OH - Serial Killings in Stark County *ARREST in 2020*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I'm making Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon and trying to tie this creep to unsolved murders.

Is there anything we can do like write letters, call reporters? Obviously, I will not do anything unless specifically asked by MinLynn. This is far too sensitive an issue and her family's safety is of the utmost importance and priority.

I feel like maybe a PI or an Ann Rule type could help us.

Something isn't right here when a police department that is supposed to protect and serve fails to protect those who are feeding them information!!!!!

Jmo

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I'm making Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon and trying to tie this creep to unsolved murders.

Is there anything we can do like write letters, call reporters? Obviously, I will not do anything unless specifically asked by MinLynn. This is far too sensitive an issue and her family's safety is of the utmost importance and priority.

I feel like maybe a PI or an Ann Rule type could help us.

Something isn't right here when a police department that is supposed to protect and serve fails to protect those who are feeding them information!!!!!

Jmo

I want dinner at your house ! Lol. I agree something is SO wrong. I have looked all day but I am having a hard time finding articles with details on the deaths I have found. I also feel a need to do something. Surely there is something that can be done to help. Your suggestion sounds great, but like you point out safety is the main concern. I am willing to help any way I can. I don't work and am willing to contact anyone or help in any way that may be of use.

Lol I don't work right now either and dinner can be elaborate since BF and I are in our 20s and don't have kids yet haha.

I think it's wonderful we are so willing to help out and yes it has been difficult to get information from the 1980s-1990s, especially since I live in CA but I'm going to research and see if any libraries out here have old newspapers/microfilm from Ohio. Too bad we are a few years out of college because I would have had access to everything there. Maybe my alumni card would work? I will look into that since it's only 25 miles away.

You are all are welcome anytime for French or Greek cuisine lol.... When we get this man behind bars I'll throw a big dinner party!

A dinner party sounds great!! I plan to just keep digging for info until I find something. It is out there if only I can locate it. My husband says I am incredibly stubborn but IMO that isn't always a bad thing.

That's what my BF says too lol... I'm obsessed with history and can find anything online. I've been looking into the victims we are sure of to see if they have any business ties etc that we can build on.

Okay, let's focus on Stark County right now... Anything in North Canton, Canton and surrounding cities since that seems like his comfort zone.

Thank you guys! You're truly wonderful people! Today, for the first time in over 3 years, we ran into FIL. He was just as warm and welcoming as I remember him to be when I first met him! He was so excited to see us, asked how our children are doing and told us how much he misses us all and how sorry he was that we left like we did 3 years ago. We played along like nothing was amiss. It was so hard. He is getting so much older now. He's missing nearly all of his top teeth. His parents are so far gone in health that I'm surprised they're still alive. He even gave us back some of our belongings that he had held "hostage" in the warehouse when we left. He sent toys over for the kids. He begged us to come back. There are so many emotions going through mine and my husband's heads right now. We know that we need to continue to do what is right, though. We even questioned him a little on the 4 murders that we are positive on. Of course, he still claims that he had nothing to do with them and said he's been being harassed by LE a lot lately from both Stark and Summit Counties so he's retained a lawyer. He told us that LE is now looking at the neighbor as a possible suspect in Linda Smith's murder since the day after her body was found, he committed suicide. He also told us that the 2nd murder victim's name was Dottie Morris. I'm not positive on the Morris part and will double check it later, but Dottie is positive.
You can see how emotionally and even physically this is draining us and now add in the fact that his father wants to be a part of our lives again? It's a cluster-screw of just how to handle it right now.

I cannot open the article, but I did notice something today. I found two different articles that listed the number of unsolved homicides for both canton and stark county. Stark had the numbers listed for each year. The other one had the numbers for canton as of December 2012. It is probably just me, but cannot find anything about most of these. Probably wasn't looking in the right place, but it was strange. Not many on the cold case sites at all. Hope to do better tomorrow. Have the links saved somewhere if needed.

I'm so sorry MinLynn... That must be so hard for you and your husband.

You are so brave.... Anything you need, any help we can give you, we are here.

As for WHY there's all the secrecy and cover-ups.. if the FIL was involved with the mob, he might have become an informant...

I've seen this happen in another murder case I've followed - major suspect was a lifetime criminal who had definite long-term links to organised crime and made such outrageous BS statements in his interviews regarding the heinous murders I was looking at.. a child could have seen through the BS he gave the DoJ cops who were all over that murder case, and yet this man was never charged or looked at very closely. Lots of very weird stuff going on, there. The man got very little jail time for a lifetime of crime... was caught posing as a cop, ripping cops off to the tune of a hundred grand... was prosecuted for THAT under a known alias, not his real name (when they HAD to have fingerprinted him - his prints were well and truly on file!), and did only a couple years for it. That's just the tip of the iceberg, which includes a foul quad murder involving a mother and three kids. Oh, and NO records of his crimes on ANY database, verified by his own relatives..

Maybe the 'powers that be' think a few women's lives are worth less than getting info on a major crime organisation. It sure wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Do please be VERY careful, MinLynn. If it was me, I'd get as far away from this man as I possibly could and get an unlisted number..

Not yet, QM, but I've only had a little time to sleuth lately. I'm not giving up, though.

Thank you guys! You're truly wonderful people! Today, for the first time in over 3 years, we ran into FIL. He was just as warm and welcoming as I remember him to be when I first met him! He was so excited to see us, asked how our children are doing and told us how much he misses us all and how sorry he was that we left like we did 3 years ago. We played along like nothing was amiss. It was so hard. He is getting so much older now. He's missing nearly all of his top teeth. His parents are so far gone in health that I'm surprised they're still alive. He even gave us back some of our belongings that he had held "hostage" in the warehouse when we left. He sent toys over for the kids. He begged us to come back. There are so many emotions going through mine and my husband's heads right now. We know that we need to continue to do what is right, though. We even questioned him a little on the 4 murders that we are positive on. Of course, he still claims that he had nothing to do with them and said he's been being harassed by LE a lot lately from both Stark and Summit Counties so he's retained a lawyer. He told us that LE is now looking at the neighbor as a possible suspect in Linda Smith's murder since the day after her body was found, he committed suicide. He also told us that the 2nd murder victim's name was Dottie Morris. I'm not positive on the Morris part and will double check it later, but Dottie is positive.
You can see how emotionally and even physically this is draining us and now add in the fact that his father wants to be a part of our lives again? It's a cluster-screw of just how to handle it right now.
Min, I can't imagine what that conversation was like. I know some people see these things in black and white, but not me. He's a horrible monster, but yet he's still your husband's father. How does one ever reconcile the opposing emotions? My heart goes out to the two of you, truly.

How would you rate him on intelligence? Apart from the fact that he's avoided arrest, in general, would you say he's a smart individual? Another thought that occurred to me the other night. We've talked about his connections as the reason LE has left him alone. But he served time for the assault on the other man. Why do you think he wasn't protected in that crime? If you're not comfortable answering, please just ignore the question. It's not a big deal. As the others have said, above all, you have to protect yourself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back