OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister is the director of a nursing home. She said families try to hide money all the time and it's fruitless. The almost always get got and it's beyond stupid to try to rip off the government.

I agree I have heard of people who put their home in their children's names (early) so if they ever go to a nursing home they don't have to pay.

Sad and boy does it make my hubby mad. He says I worked hard all my life paid high taxes and they pull this crap.

Depends on what they have found. They might have just recently found something that led them to look at vehicles.

They have 8 peoples histories they have to research.....JMO

I'm going to speculate that some of the analysis came back on evidence which gave them probable cause for the search warrants for the vehicles.
That or one of the 400 something interviews gave them some info.

Depends on what they have found. They might have just recently found something that led them to look at vehicles.
They may have had to wait until last. After all evidence was collected.
Could be disruptive to move those vehicles and all else had to be finished.

It's so not smart to trust and partner with another bad guy to murder 8 people.

It's not unusual to hear or two people working together to commit a crime, and then once the goal is met (money gained, enemies dead, whatever) for one of the two to then kill the other.

How many people have they interviewed now? I can't remember how many they have said but it seems like it is a pretty big number. I'm thinking it is possible many of those might not be in Piketon.

I agree I have heard of people who put their home in their children's names (early) so if they ever go to a nursing home they don't have to pay.

Sad and boy does it make my hubby mad. He says I worked hard all my life paid high taxes and they pull this crap.

My mom DID NOT do that, and 700, 000 dollars later, from self pay for the nursing home with alzheimers, (sp) I as POA had to sell the house, to keep paying. She did pass before the $$$$ ran out, but our inheritance was sizeably smaller than she had intended for us. Her intention was to leave us the house and a bunch of $$$. UGH. JMO

It bugs me as well. It was several hours after the original 911 call and after it was on the news that anyone thought to check on KR, and even then it was cousin Don who did so. Why didn't anyone else think to check on him? I'd think that either a family member or LE would have done a welfare check on ALL relatives in the nearby area.

And if for some odd reason LE decided he was 'too far away' that the rest of his family would have absolutely been in contact with him if for no other reason than to let him know what happened. The fact that NO ONE did until hours later does seem like a red flag.

I wonder if Kenneth was somewhat estranged from a lot of the family. If he was selling drugs, paranoid, and hanging out with tweakers (just speculation) it's possible he was into selling the harder stuff, and the rest of the Rhoden's were just selling the pot. Or maybe he recently got the rest of the Rhoden victims into something more shady/dangerous, and they were in over their heads. What if some of the family didn't know about this mutual business, because it's not something you'd announce to people that wouldn't approve. This is all just speculation, but tweakers tend to be the paranoid type people that would put up cameras inside and outside of their home. And the people Kenneth seemed to keep company with seem a little shady from what we've seen.

I thought it was odd how focused on his son's truck Leonard was. I'm not sure how to read it, but it made me wonder what was going on. His daughter and her family were just brutally murdered, and his priority was on getting his son's truck back. Everyone processes grief differently, so I make no judgments either way. Just curious.

He said something, though, that may give some insight. LE told him he could leave the truck there. LE let BJM leave with her car. When his son went back to get the car, LM said that LE (and it could have been different LE by then) was extremely rude. He said that Saturday evening they had a big conflict with the deputies, that "some of them were snotty. I mean pure snots". I suspect his anger and focus were more about how rudely he felt they treated them than it was about the truck.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

Perhaps to respect the dead. They were already outed for their grow op. Perhaps it was a thought process of "let's put them to rest before we uncover anymore shadiness."
But if that's the case, gah. I can't get behind it. There is a murderer out there. To delay the investigation out of respect for the family would be irresponsible.
Perhaps there was something they heard at the funerals, or something they saw that made them take this step?

And perhaps just because it wasn't as high on the priority list compared to other evidence at the 4 scenes.

Regarding the complicated inheritance laws of Ohio.
Exact times of death of the 8 individuals may be critically important.
Wonder how they handle a multi generational time of death situation for a large family as
it relates to inheritance law purposes.
This will be one for legal text books

He said something, though, that may give some insight. LE told him he could leave the truck there. LE let BJM leave with her car. When his son went back to get the car, LM said that LE (and it could have been different LE by then) was extremely rude. He said they Saturday evening they had a big conflict with the deputies, that "some of them were snotty. I mean pure snots". I suspect his anger and focus were more about how rudely he felt they treated them than it was about the truck.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

YUP I think Leonard was just irritated about the truck agreement. I feel for Leonard, poor guy. His simple life is totally disrupted and painful. JMO

My mom DID NOT do that, and 700, 000 dollars later, from self pay for the nursing home with alzheimers, (sp) I as POA had to sell the house, to keep paying. She did pass before the $$$$ ran out, but our inheritance was sizeably smaller than she had intended for us. Her intention was to leave us the house and a bunch of $$$. UGH. JMO

My father steadfastly hid no assets ever when my mother was sick. It did not matter. Three days before she died ( and all of my sibs were in town for her death), my father was called in by the social worker of the nursing home to say that they were auditing my father's finances to see if he had hidden assets. So not only was my mother dying but my father spent hours with the social worker going over his 1040s and assets in the basement of the nursing home. When I finally complained and stated that it could be done later and my father needed to be able to be with my mother and work to let her go, the social worker (who was supposed to be compassionate) let me know she needed to get this done or the state might refuse to pay my mother's final bill-------she was lucky I did not strangle her that afternoon. I finished the paperwork with her and my mother died 24 ours later. I hated the state and the nursing home...

My father was self pay also and didn't qualify for Medicare due to his income. I was his POA when he was living and the Executrix of his Will after he died. Thankfully, I did not have to sell any of his property or other assets. His monthly retirement check covered him being in an convalescent home. He was there for 6-1/2 years with dementia but actually died from pneumonia.

I was also my mom's POA and Executrix. When diagnosed with cancer at 56 we brought her home to live with us even though she was still married to my father. I didn't trust him to take care of her properly. She lived nine months and died at the age of 57. My hubby and I both worked and still had young children at home so my dad put enough funds in her account for me to pay someone to take care of her during the day while we were working.

I have heard of parents putting their home in one or all of the children's name to protect it from being taken by Medicare or Medicaid if they had to go to a nursing home. I do know people that had to be put in a nursing home that still owned their home but I have never known of anyone who's home was taken by either Medicare or Medicaid. I have read horror stories about parents putting their home in a child's name with the child supposedly agreeing to let them live there until they die but they didn't, and kicked their elderly parent out and there was nothing the parent/s could do about it legally.

I have read that Medicare will make the patient spend all cash/savings first except enough life insurance for burial expenses and then they will pickup after then. I am just thankful that neither one of my parents had to be placed in a nursing home. Although some seem to think that more abuse and maltreatment comes from nursing home staff, when in truth, much more abuse including physical, emotional, and financial abuse is done far more often by close family members who are caregivers of their parent/s or grandparent/s. Its heartbreaking to read about how much this happens in families. In one article I read it said Prosecutors from all across the country say elder abuse by family members is an epidemic and expected to get even worse with all the baby boomers.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member