OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were to come out and say "we have persons in mind that we are keeping an eye on".......it might cause another onslaught of murders....which would be awful. JMO
Well it is the releasing zero and seeming to beg for tips still.

I just don't agree with this assessment. 32 shots are sloppy. In the case I have spoken about earlier when a Mexican cartel came to Georgia to do a hit on someone who had testified against one of them in Texas, each of the five victims was murdered execution style with one shot to the head of the five murdered. Someone said earlier that the Mexican cartel doesn't murder children, iirc. Personally I cant remember a case where I read the Mexican cartel left a child or children alive. When they committed the five murders in Georgia the entire family was murdered including three very small children. From what I have read the Mexican cartels are ruthless and will kill all without blinking an eye. When they murder they are sending a message that they will murder adults and all of the children too if they are there. They usually murder if they believe someone has betrayed them in someway or by being an informant/snitch for LE or someone who wanted out of the cartel and drug trade.

I still don't think this had anything to do with the Mexican cartel. The only ones who would leave the children alive is someone who knew them personally and knew them well. imo

IMO

I'm on the fence on whether the # of shots indicates sloppiness. While on the face it does, if they ever release details it could be that the victim with 9 wounds was shot once in each leg, each arm, stomach once or twice and the rest in the head. That wouldn't indicate sloppiness but would likely tell us who the main target was, or who was the most sadistic shooter (assuming more than 1). It could be 8 shots center mass and one in the forehead. There are so many possibilities we could spend an entire thread speculating on who was shot where and how many times and still be wrong.

I agree leaving the children alive is the biggest issue with the Mexican cartel theory. I like almost everything else about it, but that part is tough to reconcile with their known behavior. I could still very easily see it being some other drug trafficking organization, though.

Law Enforcement will continue to stay silent on any details in the case. This happens in every case I've ever followed. Very few details are ever released and it has nothing to do with whether they have a suspect or not.
I've never seen such few details released. They are saying zero about anything unless it is something leaked and they are forced.

He's with the Cincinnati Enquirer and Kentucky Enquirer, not National Enquirer. Is that what you were thinking? I was thinking that until earlier this week.

I should have been more clear
Shouldn't assume

Yes a Cinni reporter..

Once today is over I think there is going to be a huge outcry in pike for some type of answers. At some point grief will turn to anger and it's going to be projected at LE

Once today is over I think there is going to be a huge outcry in pike for some type of answers. At some point grief will turn to anger and it's going to be projected at LE
The people there would likely do that. The fact is there is a mass murderer that could be among them.

Per @ldufour lots of activity and tow trucks at Union Hill Road right now. #PikeCounty #cgnow @Enquirer

@rjstrickleyjr

Producer for Cinncy enquirer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The people there would likely do that. The fact is there is a mass murderer that could be among them.

I wouldn't want to be on their bad side, that's for sure!

I've never seen such few details released. They are saying zero about anything unless it is something leaked and they are forced.

I'm surprised they seem to be getting a pass from the media. I wish there were cameras on the reporters at the first 2 press conferences, because I feel like they would have had the "are these guys serious?" look on their faces. They seem to be asking questions and getting knocked down, then just moving on. That seems strange to me. I've been expecting a reporter to lay into them or read a scathing article, I wonder if that will happen after today's funerals.

Unless most people feel reasonably safe because they think it was a family business thing and the murderers mission was accomplished, with the killing of those 8 people....DUNNO. JMO

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/news/mourners-pack-church-for-rhoden-family-funeral/nrGbt/

The funeral procession to nearby Scioto Burial Park was led by a sheriff’s deputy and seven motorcycles. It included seven Cadillac hearses — one extra in case of a vehicle breakdown.

That's odd. I've never seen a funeral procession to include an extra hearse in case of a breakdown.

I assumed the first one was carrying the living, but that means I didn't realize it was an actual hearse as opposed to a limo.

That's odd. I've never seen a funeral procession to include an extra hearse in case of a breakdown.

I assumed the first one was carrying the living, but that means I didn't realize it was an actual hearse as opposed to a limo.

I haven't either might be because of location of cemetery dunno

Have they released the crime scenes yet? they need to ensure that the families properties are not swarmed by reporters and looky loos when they are released as the appear to not have fences round them or gates that can be locked

I have seen cases with very few details released. Why jeopardize the case if you don't have to? With the level of gossip around, combined with social media, and just plain crazies who are always on the peripheries of cases, the less said the better. Keeps the suspects guessing and keeps the case intact. LE is being smart. Asking for tips/leads is also standard. Someone may have witnessed something, heard something and that person could later be a witness at trial.

bbm. I agree and also am leaning that is where the person with the 9 shots was, either Gary or Chris. jmo

Didn't BJM say in an interview that her nephew was covered from head to toe in blood (referring to Frankie)? Since she saw Chris Sr, Gary, and Frankie, but only mentioned Frankie being covered from head to toe in blood, it makes me wonder if he was the one with the most gunshot wounds. I do remember her saying the others looked like they had the *blank* beat out of them as well.
Not saying that Frankie was the main target. I'm wondering if he put up the biggest fight and that's why he may have been shot more than the others.

I also do not envy LE and crime scene techs who are searching properties, there appears to be vast woods surrounding the properties, difficult terrain to work in and to find small items of evidence

Have they released the crime scenes yet? they need to ensure that the families properties are not swarmed by reporters and looky loos when they are released as the appear to not have fences round them or gates that can be locked

I don't think so

Am thinking now the towing of vehicles could be they are getting ready to release soon

Dunno though

38fda91d3c656562e626dc50add090eb.jpg

Per @ldufour lots of activity and tow trucks at Union Hill Road right now. #PikeCounty #cgnow @Enquirer

@rjstrickleyjr

Producer for Cinncy enquirer

Isn't it said that timing is everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298