OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CR et al also owned 40 acres at Camp Creek and CR by himself owned another small piece there too. I'm not sure how far Camp Creek is from Union Hill but I imagine it would have to be searched too. Not sure of the addresses right now but it's on Auditor site.

Just looked, it's only 10 miles. It's close to left fork.

That would be charged as trafficking in heroin.

Part of the Ohio revised code dealing with it:
thank you. That's more of what I was looking for. I should have been more specific. I found where IJ had an arrest for it.

All I know is there was pot in OH back when I was a kid. It came from Mexico, I thought. 70's.

At least two people I went to school with spent time in prison. One of those for income tax evasion. Lived the life (obvious) and got caught from what the charge implies. The other, possession & selling. 5 for one and 10 the other.

Scared the wits out of us back then.

While I think some of the things I've read here were out there. I still respect everyone's theories because usually there is experience or knowledge behind it. I won't belittle or block anyone because if something turned up that someone needed help with I an here to help. Not belittle. With that being said while I know we are all investigating different avenues, I'm still working on my current poi IJ. I am curious as to who took the charge for him and his mama for their grow up. Or should I say I'm curious as to who they were with when they were arrested for growing it. And where in Pike County? Also can anyone give me thier opinion on what a counterfeit controlled substance charge would be for? Chopped up aspirin? http://m.newswatchman.com/community/article_b457a09b-643d-598e-9099-62b3a88f14f4.html?mode=jqm
The person a couple names below them was found guilty of the same charge. If I had to guess, that was probably the co defendant that took the charge.

Edit: I see now justfaith beat me to that [emoji1]

I was thinking today about all the land connected to CR Does anyone have a total amount of acreage that he alone owned. How much is acreage worth there? In my head the last couple of days I've been thinking they were land rich but is 5 or 6 properties with 2-40 acres really worth that much in Pike County? If I'm not mistaken didn't the land he just purchased for Dana contain a 6 acre lot and a 2 acre lot. I find it hard to believe they were worth $60k a piece. Maybe I'm mixed up about what I've read.

A possible 5th crime scene 30 ish miles away?. So get to go- ogling folks. Eta: this is just speculation from last page. Don't want anyone thinking this was more that that. :)

Chopped up aspirin, oregano, Ajax. Anything you represented as an illegal drug but wasn't.

I knew a guy in college who used to sell "meth" to truckers. It was whatever powdered bathroom cleaner was cheapest and he could make look right. He did not do a lot of repeat business.

I don't think this had anything to do with it and it's kind of off topic but when I was looking at arrest records I saw someone and I don't remember who because I was just searching by date that had an arrest and few other charges for growing and selling ginseng. I might be a complete idiot but I laughed at that and thought why in the world would you get arrested for that. I don't know anything about it.

Finally found IJ, interesting. Is Zae the same person as IJ or friends/family?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A possible 5th crime scene 30 ish miles away?. So get to go- ogling folks.
Portsmouth and chillicothe are both about 30 miles away.

Wasn't a funeral held in Portsmouth and a person apprehended in Chillicothe?

While I think some of the things I've read here were out there. I still respect everyone's theories because usually there is experience or knowledge behind it. I won't belittle or block anyone because if something turned up that someone needed help with I an here to help. Not belittle. With that being said while I know we are all investigating different avenues, I'm still working on my current poi IJ. I am curious as to who took the charge for him and his mama for their grow up. Or should I say I'm curious as to who they were with when they were arrested for growing it. And where in Pike County? Also can anyone give me thier opinion on what a counterfeit controlled substance charge would be for? Chopped up aspirin? http://m.newswatchman.com/community/article_b457a09b-643d-598e-9099-62b3a88f14f4.html?mode=jqm

Oregano.

I don't think this had anything to do with it and it's kind of off topic but when I was looking at arrest records I saw someone and I don't remember who because I was just searching by date that had an arrest and few other charges for growing and selling ginseng. I might be a complete idiot but I laughed at that and thought why in the world would you get arrested for that. I don't know anything about it.

I decided to google it. Found lots of articles on it. There's lots of money in ginseng. I had no idea. It evidently also grows wild in Ohio.

http://m.springfieldnewssun.com/new...gal-ginseng-harvesting-found-in-ohio-1/nM4yp/

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/09/27/anne-answers-ohio-pot-farms/72948548/ This tells who the big growers will be when it's legalized. Maybe the rhodens figured they'd get things rolling and then sell their property when the time came. Move to Florida up by Homosassa or Lake City. I still think it was robbery - someone wanted the money that was going to go to someone else. Maybe that regularly went to someone else. Like hush money or protection.

From the first press conference, Reader originally stated the crime scenes were within 30 miles of each other. Then Dewine called his BCI investigator to come up and stated that he was the lead investigator on the case. This investigator stated the farthest crime scene was about 10 miles from the others. Reader has been there for over 20 years, he knows how far the crime scenes (that we're aware of) were from each other. We know there were 4 crime scenes with murder victims but could there be another crime scene connected, without a murder victim within 30 miles that they aren't telling us about?

[video=youtube;YPKMp_k3dfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKMp_k3dfA[/video]

I don't think you can read anything into the 30 miles comment. The question at about 12:25 was "how big is the crime scene area, how many miles does it stretch across in the perimeter that's been established?" The perimeter of the area probably is about 30 miles and he answered about the distance between house correctly saying the scenes were within miles apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori