OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CR1 is the key. This was his family. Kenneth? He has kids that weren't harmed. Gary has closer relatives that are unharmed in KY. Sure, his dad was "followed", but given Kenneth's state of mind, he might have freaked out over the smallest thing. It was probably media anyway. Frankie and CR2 apparently made a lot of enemies, but I'm not convinced their enemies were mad enough to wipe out their whole family. Anybody with a beef with Dana or Hanna probably wouldn't feel the need to off Kenneth or Gary.

We've found here on WS how easy it is to find property records online. Perhaps the killers didn't know the family that well and simply targeted anyone living on property owned by CR1. That's a spitballing approach to murder, but we can't argue with the results.

Is this pot and is this what a pot grow looks like

95373562af967f350def7921605ec201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eta: don't laugh at me I know nothing about drugs
http://m.independent.com/news/2008/...d-sophisticated-goleta-grow/?templates=mobile
I am thinking more like this. MOO. uploadfromtaptalk1462127725961.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My primary drawback with this theory is that I don't think a person like that would have the patience, forethought, mental acuity, and skill level to pull off a crime of this magnitude. Especially considering the apparent lack of evidence discovered.

Given the magnitude of the crime and the likel8hood that it took multiple people and considerable planning to pull off I think we have to look at a really big payoff. Bigger than revenge and bigger than theft of cash on hand--even following a big day
And I don't think these guys were primarily selling locally. This was business IMO and had to do with protecting future profits. I don't know if the heat was coming from south or north--but it looks to me like a giant yank on the chain to the folks in Pike County to let them know they are not in charge.

CR1 is the key. This was his family. Kenneth? He has kids that weren't harmed. Gary has closer relatives that are unharmed in KY. Sure, his dad was "followed", but given Kenneth's state of mind, he might have freaked out over the smallest thing. It was probably media anyway. Frankie and CR2 apparently made a lot of enemies, but I'm not convinced their enemies were mad enough to wipe out their whole family. Anybody with a beef with Dana or Hanna probably wouldn't feel the need to off Kenneth or Gary.

We've found here on WS how easy it is to find property records online. Perhaps the killers didn't know the family that well and simply targeted anyone living on property owned by CR1. That's a spitballing approach to murder, but we can't argue with the results.
I think Chris Sr was the target, Hannah was the only one not related to him. Chris Sr was the only one related to everyone and I think we can include Hannah since she lived with Frankie. Had she not, she likely wouldn't have been a victim.

But Chris Sr is the only one directly related to all (if you don't count HG).

I would have agreed with you yesterday. Now I honestly think that was just a weird coincidence.

4/20 is the biggest day of the year for selling pot. There would've been a lot of cash in one of those homes. Probably close to $25,000. I think this is somebody who wanted to get his hands on that cash. Somebody who was mad because Gary was brought in to help with the business instead of himself. Somebody who said in interviews that Kenneth was always willing to give him a loan.

Do you have a link for that interview? (Am I even allowed to ask that?)

Usually a commercial grow op is being shipped out of town to distributors.

Now likely they had a small garden for themselves and to sell to some locals.
much more likely they had one major buyer not " distributors" as you call them. growing this much pot is a lot of work!
takes a lot of time know how and money. if they cant unload product things get backed up real quick. even somewhat smaller operations with just a couple of grow houses needs " major" buyer to unload their product.

I think Chris Sr was the target, Hannah was the only one not related to him. Chris Sr was the only one related to everyone and I think we can include Hannah since she lived with Frankie. Had she not, she likely wouldn't have been a victim.

Which technically she was FR's fiancé and would be an in law, but had she been elsewhere and not living with FR or any of those 4 homes, I agree that I don't think she would have been killed. She unfortunately was tied into a bad situation and I think truly only lost her life because of her current living arrangement, wrong place at the wrong time, so to speak.

I ran across this article from the New York Daily News via Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= new york daily news rhoden murders.

Some of the comments to the post (and comments to the comments) are down-right chilling and seem to allude to the possibility that the Rhoden family's drug operation was becoming larger and angering someone or some group enough for them to take action and wipe them totally out.

Which technically she was FR's fiancé and would be an in law, but had she been elsewhere and not living with FR or any of those 4 homes, I agree that I don't think she would have been killed. She unfortunately was tied into a bad situation and I think truly only lost her life because of her current living arrangement, wrong place at the wrong time, so to speak.
Exactly.. But all the other victims were only directly related to one person, Chris.

Dana wasn't related to Kenny or Gary

Both.. I don't think any of them lived that far from each other that are in Piketon.

I was questioning whether you meant close as in 500 yards vs 10 miles. I thought you might be making a specific reference to someone.

Here is my dilemma.
I am sure it just me!

FR - born 8/10/1995
CRjr- born 11/04/1999

Is is common for the 2nd son to be named Jr?
Perhaps because Clarence was the main Patriarch?
I have only seen this done when a set of male twins was born first, then when a 3rd son was born he became Jr.
Which I still found odd.
I have also seen it once when a couple I know adopted a child after years of infertility, then when an unexpected biological son was born 2 years later, he was named Jr.
It's neither here nor there.
Personal preference I guess.
MOO

That may be the reason why 1st born son wasn't the Jr. in that generation.

Clarence Rhoden (father & patriarch) had a son named Clarence Steven Rhoden, Jr. who was older than Kenneth and Christopher, Sr.

Clarence Steven Rhoden, Jr. was born in 1970 and he died in 1984. His tombstone is in the photo of Clarence Rhoden's tombstone that is on Hanna's FB page.

That brother may have been the 1st born son for that generation. I haven't looked into the ages of the two surviving Rhode brothers.

I ran across this article from the New York Daily News via Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= new york daily news rhoden murders.

Some of the comments to the post (and comments to the comments) are down-right chilling and seem to allude to the possibility that the Rhoden family's drug operation was becoming larger and angering someone or some group enough for them to take action and wipe them totally out.
I think that is possible. Like I've said several times, Gary had very, very close connections to someone involved in trafficking for a large group, to Detroit.

I can't ignore that.

I was questioning whether you meant close as in 500 yards vs 10 miles. I thought you might be making a specific reference to someone.
I don't think we have seen his address. I didn't get the impression he was that close but he could have been.

I think that is possible. Like I've said several times, Gary had very, very close connections to someone involved in trafficking for a large group, to Detroit.

I can't ignore that.

I think it's possible because of that nice big barn at Dana's.

I just ran across this. I'd thought that CRsr and GR were found together.
Quote: Gary was apparently close with his younger cousin, Christopher Rhoden Jr., as the pair died together in the home. “My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs, shot three times in the head, Gary was. The rest of them, I don’t know,” said Gary’s father.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...shooting-victims-a-closer-look-at-the-/nrD5P/

much more likely they had one major buyer not " distributors" as you call them. growing this much pot is a lot of work!
takes a lot of time know how and money. if they cant unload product things get backed up real quick. even somewhat smaller operations with just a couple of grow houses needs " major" buyer to unload their product.

I'm inclined to believe your cannabis knowledge based on name alone ;)

Was she officially engaged to FR?
Was a date set, an announcement- plans in the making?
If that were the case, I could see how she would be seen as a "relative".
Are they being buried separately or together as a married couple would be?

It doesn't sound like it to me, based on reports of the family and a separate fund raiser for HG, but I am behind.
MOO

Not judging how the families decide where to bury who or what the family choses to do as far as naming their sons. Obviously to each his own.

As an only child, married to an only child and a very small family, a few things that I have wondered. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member