Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If SJ was taken 100 yards from her home. this would likely indicate a stranger or slight acquaintance abduction that was unaware that her residence was nearby, imo. The info that she may have been taken across state lines into MI would indicate an experienced sexual predator likely familiar with jurisdictional linkage blindness, imo.
Imo, if the abductor was local, due to the area being rural, hunting clubs, abandon houses, cabins, or other structures would likely be safe havens preferred by the abductor. The distance of the cell phone pings from the abduction location indicate a traveler; salesperson, truck driver, etc. From my experience, sexual predators prefer rural routes while seeking victims of opportunity as opposed to heavily traveled roads for obvious reasons.. all jmo from observations...

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

Steven Egger, associate professor of criminology at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, is a nationally recognized expert in serial murder.

<snipped>

"linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder. Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped.

Praying for Sierah. I can feel the panic and sense of urgency coming right off my PC screen. Hoping for a positive outcome.

A male jogger passed her - would think she would be riding her bike faster than being passed by a jogger. I am now very suspicious of him.

We haven't heard anything about this. Being in this now...it's amazing how inaccurate the media is on some things. I'm not saying this is not true, just don't know at this point to confirm for you all

Well, at least this is something! I wonder how they know about the jogger.
Maybe her boyfriend remembered seeing the jogger before he turned around and left her. Depending on the road they passed her on, could they have double backed through the cornfield to cut her off?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Maybe her boyfriend remembered seeing the jogger before he turned around and left her. Depending on the road they passed her on, could they have double backed through the cornfield to cut her off?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Seirah traveled about 2 miles by herself. Josh was on a motorcycle so he traveled much faster in the opposite direction. I don't know at this point where the jogger information came from. I know 13 news is reporting it tho
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fulton-County-Sheriff-looking-for-missing-woman-387596201.html

Jashrema, Please know that you, your nephew, Sierah and her entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. This must be a nightmare for all of you. She looks like such a sweet girl. Please let her be okay!! :please:

Does anyone know if there are train tracks near where the bike was found? This reminds me of Chelsea Bruck, and her body was found in a remote area with no access except by train tracks. I remember several suggestions that it may have been someone who worked for the railroad who would have access to a truck with wheels on it. And being that her phone pinged near the Michigan line, it really reminds me of all of the missing girls from Michigan.

This is prime Ohio horse country. I'm sure that a decent search party could be formed in a day if needed, although it sounds like she may no longer be in the area.

I think a lot of this information about her phone pinging close to the Michigan State line is somewhat misleading. First of all, the house she was pedaling towards is located about 5/8 of a mile from the state line. I don't know where the nearest cell phone tower is, but if it is located on the Michigan side, it makes total sense that her phone would be pinging off of it even if she was sitting on her front porch. If she had been traveling south, instead of north, her phone may have still pinged off of that tower.

We're all aware that a phone ping may travel up to 10-12 miles before it finds a tower to ping off of. So even if she was abducted and driven south of her home, her phone may have continued to ping on that same tower until it moved out of range. Just a guess on my part, but I imagine her phone was disabled almost immediately after she was abducted, with the last recorded pings being bounced off a tower in Michigan. which may or may not mean something since she was literally on the State line anyway.

zoomable map here with the state line shown and the distance from where she was abducted.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tt2itlgjV4S4tEnea944w7lhW-M&usp=sharing

Steelman, that is helpful. So the phone pinging in Michigan really doesn't mean anything. I was able to zoom out of that map and follow the tracks that go right near where she was taken, and they lead right to Flat Rock, which is where Chelsea was found. Hopefully just a random coincidence, but I can't help but think that it might be the railroad tracks that were the access. It would be much harder to see a truck on the railroad tracks covered by cornfields, than it would to see a truck on an open road in the middle of the country.

Steelman - I think your right, I don't think the phone is showing she left the area. I sadly think she is close.

Does anyone know how long it should have taken her to arrive home from where her boyfriend left her?
And also how far was her bike found from where he left her? I am away back to read the thread to see if I have missed this info!

Prayers that she is found safe and prayers for her family and friends for all they are going through now

Day 2 of search for 20-year-old Sierah Joughin begins

Sheriff Miller says there are no persons of interest at this point.

If you know anything, you’re asked to call the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office at 419-335-4010 EXT 8. Tips can remain anonymous.

Sheriff Miller says they have received more than 70 tips so far, including that a jogger apparently ran past Sierah, who was biking home last night. Right now, they are looking for the jogger to confirm.

"If you're the jogger, or if you know who that jogger is, allegedly, you know, the lady on the bike had then passed, so we'd like to confirm that she was sighted at that time. So, if you know who that jogger was, it was on County Road S between 6 and 7," said Miller.

http://www.wtol.com/story/32486222/...n-riding-bike?clienttype=generic&sf31418871=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV