OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering about this 5th location .
I could explain 4 of the search warrants ... The 5th makes me wonder.
Or was the 5th location the pond ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im mystified by this article. What I read in the news seems to contradict.

I read that article before. The guy who is quoted in it as an "expert" is a journalist/writer of a book. He studied the subject and wrote for various publications about it. The articles I've cited several times say the exact opposite of this guy. Those were citing an actual DEA agent who specifically worked the cartel angle in the US for 20 years. Others were government Drug Task Force publications. Funny they don't agree... Ah, journalists.

Were the kids (6mo and 3yr old) NOT on scene when LE arrived? That would be a dead giveaway that Bobby left the scene and came back. I think the kids were there, and many believe that they can be heard in the background of the 911 call. JMO
Personally I think there was an additional family member there that I can't mention because of TOS. They were in the video footage that first came out. The kids were not there in the footage. I thought I could hear kids in the background of the call- but others have said there were so many people there its hard to discern.

Were the kids (6mo and 3yr old) NOT on scene when LE arrived? That would be a dead giveaway that Bobby left the scene and came back. I think the kids were there, and many believe that they can be heard in the background of the 911 call. JMO
I presume that the children were already found by the time the 911 call was made, and that they were already outside. I hear background noises on the 911 call, but I am not sure if these are
artifacts caused by the bad sound quality or whether these are voices. I do hear someone saying "good job" at the very end. Comparing the two 911 tapes, it seems to me that Bobby was still connected to 911 when this was said. The connection starts and ends with a big plop sound. After the call ends, there is 12.3 seconds of silence and then the robot says "end of recording". I believe that the "good job" was said at Bobby's end of the conversation, and not at the 911 call center. (I think it would be unprofessional of the 911 call center to put "good job" on the tape if that is what they did.)
Where exactly do you hear children's voices? Maybe I can try to enhance the sound quality.

Anyway the 49 minutes discrepancy and the inconsistencies of the 911 tape suggest that Bobby did not just find the two bodies. I am not even sure if she found any of the bodies first.

Did she know that Chris and Gary were dead? She seems unsure. On the other hand, she does ask for a deputy, not an ambulance. This suggest that she believed them to be dead, or she
wasn't concerned of them dying (I don't think the latter is the case). But if she believed them to be dead, how did she know. 3 bullets to the head make death a near certainty, but she doesn't mention
this at all. She only says that someone beat the hell out of Chris. But Chris must also have had several gun shot wounds. BTW, does she also claim that Gary was beaten up???

I really wonder if she saw the scene herself. She may have peeked into the trailer and she saw a lot of blood. But she may not have gone into the back room to see the bodies up close.
I think someone else found the bodies first. That person told Bobby that Chris (and perhaps Gary) were beaten up and dead, but did not mention the gun shot wounds. And that person
also asked or forced Bobby to make the 911 call.

I read that article before. The guy who is quoted in it as an "expert" is a journalist/writer of a book. He studied the subject and wrote for various publications about it. The articles I've cited several times say the exact opposite of this guy. Those were citing an actual DEA agent who specifically worked the cartel angle in the US for 20 years. Others were government Drug Task Force publications. Funny they don't agree... Ah, journalists.

I'm likening this to the current presidential elections. You can find article and people to agree with your point no matter which side you're on.

Personally I think there was an additional family member there that I can't mention because of TOS. They were in the video footage that first came out. The kids were not there in the footage. I thought I could hear kids in the background of the call- but others have said there were so many people there its hard to discern.

At the beginning of BJ's 911 call before she starts talking to the operator, it sounds like she tells someone to "go back in the bedroom." I think it's before she starts talking, I haven't listened to it in a few days though. Anyone else hear that?

The only problem I have with that is that I and others think that she found TWO of the murder scenes and reported ONE in the 911 call. One would think that after she found whichever the FIRST one was, she would have been too scared to enter another trailer. But I can see why she immediately called her close-by relatives before 911. She would want someone there FAST! Even if she called 911 after her FIRST discovery, it seems awfully brave to me that she DARED to check a second one, instead of trying to get away from possible danger. JMO
I disagree. If I'd found a member of my family dead along w/his gf, I'd have grabbed the babies and ran across to my other family member's home not even thinking they could be dead too. At that point, when, she found Cr1 & GR, & made the phone call she was most likely just totally in shock and possibly on some lovely not wanting to say about Frankie &Hanna in front of the 3yo.

Yeah Quinones is a free lance writer and sells books, he's not an authority on what's happening in Ohio, esp when he's contradicting what the Govt, and Sheriffs in the state are saying. He just likes to get attention.

I think that's the location Kenneth Rhoden was found.
I don't think so. At the end he says "8 people found dead at 4 locations and Friday night another location". The "and Friday night..." part is a paraphrase.

This may be too far off topic and if so mods feel free to delete. However, last night there was a good bit of discussion about political spin coming from the state level. This is where I suggest it is coming from.

First--Dewine spent his day yesterday addressing this group--focused square-on on issues of opiode addiction. http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...rence-addresses-three-sides-of-addiction.html. Now, its a pretty fur piece from marijuana to opiodes to heroin. But voters may not always grasp the nuances. And we don't know what the guys in haz-mat suits were looking for or may have found in the woods. But we know that this is an issue state-wide with a particular focus in rural counties. Some say that heroin addiction now has a white face, which is moving focus away from jail to treatment. Be that as it may, Kasich, fighting for the national spotlight is vulnerable there when he talks about the miracles he has wrought in Ohio.

Further--his first foray into fighting opiode use/addiction may have actual fueled the fires by shutting down "pill mills" (many located in rural counties) where scripts were easily available for "pain meds." http://www.npr.org/2011/06/19/137284148/a-county-triumphs-over-prescription-pill-mills. It looked like an easy fix, but addiction doesn't work that way. Without scripts, addicts moved easily over into heroin--next-best-fix-for-the-price. And heroin has been boosted by Fentenyl (a prescription med, available as patches, and perhaps lifted from patients in nursing homes or home health situations).

Again--not to suggest any particular connection to the Rhoden family, just a presentation of the environment in which Dewine is navigating. And while he is the AG--charged with defending the state, he also stands politically in a position to protect K.

But isn't the handgun age 21?

Georgia prohibits the possession or control of a handgun by any person under age 18.1 This prohibition does not apply if the underage person is:

Attending a hunter education course or a firearms safety course;

Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction where such range is located;

Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized non-profit group that uses firearms as a part of such performance;

Hunting or fishing pursuant to a valid license if such person has in his or her possession a valid hunting or fishing license if required; is engaged in legal hunting or fishing; has permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted; and the handgun, whenever loaded, is carried only in an open and fully exposed manner; or

Traveling to or from any of the aforementioned activities, if the handgun is not loaded

In addition, this prohibition does not apply if the person under age 18 is:

On real property under the control of his or her parent, legal guardian, or grandparent and who has the permission of the parent or legal guardian to possess a handgun; or

At his or her residence and possesses a handgun while exercising rights authorized by Georgia provisions regarding the justified use of force against another with the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian.3

No person may intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly sell or furnish a handgun to a minor (person under the age of 18 years).4 However, a parent or legal guardian may permit possession of a handgun by a minor for the purposes specified above

I believe I read somewhere that it was about $1000. I don't think he actually counted it.

I am not sure if the dog was ever inside. I think the dog may have been roaming freely on the property. The crate may be outside or in some building other than the RV.

That could be the answer on the dog. I was reading the dog wouldn't let them in. I assumed the dog was on the other side of the door.

And both 911 calls. "I need a deputy". Perhaps just a phrase. I dunno. Admittedly, there's a million ways to phrase finding your relative murdered.

I have been wondering about this 5th location .
I could explain 4 of the search warrants ... The 5th makes me wonder.
Or was the 5th location the pond ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you need a warrant for a pond?

Someone suggested that it was the warrant to search the home of the kid who made threats on FB. Not sure how that falls out timeline-wise.

This may be too far off topic and if so mods feel free to delete. However, last night there was a good bit of discussion about political spin coming from the state level. This is where I suggest it is coming from.

First--Dewine spent his day yesterday addressing this group--focused square-on on issues of opiode addiction. http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...rence-addresses-three-sides-of-addiction.html. Now, its a pretty fur piece from marijuana to opiodes to heroin. But voters may not always grasp the nuances. And we don't know what the guys in haz-mat suits were looking for or may have found in the woods. But we know that this is an issue state-wide with a particular focus in rural counties. Some say that heroin addiction now has a white face, which is moving focus away from jail to treatment. Be that as it may, Kasich, fighting for the national spotlight is vulnerable there when he talks about the miracles he has wrought in Ohio.

