OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this going a little off track but I need some help. I seen mention somewhere that Dana was living in the place that a recent family member had moved into when she vacated it. Does anyone recall if that was mentioned here? I'm not wanting to speculate on him or his reference to how far he was from where Kenneth was found. I'm just trying to verify if that is in fact where she had been living. Does anyone know how vacant her current residence had been before she moved into it?

Then maybe your red flag is gossip that has no truth to it..

It is possible to read a piece of gossip elsewhere, and think "gee, that has a ring of truth to it" -- and then go investigate it further and find things that back it up. That doesn't mean it isn't a good theory. We all use our critical thinking skills here. That is why we are here. We are all just trying to get justice for this family.

Even if something has seeds in a gossip post -- it doesn't mean it CAN'T be true. That just means we can't discuss it here. Which is why I said I can't discuss it here.

Just tell me please what is a red flag to you.

You typed a lot of words but worked really hard to not answer my question..

My gut tells me he didn't do it and that his biggest mistake was talking to the media.

It is possible to read a piece of gossip elsewhere, and think "gee, that has a ring of truth to it" -- and then go investigate it further and find things that back it up. That doesn't mean it isn't a good theory. We all use our critical thinking skills here. That is why we are here. We are all just trying to get justice for this family.

Even if something has seeds in a gossip post -- it doesn't mean it CAN'T be true. That just means we can't discuss it here. Which is why I said I can't discuss it here.
Yeah but I know what you are basing it on. The person that started that is not who they say they are.

I know, trust me it was political spin, I write politicial spin in my job sometimes lol.

Yeah, I didn't think it was originally. Listening to it again you're right, I don't know why he didn't just stop at the no comment.

One possibility is there was what sounded like a British reporter that seemed to be irritating him just before that line of questions.
When the first question I quoted was asked, DeWine sort of chuckled right before the sheriff gave his answer. The "small county, familiar with most people" bit was said with some attitude.

Last comment on sheriff and his comments on Rhoden family. I listened to the pressers again. First one he was asked about their standing in the community. He said they were members and he wouldn't comment on it, family is grieving etc.

Second presser, "Was law enforcement familiar with the Rhoden family prior to this event?"
Yes. We have a small county, we're familiar with most people.

"In terms of a criminal sense or in that..." (Cut off by sheriff)
I won't comment on that.
I have never been involved with that family in a criminal nature, and I've been in law enforcement locally for 20 years.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Yeah but I know what you are basing it on. The person that started that is not who they say they are.

I know that. There's no way family members would post there. There were a few posters though - not just that one. Plus the radio guy that the locals said they heard Friday morning saying he was told it was an "inside job." It's ALL conjecture. That's why we are here.

Not neccasarily. My cousins in laws who passed away a few years ago lived in a new subdivision that was built on concrete slabs. Those slabs were wiped clean. House built on traditional foundations were picked up and sat back down. Single wides are a different story. It really depends on the level of tornado.

Wait..

Why can you not say what you think about his demeanor in an interview? How is that a problem?

I thought we aren't supposed to say anything accusatory about anyone who hasn't been named a POI. What I would have to say would be accusatory.

Gah! Just when I caught up, I have to run out again. Have fun, friends! Will be back later!

My eyeballs need help. What am I supposed to be seeing in Donald Stone?

I thought we aren't supposed to say anything accusatory about anyone who hasn't been named a POI. What I would have to say would be accusatory.

Gah! Just when I caught up, I have to run out again. Have fun, friends! Will be back later!

All of y'all have a nice night.

Well I think if an interview is done and you think something is weird, you can say that.

Now calling someone a killer based on an interview could be a different thing, unless they said "I killed them all".

For the record, you can say something about a person's demeanor, as long as you aren't accusing them of being involved in a crime. Saying that a person's demeanor is defensive, agitated, concerned, frightened, etc. is a-okay. Saying, "Brother Johnny looks nervous. I bet he killed Sue," is not okay, unless Brother Johnnie is a named suspect.

Media trucks all gone from #PikeCounty scene. But core group of BCI investigators seem to be still at it out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry deleting because my first reply posted. My browser is acting wonky.

"Christopher Rhoden Sr., who was 40, and Dana Rhoden, who was 37, had reconciled following a 2007 divorce, relatives say." From cinncinati.com article today. So I wonder if he was living and sleeping in the house with Dana and the kids normally that late at night. It doesn't change anything except perhaps where shooters might have expected him to be.

Everybody done with the "why would someone live in a trailer" debate?

Debating the virtues or horrors of living in a trailer, mobile home, RV, 5th wheel does nothing but end in frustration. Because at the end of the day, different people live different lives, make different choices, have different resources and different cultural influences.

There are things that people can question until the cows come home and won't ever get an answer they find satisfactory. :deadhorse:

Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member