OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a gut feeling, but I think LE is looking for something very specific with the cars... I don't think it a situation where it's like, hey we ran out of other leads, let's see what we can find in the cars on the property... JMO.

It's actually a good indication, I think, that they are doing a thorough investigation into every avenue. We've had enough people speculate on here that something hinky with the cars could be part of the motive, certainly an investigator would have had the same thought.

I just found something interesting. I'm a bit behind so don't know if anyone else has found this, but, at least some of the used cars that DR has listed for sale are located on an actual car lot in Lucasville, OH. Scioto River Trading Company.

I'm a little late to this discussion regarding the cars, but to me the timing of the removal is significant, as if in some way now that the family has been buried the gloves are off, like something ugly and unexpected is tied to one of the vehicles. Or a tip that finally came in, but the timing again significant.

Also, back in earlier threads I recall someone mentioning that CRjr was recently pushing hard to sell one particular car. Maybe something ugly is tied into that specific car and someone spotted it on FB and got an answer to an unsolved crime of a loved one or associate. All JMO of course.

Moderator, please delete my comment if not ok. The person I refer to is deceased. So I just mention.
Has the name Brad Hilton come up here? I can't say I have seen it. Those who scoured Dana's F.B. Page may have seen it.

This photo is from the link below. I think this is Leonard's grandson's truck. What property is this parked in front of?

LM grandson truck.PNG

This is the truck that LM was all upset that they wouldn't let them take. I believe it was subsequently towed from the scene.

[video=youtube;c-2jSxHQMkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-2jSxHQMkQ[/video]

I just found something interesting. I'm a bit behind so don't know if anyone else has found this, but, at least some of the used cars that DR has listed for sale are located on an actual car lot in Lucasville, OH. Scioto River Trading Company.

Yes, take a close look at that and how the owner listed on the LLC is tied by marriage to another who is very close to the Rhodens.

I'd like to point out that Isaiah's story is highly suspicious and here's why. He was pulled over on Friday night and claims that two of the mothers of his three kids called the cops to say he was responsible for the murders and that their motivation was the $25k reward being offered. That Friday he was pulled over was the 22nd of April. He was interrogated through the night and released at 6am of the 23rd, Saturday morning. Here's the problem with his story. Jeff Ruby didn't tweet his announcement of a $25k reward until 9:04am on Saturday...3 hrs aftere IJ was already released and a day AFTER the two women called in to report him. So now that we know the women did not have the reward as their motivation we have to ask...why did they suspect him so strongly that they actually called the police to say he did it? Keep in mind the interview above was not printed until the 26th. Obviously by then the reward was made public. But it was not when his two 'baby mamas' called the police...

Possibly it wasn't the ex-gfs who alerted LE. Perhaps LE told him that in order to pressure for details ("we already know--so-and-so told us"). Maybe he just pieced that together out of his own mind. Maybe LE already had suspicions about the Rhoden's illegal activities and had been monitoring FB so that Isaiah popped up as a POI immediately for them.

IJS--lotta explanations that don't add up to Isaiah covering anything up.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rsd1200

Yes, take a close look at that and how the owner listed on the LLC is tied by marriage to another who is very close to the Rhodens.

Now, this is interesting. Something doesn't add up. CR1, KR, and GR do not appear to have had regular employment. Sounds like law enforcement may think something was going on with the cars or car dealership - hence, towing vehicles off the property and not allowing the family to take CR1 pickup truck. Is it possible the vehicles were being modified to conceal the transportation of drugs?

Gary had also done work with Chris at Big Bear.

We don't know how long Gary was there. We assumed for the weekend. The way his dad said it, sounded like longer.

We don't know if Gary was there for a day or for two weeks.
KKearns ~ Thanks for that info on Gary. I can't keep up with this case, but have always wondered why Gary (who is from Greenup Ky.) was even there that night.
It has been reported in various news articles that there were a total of 32 bullet wounds found altogether during the autopsy.
We know that one member of the family was shot 9 times, and two others were shot 5 times each. Gary's father said that his son was shot 3 times. That still leaves 10 more bullets left between the other four victims. :eek:

It has been stated that one victim was only shot once, although I don't know if that has actually been verified. If true, I had always thought that would have been Hannah, since she was found with her 4 day old baby. My reasoning was that more than 1 "might" have accidently hit the baby, that they obviously intentionally spared. BUT, with Donald Stones call to 911, he made it seem (to me anyway) that Kenneth was shot once?? IDK

Sorry, as I am sure this subject has been discussed at length in previous threads. But for those of us > ME :smile: that can't seem to catch up, I am still curious.

From article :Kenneth Rhoden, father of Gary
“My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs. Shot three times in the head,” Kenneth Rhoden said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156

Yes that is the company they seemed to be doing business under.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rsd1200

Now, this is interesting. Something doesn't add up. CR1, KR, and GR do not appear to have had regular employment. Sounds like law enforcement may think something was going on with the cars or car dealership - hence, towing vehicles off the property and not allowing the family to take CR1 pickup truck. Is it possible the vehicles were being modified to conceal the transportation of drugs?

Also, there is another player involved that is tied to a different junkyard ... and they are all tied to the Rhodens.

KKearns ~ Thanks for that info on Gary. I can't keep up with this case, but have always wondered why Gary (who is from Greenup Ky.) was even there that night.
It has been reported in various news articles that there were a total of 32 bullet wounds found altogether during the autopsy.
We know that one member of the family was shot 9 times, and two others were shot 5 times each. Gary's father said that his son was shot 3 times. That still leaves 10 more bullets left between the other four victims. :eek:

It has been stated that one victim was only shot once, although I don't know if that has actually been verified. If true, I had always thought that would have been Hannah, since she was found with her 4 day old baby. My reasoning was that more than 1 "might" have accidently hit the baby, that they obviously intentionally spared. BUT, with Donald Stones call to 911, he made it seem (to me anyway) that Kenneth was shot once?? IDK

Sorry, as I am sure this subject has been discussed at length in previous threads. But for those of us > ME[emoji2]that can't seem to catch up, I am still curious.

“My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs. Shot three times in the head,” Kenneth Rhoden said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156

Well even with his dad on that.. He said 3 times in the head, that still leaves room that Gary could have had some torso wounds.

No one is ever crystal clear on anything they say concerning this, family or LE.

The pole barn was not in the May 17, 2012 Google Earth aerial image of the coordinates. It was in the July 24, 2015 image. Using measuring tools available in Google Earth Pro - the pole barn has dimensions of approximately 85 feet long and 33 feet wide. Seems taller than a single story in some places.

If you look at the Pike County Auditor site, you can see the pole barn there in the 2014 photo. The interesting thing to me though is that most of the land they were living on including the pole barn, belongs to someone else. Maybe they were renting...
attachment.php

Attachments

• CR1.jpg
    CR1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 219
if only one person did the killing then they were confident in there ability to be able to access all 4 homes and to escape unseen, whoever did it I feel had to know the family and the homes pretty well, I found it difficult working out what was a home versus what was a barn/building in footage of the scenes, therefore they had to know that most of them would have guns in the homes and were well practised in the use of guns due to hunting, it would have taken only one of the victims to have woken or been awake and able to access a gun for the who killing spree to have ended,

which means for me I think more than one person was probably involved

Sorry, as I am sure this subject has been discussed at length in previous threads. But for those of us > ME :smile: that can't seem to catch up, I am still curious.

I am using memory on this, so I could be off.
I clearly remember the "count down" aspect of the shots. 5 4 3 2 1

One shot 9
two shot 5= 10
one shot 4
Two shot 3 =6
one shot 2
one shot 1

If you look at the Pike County Auditor site, you can see the pole barn there in the 2014 photo. The interesting thing to me though is that most of the land they were living on including the pole barn, belongs to someone else. Maybe they were renting...
attachment.php

I wonder how accurate the map is. A lot of the deeds related to these types of properties include things like "downed oak tree" and "tall hickory" as landmarks. Since they were laid out some time before electricity the mapping program may have a hard time with it. Or, over the years they have just crept further and further into the neighbors land.

I think I remember seeing some other pics also where some vehicles were in areas where the grass and weeds were very high.

The salvage company that is towing these, they seem to be doing an actual salvage business like I've seen here. The Rhodens not so much.. How were they getting cars there? Do they have a tow truck? A salvage businesses has to have a flatbed tow or pay for one each time. That is expensive to pay for it and not own one.

Actually running a true salvage business, even a small one? I'm thinking they weren't actually doing that.

ETA: The second picture you added shows more.

Much of those are just junk, some rusted out.

The junk cars were probably merely there for spare parts for derby cars (common practice for the area).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove