in homicides. This has a lot more background than just a homicide. I think self preservation may have played a part in her awkwardness.

She says give me a minute. Her father already said that he and his grandson went to join her. She called them before she called 911.

I think she called her dad before 911 too. She obviously was not alone on the phone. I really don't fault her with that. I may have done the same thing. I can't imagine the shock of it all! I am mostly confused that Leonard indicated she found Frankie and Hannah and then found Gary and Chris, but she doesn't even mention Frankie and Hannah on the phone. Maybe it is just all due to the shock of it all.

I am finding this case so disturbing. All of these people were fairly young....some extremely young. I look at their Facebook pictures.....like many other's Facebook pics of family and their lives....and it just breaks my heart. I understand they may have been involved in illegal activities and they seem to have the "tough guy" attitude. But, they seem like good people who are rough around the edges and so much of that can come from the way they grew up. I know people who would not be considered "model citizens" but who have big hearts. Seeing their smiling faces and pictures and posts of everyday life, like moving and painting walls of their new place, or racing and winning trophies.....it is just so heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I am afraid their illegal activities may have put them in contact with the wrong people.

I can't edit continue writing after the link in my previous post. It just continues to make everything a link. So, anyways, yeah, yesterday's DM article did call them 'dollar bills'. I think it may just be a mistake on DM's part and that they don't understand that 'dollar bill' means One Dollar bill here. It's kind of understandable as we would say "Give me a 10 dollar bill" or what have you, so 'dollar bill' may just seem like a generic reference to paper currency.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Chris Jr - because he had just been in court 2 days prior for the road rage incident with that woman (hillbilly justice), he had pissed off people enough that they threatened on FB to take out his whole family, and because the locals said he was the drug dealer in the family (per the newest daily beast article). He just seemed to be surrounded by conflict.

Dana - just a gut feeling because she is at the center of the familial relations.

Chris, Jr. seemed to talk a big talk of a tough guy and seemed always ready for a fight. I could see him pissing off the wrong person. I found his meme on his Facebook about "not backing down" interesting too. I am not sure I can see him behind the murder of 8 people in 4 locations tho. But I can see him running his mouth and pissing someone off enough to go after him.

The story from the Daily Mail about the security cameras says "$1,000 in notes". I don't recall if that's what yesterday's story said, but I want to say that it did say dollars. Now, though, they seem to have corrected that to reflect paper bills but not specific currency. So, it very well could have been 100s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

If someone threw $1000 on him, that sounds more like cartel, because who else around there could afford that?

I need to study up on hillbilly justice. I would think that if CR Jr's altercation with a 33 yr old woman or conflict with other teens caused these murders, that there would be a lot more dead people around the country.

I don't think most intend to vilify the victims or say any of them deserved this. But, I think many of us feel that criminal activity puts you into contact with some very evil people and evil situations. I have never messed with drugs, but have someone close to me who has been into all kinds of drugs for decades. She hangs with unsavory "friends" who all just use each other. None of them can be trusted and I know she has put herself into dangerous situations with dangerous, untrustworthy people. I honestly have even considered the possibility of finding her in her home dead some day.....not because I would think she would deserve it, but because I know she has allowed some pretty low life characters in her home. The drug world is full of some pretty evil people who will use and abuse anyone....even those they call family or friends. Not a world I ever wanted any part of.

I have a friend like that too. We haven't hung out for years because our relationship is strained due to the drugs. The crowd she hangs out with scare me and I also worry about finding her dead. I'm not saying everyone here is vilifying them, but there are some comments on certain media sites where the victims are being vilified. People need to show some respect for the dead, but yes, I agree that the drug world is a very dangerous world to get into. I wouldn't want any part of it.

No guns were found at the scene though. If they had been, LE would have suspected murder-suicide. I guess is is possible that a weapon was used for self defense and then taken by the killers. But I still think there had to be 2 killers because there were at least 2 people in each residence (except Kenneth), and the killer(s) knew it.

But what if someone (familY pride) removed a weapon before LE arrived - I think it was Donald he had 4 hours to drive and chuck it ----get back and do his deal ................

One thing I haven't seen in discussion of the 911 call, maybe I missed it.
She likely knew about the illegal activities...I've wondered if "feeding the chickens" has another meaning, like watering the plants or turning on the grow lights.

So now we have a woman who has just found 2 dead bodies, people she obviously cares about, and is about to call the authorities to a property she knows contains a marijuana growing operation. I would think that played a part in her state of mind as she was making the call.
I think minimizing her part was part of why she might not have been as truthful on the 911 call or left out info.

We are talking a large amount, not someone having some personal use stuff and the cops wanting info about a homicide and ignoring the small amount.

This entire case is just bizarre. When the list of gunshot wounds came out it almost seemed like the killers were playing a game...1 victim with 1, 1 victim with 2, 2 with 3, 1 with 4, 2 with 5... and then 9. It's sickening.
Then there's the money strewn about KR'S legs. None of it makes any sense whatsoever

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not asking for state wide help I havent.
This just escalated my suspicions. Maybe 1, 2 or more shooters but there is something bigger behind it.
Why else all the man power? STATEWIDE requested......
National guard may in fact be next.........

I so agree this is CYA OR they know danger is still out there , on my end I think CYA!!

If someone threw $1000 on him, that sounds more like cartel, because who else around there could afford that?

I wouldn't doubt it if there are other dealers in Piketon that are not part of the Mexican Cartel. Maybe someone wanted to wipeout their competition. Maybe these people are bigger dealers than the Rhodens. Could this be possible?

One thing I'm surprised that none of us picked up on. In the comment section of this news article, http://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...nvestigators-search-for-answers-/12/106/32693 there is a comment about the commentator's cabin 1.3 miles from the Rhoden compound and that his brother was 'in the woods' and "heard gunshots" "before sunrise".

This got me thinking and reminded me that, oh yeah. Turkey Season is currently underway in Ohio (http://trekohio.com/ohio-turkey-hunting-season/).

NO WONDER no one would have thought anything of hearing gunshots. The one who would have made note of it was the brother who would have been in the woods and it would have been significant to him because you can not officially take any birds until 1/2 hour before sunrise (1/2 hour before sunrise until noon are the allowed hunting hours).

That would also explain why she may have went to the other house before calling.

One thing I'm surprised that none of us picked up on. In the comment section of this news article, http://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...nvestigators-search-for-answers-/12/106/32693 there is a comment about the commentator's cabin 1.3 miles from the Rhoden compound and that his brother was 'in the woods' and "heard gunshots" "before sunrise".

This got me thinking and reminded me that, oh yeah. Turkey Season is currently underway in Ohio (http://trekohio.com/ohio-turkey-hunting-season/).

NO WONDER no one would have thought anything of hearing gunshots. The one who would have made note of it was the brother who would have been in the woods and it would have been significant to him because you can not officially take any birds until 1/2 hour before sunrise (1/2 hour before sunrise until noon are the allowed hunting hours).

I saw that comment and then checked it out. He does own 9 acres and it is by DR house. It is in Scioto county as is DR house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298