GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Will we be spared the mindnumbing "expert" speaking to MRI and PET Scan results :gaah:

I am not liking this defense, if I were a defendant. He sure isn't trying very hard (which is fine with me, but I want everything air-tight, sealed, and locked forever)

another thing that is bothering me is that the sister’s name has been published. If she is legitimately concerned about jeopardizing her career, maybe that wasn’t such a wise idea for reporters.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/04/03/Defense-makes-case-for-life-in-prison-for-Worley.html

[Defense] Although life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 or 30 years is officially on the table, he asked them only to consider life in prison without parole as not to “insult anyone” with more lenient sentences.

"He gets life and she doesn’t, it makes you sick, doesn’t it?” he asked jurors.

sister’s testimony: at the time of the incident when father chased mother with a knife, domestic violence was considered a personal issue at that time. She also said
her brother had difficulty in school and repeated a grade in elementary school. He had trouble paying attention, she said, and later struggled to find stable work as an adult. She never knew him to be violent toward women;he did have fights with men (one was a man who had attacked her)
When she was called about the missing Sierah:
“I’ve never felt shock like that in my life,” she said.

Those action movies are called *advertiser censored*! And yes, many adult men watch *advertiser censored*. But his type of *advertiser censored* was a little bit more over-the-top, if you want to call it that.

I love action movies. He has so many people in his life either fooled or scared.

Yeah well we all know folks we deem weird/odd that have not become monsters. Vague wording. Lordy!!!!

I literally burst out with a loud :silly: .... it was almost the dumbest thing I have heard from a lawyer. Weird is putting it very mildly. How about perverted? And more than a little.

Brian Koeller@nwseditor ·2m
Clinical and neuropsychologist now taking the stand. First 3 witnesses after lunch were colleagues of Worley’s. One said he was not surprised Worley was part of investigation. Told FBI he felt it was just a matter if time.

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel ·8m
Court back in session.Two friends of Worley read their original statements to law enforcement: “he had his own opinion, peculiar in some instances""Worley had a crazy side when they hung out back in the day”

The Blade@toledonews 1h
An attorney for James D. Worley asked a jury to consider sending the man convicted of killing Sierah Joughin to prison for the rest of his life rather than sentence him to death.

WTOL update:

http://www.wtol.com/story/37869535/...ead-of-sentencing-decision?clienttype=generic
[FONT=&amp]Worley's attorney Mark Berling says given Worley's age, there's no sense in sentencing him to the death penalty.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Mercy, I believe, is what we're asking. He's 59 years old. There would be no point really in issuing the death penalty based on the life of appeals these days. I don't think he would ever live to see the death penalty imposed. That being said, I would ask for life imprisonment without the possibility of parole and allow him to die in prison," Berling said.[/FONT]

How is any of this helpful? Just wasting time, or making an “honest effort” with what little they have?

Brian Koeller
@nwseditor·7m

First witness said he felt defendant “went off deep end” a few years ago, but could not clarify exactly why he felt that way. Another said defendant was “crazy” in high school, but more like wild and young.

Brian Koeller@nwseditor ·2m
Clinical and neuropsychologist now taking the stand. First 3 witnesses after lunch were colleagues of Worley’s. One said he was not surprised Worley was part of investigation. Told FBI he felt it was just a matter if time.

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel ·8m
Court back in session.Two friends of Worley read their original statements to law enforcement: “he had his own opinion, peculiar in some instances""Worley had a crazy side when they hung out back in the day”

The Blade@toledonews 1h
An attorney for James D. Worley asked a jury to consider sending the man convicted of killing Sierah Joughin to prison for the rest of his life rather than sentence him to death.

WTOL update:

http://www.wtol.com/story/37869535/...ead-of-sentencing-decision?clienttype=generic
[FONT=&amp]Worley's attorney Mark Berling says given Worley's age, there's no sense in sentencing him to the death penalty.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Mercy, I believe, is what we're asking. He's 59 years old. There would be no point really in issuing the death penalty based on the life of appeals these days. I don't think he would ever live to see the death penalty imposed. That being said, I would ask for life imprisonment without the possibility of parole and allow him to die in prison," Berling said.[/FONT]
I don't know why they would try to throw in his age. He took no consideration of SJ let alone her being another person but her young age and everything he took from her family.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I don't know why they would try to throw in his age. He took no consideration of SJ let alone her being another person but her young age and everything he took from her family.

They seem to be grasping at broken straws because they have nothing else. JMO

JMO
I cannot believe juror's names are not protected. Its one reason why some people dont want to be part of juries.

I wish they would create a new law to protect the identity of jury members.

My understanding is the defense gets access to the jury member names and I have never understood why that is allowed. There has been many cases where a criminal or family member tried to threaten or hurt a jury member either before or after a trial.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ror-slapped-son-life-prison-article-1.2473322

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_man_faces_20_years_1.html

http://www.newsweek.com/el-chapo-pr...ors-upcoming-federal-trial-lawyer-says-791716

https://www.thedailybeast.com/casey-anthony-jurors-fear-threats-after-identities-revealed-oct-25

In checking I found this interesting article about the health affects on jurors.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e4e5/c5bac614eb69bd73e9c460f8bd721ff090b2.pdf

Not that I have looked bc I believe in a person’s privacy, but where were the names released and how? If the names are not in the public court records, does that mean someone researched and released the names illegally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I have looked bc I believe in a person’s privacy, but where were the names released and how? If the names are not in the public court records, does that mean someone researched and released the names illegally?

Each count the jurors had to sign and print their names on papers. Once the verdict is in anyone can see these papers publicly. I'm surprised the media just didn't show them. I found them that day but out of respect didn't post for their privacy.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel ·1m

Dr. John Fabian Forensic psychologist describes #jamesworley as detached and said he was once diagnosed with a personality disorder w/ narcissistic features.“Being with a prostitute would be easier than being with someone in a meaningful relationship”

Each count the jurors had to sign and print their names on papers. Once the verdict is in anyone can see these papers publicly. I'm surprised the media just didn't show them. I found them that day but out of respect didn't post for their privacy.

that was very kind of you. If I ever need an employee, you’d be hired.

:waiting: This is getting so boring ... but I can’t tear myself away.

Bravo, you are one of the nicest people. You thank every post. :loveyou: It’s a nice gesture.

:waiting: This is getting so boring ... but I can’t tear myself away.

Bravo, you are one of the nicest people. You thank every post. :loveyou: It’s s nice gesture.

Awww thanks so much Spellz. You are a sweetheart yourself ma dear. For those who don't know Spellz and I have had coffee together. So I really know!!!! (lol)
ETA- Spellz puts a lot of heart and soul in these cases

Awww thanks so much Spellz. You are a sweetheart yourself ma dear. For those who don't know Spellz and I have had coffee together. So I really know!!!! (lol)

I have a great local Chinese place when you get back this way... if you like Chinese, that is.

you’re all welcome to come along.

I have a great local Chinese place when you get back this way... if you like Chinese, that is.

Love it and will be your way over spring/summer

I love Chinese and I suspect we’re all fairly close to each other!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back