Further--his first foray into fighting opiode use/addiction may have actual fueled the fires by shutting down "pill mills" (many located in rural counties) where scripts were easily available for "pain meds." http://www.npr.org/2011/06/19/137284148/a-county-triumphs-over-prescription-pill-mills. It looked like an easy fix, but addiction doesn't work that way. Without scripts, addicts moved easily over into heroin--next-best-fix-for-the-price. And heroin has been boosted by Fentenyl (a prescription med, available as patches, and perhaps lifted from patients in nursing homes or home health situations).

Again--not to suggest any particular connection to the Rhoden family, just a presentation of the environment in which Dewine is navigating. And while he is the AG--charged with defending the state, he also stands politically in a position to protect K.

IMO, K's team has been vetting any communications DeWine engages in from the start. That's why it sounds so unusual, it's written by people who aren't familiar with LE issues and murder investigations.

This will probably not set well with others but it's my opinion and I'm sharing it so I know I'm gonna get swatted for it. This has opened my eyes to a subject I didn't think a thing about Marijuana, it is not legal where I live and the fight and push for medical mj is a constant topic on the news and petitions in your face everywhere. I had the outlook that if it helps people in terminal illness pain or chemo treatments seizures then by all means yes.
There is no way now I could ever vote in Nov for it to be approved in fact I think while the LE is working the cases in Ohio DEA ATF all agencies should be making a broad swipe through the hills backwoods backyards everywhere and destroy every plant they can find. Burn one for me!!!
The plant may not be evil but the stupidity of people thsee days combined with it makes for one dangerous situation. Just like guns don't kill people do.
I am just one vote and it probably won't make or break the outcome the only way I see it should be allowed is make it a liquid syrup or pill form that you go to the pharmacy with your prescription and get filled, none of this grow your own or buy in town at a weed boutique. Not every tom sick and Harry needs it and it would need to be not given to those that have a headache or cramps or their ingrown toenails and hemeroids acting up. They control is like any other medications and I would vote.
I also don't buy the whole if it was legal we wouldn't have these crimes.. that just tells me no because if you can't obey what is law now your not gonna obey the guidelines if it is legal. That's a non issue if that's the argument. I was raised in the day of peace full pot lol and a large family the older siblings were straight line didn't do a thing and the younger ones smoked like it was going out of style, how did things turn out 3 siblings have jobs 2 in law enforcement and one in insurance homes families morals. The younger 2 neither has a pot to piss in or window to throw it out of they had education at their finger tips but they ditched school half the time to smoke and chill out they would smoke and we all knew it they had no motivation after. They still smoke and have graduated to other forms of feeling good. We will always have them to watch out for and their kids are here and there grown now but not in better shape. For me oh yeah I had my moment of giving it a try and had a full asthma attack and couldn't breathe bout died seriously and my sister had to get my mom and when daddy got to the hospital and I told what happened I wished I would have choked. I was able to sneak around and drink those little miller ponies with some friends in hs lol that was the deepest my rebellion ran.

Yeah.. We should definitely just keep handing out Oxy and Vicodin like candy.

I've said it since the beginning. I believe there is more to this than pot.

I'm likening this to the current presidential elections. You can find article and people to agree with your point no matter which side you're on.

Very true! And all of our opinions, however brilliant we think they are, are just that until we know for sure who dun it. :)

I enjoy hearing opposite views. I'll probably not agree with them, but it makes me think.

Have we seen this video before? And, am I understanding him to sy it is at a 5th location Friday night?

http://www.whio.com/videos/news/new.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

IMO, he wasn't saying there was a body at that location. He was saying they were searching another location, assume looking for the perps or more evidence of some kind. Seems highly unlikely they would find another victim and be able to keep it secret.

That part of the story went quiet. It will be interesting to see what they found there. Another grow operation? Wonder where it was? He mentions its in Scioto county. Anyone up for some google maps serching?

I disagree. If I'd found a member of my family dead along w/his gf, I'd have grabbed the babies and ran across to my other family member's home not even thinking they could be dead too. At that point, when, she found Cr1 & GR, & made the phone call she was most likely just totally in shock and possibly on some lovely not wanting to say about Frankie &Hanna in front of the 3yo.

I think this is also a possibility. I also noticed that Bobby is out of breath. Perhaps from the shock, or perhaps because she just ran. So this would explain some of the mysteries around the 911,
but not all (such as her saying "please don't hurt me").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax