OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Graves ‏@chrisgraves 1m1 minute ago West Portsmouth, OH

So many tears, so so much heartache here #PikeCounty #cgnow . #riprhodenfamily

I think it was best to have a shortened service. These people including family members and friends have to be exhausted.

I have been to many funeral services over the years and many of them are way too long and usually there are little children there and they grow so restless. My father in law's funeral service was two hours long but it seem to go fast. The reason was so many wanted to get up and say how he had impacted their lives in positive ways.

By the time the funeral is held all of the Rhoden family, friends, and acquaintances are bone tired so I am glad the preacher didn't get long winded. Hopefully the graveside services will be short as well.

If they are like most funerals I have been to the church will probably feed all the family members once they return from the graveside services or there will be plenty of food taken to one of the family member's home and they will all gather there. Sometimes that goes on for hours before its over.

IMO

I agree

I also believe the pain that family, friends and community is so great that it is best.

The most a Minister who doesn't know the victims can do is try to give an uplifting spiritual msg that hopefully will bring some comfort.

There are no words that anyone can say today that will ease the pain.

It's just unimaginable the pain and suffering.

It very much fuels heroine use.

From what I've seen, not all, but MOST people we have that are addicted to pain killers are in absolute denial. They are convinced their pain is real, and they are convinced it's worsening. And really, studies have shown long term narcotic use don't help pain, and it only makes people think they are in more pain, requiring upped dosages and increased strength.

Heroin is FAR cheaper than prescription pills. When people aren't getting their pills, they find the heroine. It's cheaper, they use less. They start becoming addicted and doing more and more, until it kills them.

Heroine is a very large problem in this country, and I believe our pain prescriptions have had a lot to do with it. It's not people you would expect, like I mentioned, and it often starts out with a legitimate pain problem, but our society has some weird thing where people feel like they should never experience any pain at all.

Obviously, I don't know if the Rhoden's were involved in any other drug activities. I know people that grow pot and sell pot and don't even mess with other stuff, and I know people that let the money get to them and they get asked about this or that, and they try to find it, and then they start selling it not even realizing it.. It's easy to see the money. Those people can get mad if they don't get what they want.. Or they get mislead that something they are getting isn't what they expected.. Again, not saying the Rhoden's were selling ANYTHING other than pot, just throwing out some more theories.
Well other drugs can cause crimes like murder from customers for not getting the drugs, pot not generally. If a murder happens over pot it usually has to do with big distribution and then involves some big debt or taking customers.

It is strange about the pain meds and this country. I've traveled to numerous countries, you can buy opiates over the counter in many countries and some even stronger ones directly from the pharmacist without needing a prescription.

Those countries aren't having heroin or meth epidemics and the crime over drugs like we are.

Rhoden family members preparing to speak to the media as the funeral procession lines up. #PikeCounty #CGNow

Well other drugs can cause crimes like murder from customers for not getting the drugs, pot not generally. If a murder happens over pot it usually has to do with big distribution and then involves some big debt or taking customers.

It is strange about the pain meds and this country. I've traveled to numerous countries, you can buy opiates over the counter in many countries and some even stronger ones directly from the pharmacist without needing a prescription.

Those countries aren't having heroin or meth epidemics and the crime over drugs like we are.

The whole heroin and opiod discussion would be a good one for us to have. Not for this thread though. I have lots of theories on that. I'm afraid how much this problem is going to rise in the next few years if we as a country don't do something and do it fast.

I think that means all shots would have been fatal. Not that they were instantly killed.

Yes, I got to thinking more about that and agree. I know of a local murder victim who was shot 6/7 times and did not pass until at least an hr. after the shooting. But there was immediate help.

The whole heroin and opiod discussion would be a good one for us to have. Not for this thread though. I have lots of theories on that. I'm afraid how much this problem is going to rise in the next few years if we as a country don't do something and do it fast.
With the problem especially in the rural areas and as little as we know, this could end up being a part of this crime.

On the iHeart radio interview right now, it is being said the public seems to say more about the know drug operations when reporters turn the cameras off.

On the iHeart radio interview right now, it is being said the public seems to say more about the know drug operations when reporters turn the cameras off.

This on scene reporter is not 'polished' for live reporting.
The " you know" and "I mean" get in the way. But he has been on scene since day one and may offer good insight.
You know?

This on scene reporter is not 'polished' for live reporting.
The " you know" and "I mean" get in the way. But he has been on scene since day one and may offer good insight.
You know?

Yeah he is just "telling a story" and many times that makes for better reporting.

Only MSM (Mainstream Media) tweets and please remember to link occasionally.

Thank you.

IIRC, in an article/interview about the autopsies, it was stated that ALL shots were fatal which to me means that whoever was shot 9 times was deceased after the 1st shot. IMO, that means the murderer shot in quick succession or was extremely angry at that victim. Same with those who were shot 5 times. I'm not caught up, so I apologize if these has already been mentioned.

I think that could be a misinterpretation of what the statement from the coroner actually said.

I can't quickly locate a linkable copy of the statement itself, but this is an accurate direct quotation from the statement released by the coroner:

“All sustained fatal gunshot wounds to the body, including the head, torso, and extremities,” the coroner’s release stated.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_387283df-53f1-56ba-928d-d816cae0e261.html?mode=jqm

I think it may be saying that all of the victims died from fatal gunshot wounds rather than all of the gunshot wounds were fatal.

JMO. I'm holding off assuming that every gunshot wound was fatal by itself until more information about the autopsies is released.

I remember hearing somewhere when they first announced it that it was because the family had had dealings with this funeral home previously and I'm thinking, but not certain they handled Clarence (Chris Sr's. dad) arrangements.

One of the funerals I have attended lately for family members was held at the funeral home. They usually have a bigger facility especially if the family church is small and also that way they can leave from there and go to the graveside which should be less expensive since they aren't having to transport the deceased from the funeral home to the church and then back to the graveside.

Last year we lost four beloved family members almost back to back in less than two weeks.:( All but one was held in the church they attended because the church was large and one was held at the funeral home. But in that one they did have a memorial service at the church they attended the day before the actual funeral.

But I would say in the past two years more of them that I have gone to have been at the funeral home but our family usually has them in the church they attend since it is spacious enough to accommodate everyone. Out of the four family members we lost one used the same funeral home that we have used for over 50 years. It is very spacious, and that particular family member chose the funeral home because they lived miles away in a rural area so they had it in town to make it easier for everyone, and their church was also 40 miles away.

One thing has changed in the last year where I live and that is they are having the viewing the same day as the funeral. That way the family members don't have to come the night before to be there when guest come to see the family. the deceased, and sign the guestbook. I have noticed more are staying for the funeral because its all held the same day. Friends/coworkers that use to come the night before usually didn't get to attend the actual funeral because of work. Its probably less expensive to have it all in one day too since the funeral directors don't have to open the funeral home the night before and stay there until everyone leaves.

IMO

Well they aren't going to give a ton of pain meds for any acute issue.

I had over 30 kidney stones in December and two surgeries for it. They gave me a lot of strong pain meds, but only gave me small amounts at a time. It sometimes required me going to the ER on the weekend because they couldn't call it in. This was a 1.5 month process, the doctor knows me and knew the entire situation. He just told me when I needed more, call and they would write me a prescription I could pick up.

That makes me think the DEA is all over doctors right now. My doctor had CAT scans and numerous other test to back up writing me a huge prescription. A couple of times he wrote me two and post-dated one. There was no issue with him giving me the med, giving me super strong meds that most people won't normally get for an injury or just surgery, it was the amount he would give me at a time. I've had kidney stones most of my life, been a few years. In the past I didn't have meds so strong, but he would give me a prescription with more than enough pills, he has always done that.

Even the ER, having all my records also, would give me plenty of medicine while there but only send me home with 12 pills maximum.

All that just makes me think the DEA is really on doctors because we are a state that doesn't have a pill mill problem, so doctors wouldn't give many pills to many people, much less one that had a baby.

What Ohio is working on is docs rethinking the whole pain meds thing up front. Thinking is that opiods should be the last line rather than the first. I know it used to be that docs got very little training in the field of addiction--either preventing or responding. Not certain if things have gotten better.

I think the pill mills are simply a lucrative aftermath of legit need and prescription gone awry. Some docs think they're OK if they just cut people off when they suspect drug-seeking behavior. When folks are at that point, however, they really need supportive rehab, which we have nowhere near enough of. One of our local rehab facilities just added 8 beds. I forget the cost, but it was huge. And if you have ever tried to get someone into treatment (particularly if they are uninsured or on Medicaid), well, it ain't always easy. And addicts don't follow up very well when it comes to waiting lists or "come back in two weeks."

Sorry for the ramble.

Only MSM (Mainstream Media) tweets and please remember to link occasionally.

Thank you.

How does one provide a link to Twitter? A screen shot ? Sorry to be dense about this.

I think that could be a misinterpretation of what the statement from the coroner actually said.

I can't quickly locate a linkable copy of the statement itself, but this is an accurate direct quotation from the statement released by the coroner:

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_387283df-53f1-56ba-928d-d816cae0e261.html?mode=jqm

I think it may be saying that all of the victims died from fatal gunshot wounds rather than all of the gunshot wounds were fatal.

JMO. I'm holding off assuming that every gunshot wound was fatal by itself until more information about the autopsies is released.

That doesn't sound plausible to me because bullet wounds to the extremities are hardly ever fatal wounds.

ITA! Not all the shots killed them but the one or ones to the head where the fatal shots that ended their life. IMO I think he worded it incorrectly and that is not what he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298