OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think some of the things I've read here were out there. I still respect everyone's theories because usually there is experience or knowledge behind it. I won't belittle or block anyone because if something turned up that someone needed help with I an here to help. Not belittle. With that being said while I know we are all investigating different avenues, I'm still working on my current poi IJ. I am curious as to who took the charge for him and his mama for their grow up. Or should I say I'm curious as to who they were with when they were arrested for growing it. And where in Pike County? Also can anyone give me thier opinion on what a counterfeit controlled substance charge would be for? Chopped up aspirin? http://m.newswatchman.com/community/article_b457a09b-643d-598e-9099-62b3a88f14f4.html?mode=jqm

Just one question for you or anyone. Do you think Dewine was denying the position that was taken that first day: the Rhoden family was targeted?

That's a tough one. Certainly downplaying it--wishing Reader hadn't gone there, particularly with time gone by and no apparent arrests in sight. Sure looks to all the world as though they were targeted. Now--can they prove it? Probably a tough proposition. I don't think they are looking for one person--and likely the person(s) are no longer around. I think this one is going some time to sort out. And when they do it will be big.

Meanwhile, AG's job is to protect the Governor.

"Police found the gun to be a Jimenez Arms 9mm semi-automatic pistol loaded with one round in the chamber and nine rounds in the magazine. The officer checked previous reports and found no firearms being stolen that matched the gun's description."

Interesting.

Those kids are so young!

While I think some of the things I've read here were out there. I still respect everyone's theories because usually there is experience or knowledge behind it. I won't belittle or block anyone because if something turned up that someone needed help with I an here to help. Not belittle. With that being said while I know we are all investigating different avenues, I'm still working on my current poi IJ. I am curious as to who took the charge for him and his mama for their grow up. Or should I say I'm curious as to who they were with when they were arrested for growing it. And where in Pike County? Also can anyone give me thier opinion on what a counterfeit controlled substance charge would be for? Chopped up aspirin? http://m.newswatchman.com/community/article_b457a09b-643d-598e-9099-62b3a88f14f4.html?mode=jqm

Chopped up aspirin, oregano, Ajax. Anything you represented as an illegal drug but wasn't.

I knew a guy in college who used to sell "meth" to truckers. It was whatever powdered bathroom cleaner was cheapest and he could make look right. He did not do a lot of repeat business.

I think an example of a counterfeit controlled substance would be herion put in a pill made to look like a legit pain medication.

" A counterfeit controlled substance is any substance other than a controlled substance that a reasonable person would believe to be a controlled substance because of its similarity in shape, size and color, or its markings, labeling, packaging, distribution or the price for which it is sold or offered for sale."

I think an example of a counterfeit controlled substance would be herion put in a pill made to look like a legit pain medication.

That would be charged as trafficking in heroin.

Part of the Ohio revised code dealing with it:

(E) No person shall directly or indirectly represent a counterfeit controlled substance as a controlled substance by describing its effects as the physical or psychological effects associated with use of a controlled substance.

Look two names below the person you referenced in the article...just a guess.

The superintendent of the Ohio BCI reports directly to Mike DeWine.
He isn't on the front line, but he has access to whatever he wants to know, and can shut the sheriff out if he wants.
That aside, he is looking more and more like someone I will not be voting for governor.

Problem being that shutting the sheriff kut would be to lose access to a lot of needed local info. That doesn't necessarily equate to trust, however. I think there's a lot of sorting out needs to happen. Can Reader be trusted? I do not know. Apparently his predecessor not so much. Pretty sure there's a federal role--given the likelihood that some activities have crossed state lines. A case can become federal based on using a gun produced in another state or use of internet/wireless to carry out some portion. Lotta players here, and a lotta folks who want answers. Gonna take awhile.

“They threaten my detectives, they know where their kids live. This is a whole new level that we’re not used to dealing with,” said Plummer."

“We have three different cartels here that we know of for sure, all dealing with drug trafficking,” said Plummer.

Sinaloa, Mexican cartel kingpin, El Chapo’s group
Los Zetas
Mexican mafia

“The Mexican mafia is typically the strong arm. That’s who protects the load, the dangerous ones who do the violence when it needs to be done. So, it’s here,” said Plummer.
For the sheriff’s office, Miller Lane in Butler Township has been the biggest arresting point for cartel members.
“I wish I could release the number on how many we encountered. It’s a lot. We pick a lot of them up at hotels, but now they are buying houses in our communities,” explained Plummer.

For Plummer pushing to cartel out of the Miami Valley has become a personal mission.
“They threaten my detectives, they know where their kids live. This is a whole new level that we’re not used to dealing with,” said Plummer.

Montgomery County is less than two hours away from Pike County. I wonder if this is the reason the AG and other agencies came in immediately to help the Sheriffs Dept. It's bigger than the little Sheriff's Dept, in case it was more than local.

It's okay for anyone to put me on the ignore list. ;) I don't know if this is cartel, or just really bad drug dealers, but I've given many article links to show the cartel is all over Ohio no matter who executed eight family members.

Interesting. I was thinking how involved Juan was from the get go with the Arias case.

O/T: I recently listened to a podcast interview w/ Juan where he explained how he was chosen to represent the state against Arias and found it really interesting. At that time, the DA's in the state of Arizona rotated 24-hour call shifts. When a homicide occurred, the DA "on call" was contacted to report to the crime scene with investigators. Whichever DA reported to the crime scene was typically the one assigned to that specific case. In the Jodi Arias case, Juan Martinez was contacted 30 mins after his shift was over but agreed to take the call anyway. That was the first time I'd heard of a policy like that and thought it was kinda cool that the DA arguing a case actually got to view the crime scene right after it took place.

From the first press conference, Reader originally stated the crime scenes were within 30 miles of each other. Then Dewine called his BCI investigator to come up and stated that he was the lead investigator on the case. This investigator stated the farthest crime scene was about 10 miles from the others. Reader has been there for over 20 years, he knows how far the crime scenes (that we're aware of) were from each other. We know there were 4 crime scenes with murder victims but could there be another crime scene connected, without a murder victim within 30 miles that they aren't telling us about?

[video=youtube;YPKMp_k3dfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKMp_k3dfA[/video]

From the first press conference, Reader originally stated the crime scenes were within 30 miles of each other. Then Dewine called his BCI investigator to come up and stated that he was the lead investigator on the case. This investigator stated the farthest crime scene was about 10 miles from the others. Reader has been there for over 20 years, he knows how far the crime scenes (that we're aware of) were from each other. We know there were 4 crime scenes with murder victims but could there be another crime scene connected, without a murder victim within 30 miles that they aren't telling us about?

[video=youtube;YPKMp_k3dfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKMp_k3dfA[/video]

The 5th warrant?

I don't know if it's already been shared, but I just read this tonight. It mentions why and how Dewine was brought in, but the two things that stuck out the most to me were the part he talked about overtime and how long agents had been working and then at the end when he talked about CR2. It just made me sorta refocus and think about the agents working hard and long hours away from their own families and how many here are criticizing how long the investigation has take. The other thing just made me so sad when he talked about CR2 room. I have a son who is into sports and has the typical boys sport room. There has been a lot of talk about him being terrible but then reading that hit home. He was just a kid. Here's the link.
http://recordherald.com/news/6173/dewine-worst-case-ive-ever-seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From piketon to dayton, up 23 and over 35. You can get there in 1 1/2 hours. The AG showing up so quickly makes me wonder what they already knew about the area.

The 5th warrant?

CR et al also owned 40 acres at Camp Creek and CR by himself owned another small piece there too. I'm not sure how far Camp Creek is from Union Hill but I imagine it would have to be searched too. Not sure of the addresses right now but it's on Auditor site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove