OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did they wait until after the family burials? :thinking:

Perhaps to respect the dead. They were already outed for their grow op. Perhaps it was a thought process of "let's put them to rest before we uncover anymore shadiness."
But if that's the case, gah. I can't get behind it. There is a murderer out there. To delay the investigation out of respect for the family would be irresponsible.
Perhaps there was something they heard at the funerals, or something they saw that made them take this step?

But if the operation was tight-knit why didn't someone think to tell Kenneth what happened?

Bugs me.

ETA: seems his mother, sister or surviving brothers could have thought of him. There he was shot dead in that fifth wheel where he lived like a sitting duck but was supposedly obsessed with security.

It bugs me as well. It was several hours after the original 911 call and after it was on the news that anyone thought to check on KR, and even then it was cousin Don who did so. Why didn't anyone else think to check on him? I'd think that either a family member or LE would have done a welfare check on ALL relatives in the nearby area.

And if for some odd reason LE decided he was 'too far away' that the rest of his family would have absolutely been in contact with him if for no other reason than to let him know what happened. The fact that NO ONE did until hours later does seem like a red flag.

Opinion

I don't think this removal of vehicles is related to inheritance law.

This removal is for evidence. Or evidence collection.

Maybe leads have produced something that can be proved or disproved by vehicle inspection.
Transportation of goods.
Mileage that cant be explained.
Hidden compartments.
Are any of these vehicles new enough to have all the computerized/stored trip information?

There could be many things they are looking for.
Ideas?

I would not be surprised if they evidence they are looking for is evidence of trafficking.

It's somewhat inconsistent with DeWine's past investigations, especially in Cleveland. He's always been enthusiastic about releasing lots of files about crimes there. He seems to be somewhat selective in which files he chooses to release

Attorney General DeWine Releases Reports, Investigative Documents on Cleveland Officer-Involved Shooting

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi3kMui5L7MAhXByIMKHR1EDbEQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohioattorneygeneral.gov%2Fbcishootingreport&usg=AFQjCNEJ8zQGH81fVj_zu4YLrsv9dR1g-w

DeWine defends withholding video of Walmart shooting

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/ag-defends-not-releasing-video-walmart-shooting/nhCGy/

Two OH Attorney General employees resign after sex scandal

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/31111004/...loyees-resign-after-sex-scandal#ixzz47d3vfi9V
Interesting to know how he usually handles things and it is different this time.

Me, too. I t has crossed my mind that he may have been miffed and was part of the conspiracy and after he gave details he was murdered and the other conspirators finished the job. NOTHING AS YET IS EVIDENCE of that....but I have considered it because he is the anomaly in this. JMO
Yet they thought to include him in the funeral. If he had been miffed and on the outs with family in general that might have been reflected in the funeral plans.

But if the operation was tight-knit why didn't someone think to tell Kenneth what happened?

Bugs me.

ETA: seems his mother, sister or surviving brothers could have thought of him. There he was shot dead in that fifth wheel where he lived like a sitting duck but was supposedly obsessed with security.
He worked in Columbus, it is possible they thought he was at work and normally at work he couldn't be reached by phone.

Perhaps to respect the dead. They were already outed for their grow op. Perhaps it was a thought process of "let's put them to rest before we uncover anymore shadiness."
But if that's the case, gah. I can't get behind it. There is a murderer out there. To delay the investigation out of respect for the family would be irresponsible.
Perhaps there was something they heard at the funerals, or something they saw that made them take this step?
I think they know there's no threat to the community. I think they hav a good idea of who did this and why. They're just waiting to get as much evidence as possible so there's no chance of the killer getting out of this. If the killer was also involved in growing weed they likely have enough cash to spend on a good lawyer. I believe there will be a lot more released now that the funerals are over, maybe they knew if they release some info it would cause more fights and such at the funerals...rhodens and manleys were both there so..?

Yet they thought to include him in the funeral. If he had been miffed and on the outs with family in general that might have been reflected in the funeral plans.

I don't think his mother who planned the funeral would have known anything about a dispute he may or may not have had with Chris. JMO

Unless he had to die to make this look staged as being done by people other than anyone they knew really well or were related to. This could've been staged to look like it was because of drugs.
Well I count that in as being involved as in Kenneth would know who did it. If they knew Kenneth lived there, then Kenneth knew them.

So interesting that the AG wanted everyone to know the vehicles were being removed, and the timing. Unless they were part of the investigation going to be impounded for court, why would they be removed? The kids would be owners of the property,and the county wouldn't take it over and move things off, right? Is there possibly a reason he wants someone to know they're being removed?

I don't understand why it took them this long to remove them. You'd think they'd tow their vehicles a lot earlier in the investigation.

Was it family vehicles, or racing vehicles?
Don't know, they haven't said. It could have been vehicles in the salvage yard. I guess it is possible they could have been buying stolen cars and stripping parts to sell.

I thought it was odd how focused on his son's truck Leonard was. I'm not sure how to read it, but it made me wonder what was going on. His daughter and her family were just brutally murdered, and his priority was on getting his son's truck back. Everyone processes grief differently, so I make no judgments either way. Just curious.

It also could be he felt like an unnecessary target that was being mean.

Ever heard this? You stump you toe and it hurts. Your dog dies and then you stump your toe and it is the worst pain you ever had.

It could have just made him really angry that they told him he could leave it there with no problem then they towed it.. Just brought up mistrust.

I don't think his mother who planned the funeral would have known anything about a dispute he may or may not have had with Chris. JMO
One of the first memorials I saw set up on the news only had pictures of 6 victims. Hannah g. wasn't on there and either Gary or Kenneth, I can't remember which.
Looking for the link now.

From last thread

I know a lady that happened to

She was in an accident, from that she rec'd 10,000. She gave it to her son to keep for her because of being on Medicaid. She decided she wanted to use the money to pay her funeral expense and she did.

Someone from I think SS came and did a review, during that she mentioned the paid up funeral.

Well she had to go to SS office, they told her she had cash in all the life ins policies she had and give them the money. Also they would be taking an amount from her SS check.

They never got all the money back she died a few yrs later. I was surprised they didn't suspend the Medicaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister is the director of a nursing home. She said families try to hide money all the time and it's fruitless. They almost always get caught and it's beyond stupid to try to rip off the government.

I think it's possible that someone with motive joined forces with someone else with a different motive.

ETA With the stipulation the children would be spared if they helped with the planning.

It's so not smart to trust and partner with another bad guy to murder 8 people.

I don't understand why it took them this long to remove them. You'd think they'd tow their vehicles a lot earlier in the investigation.
Depends on what they have found. They might have just recently found something that led them to look at vehicles.

I'm going to speculate that some of the analysis came back on evidence which gave them probable cause for the search warrants for the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member