OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what if she went to the second trailer looking for help? I mean she didn't know there was more than one scene, right? So she goes into Frankie's home first, finds him and HG, then runs to CR's for help. THEN she calls her father.
When she finds the first scene, the closest help is the second scene. Only she doesn't know it's a crime scene yet. That's why she goes in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Edited - auto-correct

I see what you are saying, but obviously, the first scene she sees is clearly a murder scene.......and how does she feel confident that the murderer isn't lurking somewhere and she will be the next victim. I know,it all happened so blurry fast, but she wasn't or didn't seem to be afraid for her own life! Maybe just a tough ol' country girl...... JMO

Well, what if she went to the second trailer looking for help? I mean she didn't know there was more than one scene, right? So she goes into Frankie's home first, finds him and HG, then runs to CR's for help. THEN she calls her father.
When she finds the first scene, the closest help is the second scene. Only she doesn't know it's a crime scene yet. That's why she goes in.

Edited - auto-correct

There is a discrepancy of 49 minutes between the time she said she discovered the bodies and the time she placed the 911 calls. Speculation in earlier threads was that she drove to her dads and dropped the kids off and then they all went to Dana's.

In Oho, you have to be 18 to purchase a long gun and 21 to purchase a handgun.

There is a discrepancy of 49 minutes between the time she said she discovered the bodies and the time she placed the 911 calls. Speculation in earlier threads was that she drove to her dads and dropped the kids off and then they all went to Dana's.
I missed that, everything moves so fast here lol.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/pike-county-shooting-victims-relationships-release/nrBhT/

Funeral services for six of the eight Rhoden family members killed in execution-style shootings April 22 will be held today.

The services will begin at noon today at Dry Run Church of Christ in West Portsmouth for: Christopher Don Rhoden Sr., 40; Dana Lynn Rhoden, 37; Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 20; Hanna Rhoden, 19; Christopher Don Rhoden Jr., 16; and Kenneth Rhoden, 44.

Were the kids (6mo and 3yr old) NOT on scene when LE arrived? That would be a dead giveaway that Bobby left the scene and came back. I think the kids were there, and many believe that they can be heard in the background of the 911 call. JMO

We've discussed this before, but I'm still interested, LOL.

The interviews with DS, his statements, and the 911 call. Couple of things stand out.

1. He stated he looked up and saw KR dead. Okay, I totally get that. It's a 5th wheel RV. He would have looked up. But. He had $1,000 thrown on his body, so he says. He took the time to count the money? He tampered with a crime scene? Before or after the police arrived? Just getting stuck on that detail.
I believe I read somewhere that it was about $1000. I don't think he actually counted it.
2. The dog. The dog wasn't crated because he said he had to get it under control for the police. The dog wouldn't have gotten in bed with its master and had money all over the room from being up there? Why would he leave the dog in the 5th wheel until the police arrived? Maybe its just me, but it seems like getting the dog outside would have been something I would have thought to do. But that's just me.

I am not sure if the dog was ever inside. I think the dog may have been roaming freely on the property. The crate may be outside or in some building other than the RV.

DS still gives me the heebie-jeebies, sorry, I just can't help it! JMO

Yet it's in the rural area the cartel is buying and using as grow operations. This Sheriff is one of many in the surrounding areas that have worked with Pike County and is meeting now to discuss what happened and the cartel and big drug operations all over their area and the state. He does know what he's talking about since he's the one arresting them and saying it's such a big threat the cartel is threatening their detectives. It's less than two hours away. As I said, I don't know who's involved with executing eight members of one family, but the cartel is all over the country according to the Govt, whether people choose to ignore or deny it, the problem doesn't go away.

"Aside from not wanting to draw attention to themselves with such a sweeping hit, particularly of non-Mexicans, Quinones said it's unlikely the Mexican growers would have interacted with the Rhodens. There would have been a language barrier and they likely were dealing with two different types of crop because indoor grows, like at least one found during the murder investigation, typically involve more potent hybrid marijuana."
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...e-pot-link-mexican-cartels-unlikely/83594226/

Have we seen this video before? And, am I understanding him to sy it is at a 5th location Friday night?

http://www.whio.com/videos/news/new.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp
I haven't seen that one but that is a different location. IIRC some of Union Hill Road is in the county. I had said way back on the threads that it seemed Chris might own some property on that county also. I had said we have just heard about three grow ops but there could be more with all the property he owns.

I don't now if they intended on releasing the grow op info, media did that right before a presser so I assumed it was leaked. When they aged about it at the presser the AG wouldn't comment, but then if you were watching the presser online, they kept filming and during the scrum a reporter asked and he went ahead and confirmed it. Their grow operations could be much bigger or there could also be operations for other drugs on some of these other properties.

Someone had put up the link of IJ's charge back in August, that's his mother in the name over his, and the name under his is the No Bond at the beginning. He was arrested and held for a couple of days. It didn't show a reason for his arrest, but he's friends with the teens and IJ in the fb incident and fight with Chris Jr. IJ said in an article he's had past differences with the Rhodens. http://m.newswatchman.com/community/article_b457a09b-643d-598e-9099-62b3a88f14f4.html?mode=jqm

This will probably not set well with others but it's my opinion and I'm sharing it so I know I'm gonna get swatted for it. This has opened my eyes to a subject I didn't think a thing about Marijuana, it is not legal where I live and the fight and push for medical mj is a constant topic on the news and petitions in your face everywhere. I had the outlook that if it helps people in terminal illness pain or chemo treatments seizures then by all means yes.
There is no way now I could ever vote in Nov for it to be approved in fact I think while the LE is working the cases in Ohio DEA ATF all agencies should be making a broad swipe through the hills backwoods backyards everywhere and destroy every plant they can find. Burn one for me!!!
The plant may not be evil but the stupidity of people thsee days combined with it makes for one dangerous situation. Just like guns don't kill people do.
I am just one vote and it probably won't make or break the outcome the only way I see it should be allowed is make it a liquid syrup or pill form that you go to the pharmacy with your prescription and get filled, none of this grow your own or buy in town at a weed boutique. Not every tom sick and Harry needs it and it would need to be not given to those that have a headache or cramps or their ingrown toenails and hemeroids acting up. They control is like any other medications and I would vote.
I also don't buy the whole if it was legal we wouldn't have these crimes.. that just tells me no because if you can't obey what is law now your not gonna obey the guidelines if it is legal. That's a non issue if that's the argument. I was raised in the day of peace full pot lol and a large family the older siblings were straight line didn't do a thing and the younger ones smoked like it was going out of style, how did things turn out 3 siblings have jobs 2 in law enforcement and one in insurance homes families morals. The younger 2 neither has a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of they had education at their finger tips but they ditched school half the time to smoke and chill out they would smoke and we all knew it they had no motivation after. They still smoke and have graduated to other forms of feeling good. We will always have them to watch out for and their kids are here and there grown now but not in better shape. For me oh yeah I had my moment of giving it a try and had a full asthma attack and couldn't breathe bout died seriously and my sister had to get my mom and when daddy got to the hospital and I told what happened I wished I would have choked. I was able to sneak around and drink those little miller ponies with some friends in hs lol that was the deepest my rebellion ran.
Alcohol and cigarettes have killed more of my family and friends, before age 60 than anything. Most people I know have smoked pot, I have, and we are quite successful. Pot is not addictive, however alcohol is yet no one cares. Just my two cents from watching a lot of folks die from alcoholism/cancer.

"Aside from not wanting to draw attention to themselves with such a sweeping hit, particularly of non-Mexicans, Quinones said it's unlikely the Mexican growers would have interacted with the Rhodens. There would have been a language barrier and they likely were dealing with two different types of crop because indoor grows, like at least one found during the murder investigation, typically involve more potent hybrid marijuana."
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...e-pot-link-mexican-cartels-unlikely/83594226/

Im mystified by this article. What I read in the news seems to contradict.

I dont really care what they do about legalizing it personally. But in the area of Appalachia I live in, moonshine was a HUGE enterprise in the day and tons of folks were gunned down over it. Stills were hidden in the woods, cops would bust em, they would move. Good indication someone was stilling was by how many corn fields they had planted....but they'd just move the corn to another location to still it. I don't know if I've heard of one death over moonshine since booze has been legal again. And yes, they still make moonshine in these hills. I have some on my bar as we speak.

The war on drugs and it being illegal is the reason there are the problems of crime associated with it. Just like Prohibition brought about a lot of crime.. Alcohol was illegal so it created a big market which means there was always someone that wanted all the profits and no competition, even if they couldn't meet the demand, hence a lot of the killing and crime over it.

Can 15 and 13 year olds have guns in America? If not why was the charge just trespassing and not unlawful possession of a firearm?
No they can't have guns. One issue here is illegal gun charges aren't serious offenses even for adults. Also with the kids that charge could be coming, they might be adding to it, but it is just a slap on the wrist even for an adult.

I haven't seen that one but that is a different location. IIRC some of Union Hill Road is in the county. I had said way back on the threads that it seemed Chris might own some property on that county also. I had said we have just heard about three grow ops but there could be more with all the property he owns.

I don't now if they intended on releasing the grow op info, media did that right before a presser so I assumed it was leaked. When they aged about it at the presser the AG wouldn't comment, but then if you were watching the presser online, they kept filming and during the scrum a reporter asked and he went ahead and confirmed it. Their grow operations could be much bigger or there could also be operations for other drugs on some of these other properties.

This is a different location. A 5th location.
I went back thru Mike Campbell's Tweets where there are two mentions with photos.
It was NEVER mentioned again. Never.
I think your ideas about other operations are good.

Question. What is a scrum?

I don't know if it's already been shared, but I just read this tonight. It mentions why and how Dewine was brought in, but the two things that stuck out the most to me were the part he talked about overtime and how long agents had been working and then at the end when he talked about CR2. It just made me sorta refocus and think about the agents working hard and long hours away from their own families and how many here are criticizing how long the investigation has take. The other thing just made me so sad when he talked about CR2 room. I have a son who is into sports and has the typical boys sport room. There has been a lot of talk about him being terrible but then reading that hit home. He was just a kid. Here's the link.
http://recordherald.com/news/6173/dewine-worst-case-ive-ever-seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is just a kid. And this was a very loving family regardless of activities they chose to join in on. I know plenty of people who smoke or grow pot, that doesn't make them bad people. I know plenty of people that live their lifestyle of derby cars and hunting, it's normal where they live, it doesn't make them bad people.

Nobody is aggravated with the hours they are putting in to solve this. We all understand the why, it's frustrating when things are held close to the vest, which we've all stated we understand why. It's frustrating when there are contradictions. Nobody is at a point of disrespect that they aren't doing their job, we know they are doing their job. We worry about everyone else living in fear and this going cold with no justice. We all know they are working hard and long hours, and we all respect it. Nobody is criticizing how long it takes. Murders aren't solved in a 45 minute span like a TV show. We are noting things they say, the way they say it. We are wanting justice. We are anxious for more answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70