OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Dickerson,Pike Co. Prosecutor's Office: Family member Wilma McCoy to come speak for family. #PikeCounty #CGNow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dickerson: McCoy is sister to Chris & Kenneth Rhoden. Has handwritten statement, might say more. "She's very emotional." #PikeCounty #CGNow

Funeral wrapped up, all of 37 minutes since noon. People exiting the church now. #PikeCounty #CGNow

Could some have been shots that transferred from one to another (I forget the typical term), though? Could 1-3 shots that hit GR also have hit CRsr and would they count those as shots to CRsr?

That's a good question. I THINK, that we were told the actual number of direct shots to each victim. If and or when the release the actual reports if there were any double hits, I think they will be described as separate wounds. That's just my opinion of reading reports of other cases through out the years.

Seems like the funeral was quick especially with people still going in so late and a funeral for so many.

No matter what outsiders may think of the Rhoden family members who were gunned down I get the feeling they were much loved by many.

Such a heartbreaking image to see all of the funeral cars lined up to take them to their final resting place here on earth.

That is odd.
Seems to me also. Just for an individual family member, our services have always been 45 mins to an hour and that was the actual service, not counting any visitation beforehand.

Twitter

Scioto Burial Park ready for 5 of 8 members of Rhoden family slain April 22 in #PikeCounty. @Enquirer #cgnow

I do feel sorry for the family and friends. Regardless of what happened in all of these crimes, victims and perps, were loved by someone and their world was forever changed.

I would like to apologize for my "out there" theory. I realize I'm not as up to date with all the information other users know for a fact. Currently 12 family members of mine work in varied areas of LE, military, Judicial system, guess I really made a big blunder not staying within the "box". From now own I will be more in line with others opinions and theories.
I do not live in Ohio or anywhere near there, do not know anyone remotely near there either. Again I apologize.

Don't feel bad. I got my hand slapped the other day for suggesting that cockfighting draws very important people to it that wouldn't want to be found out. I referenced as a possiblity judges and state senators as an example and got smacked for it. No worries, welcome to websleuths lol.

Also speaking of this.. That documentary about the Whites of West Virginia, they all, kids and adults, had tons of pills of various kinds. That made me wonder if these smaller rural areas had much more of an issue with doctors handing out prescriptions. Doing that not only is a danger to the person, it increases crime in the area, it does fuel heroin use and the other big thing, it ends up in the end, making it difficult for patients in true pain, whether acute or chronic.

It very much fuels heroine use.

From what I've seen, not all, but MOST people we have that are addicted to pain killers are in absolute denial. They are convinced their pain is real, and they are convinced it's worsening. And really, studies have shown long term narcotic use don't help pain, and it only makes people think they are in more pain, requiring upped dosages and increased strength.

Heroin is FAR cheaper than prescription pills. When people aren't getting their pills, they find the heroine. It's cheaper, they use less. They start becoming addicted and doing more and more, until it kills them.

Heroine is a very large problem in this country, and I believe our pain prescriptions have had a lot to do with it. It's not people you would expect, like I mentioned, and it often starts out with a legitimate pain problem, but our society has some weird thing where people feel like they should never experience any pain at all.

Obviously, I don't know if the Rhoden's were involved in any other drug activities. I know people that grow pot and sell pot and don't even mess with other stuff, and I know people that let the money get to them and they get asked about this or that, and they try to find it, and then they start selling it not even realizing it.. It's easy to see the money. Those people can get mad if they don't get what they want.. Or they get mislead that something they are getting isn't what they expected.. Again, not saying the Rhoden's were selling ANYTHING other than pot, just throwing out some more theories.

Funeral wrapped up, all of 37 minutes since noon. People exiting the church now. #PikeCounty #CGNow

I think it was best to have a shortened service. These people including family members and friends have to be exhausted.

I have been to many funeral services over the years and many of them are way too long and usually there are little children there and they grow so restless. My father in law's funeral service was two hours long but it seem to go fast. The reason was so many wanted to get up and say how he had impacted their lives in positive ways.

By the time the funeral is held all of the Rhoden family, friends, and acquaintances are bone tired so I am glad the preacher didn't get long winded. Hopefully the graveside services will be short as well.

If they are like most funerals I have been to the church will probably feed all the family members once they return from the graveside services or there will be plenty of food taken to one of the family member's home and they will all gather there. Sometimes that goes on for hours before its over.

IMO

Answering myself..
Well it could be that church is too small and the one they are at is bigger..

I remember hearing somewhere when they first announced it that it was because the family had had dealings with this funeral home previously and I'm thinking, but not certain they handled Clarence (Chris Sr's. dad) arrangements.

I would like to apologize for my "out there" theory. I realize I'm not as up to date with all the information other users know for a fact. Currently 12 family members of mine work in varied areas of LE, military, Judicial system, guess I really made a big blunder not staying within the "box". From now own I will be more in line with others opinions and theories.
I do not live in Ohio or anywhere near there, do not know anyone remotely near there either. Again I apologize.

You don't have to stay "in the box" at all. All you have to worry about is following the rules. Now people might challenge you and that's not a problem. I have challenged people and been challenged myself.

You most certainly don't have to be in line with anyone's opinions and theories. Like I said, the only "box" to stay in and line to toe, are the rules for posting.

I do feel sorry for the family and friends. Regardless of what happened in all of these crimes, victims and perps, were loved by someone and their world was forever changed.

You are right tehcloser. I have no doubt all of the murder victims were deeply loved by many and many are in a great state of grief.

IMO

Cars slowly pulling out at the Rhoden funeral. Lots of people staying close to the church door. #PikeCounty #CGNow

twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member