GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brian Koeller@nwseditor ·2m
Clinical and neuropsychologist now taking the stand. First 3 witnesses after lunch were colleagues of Worley’s. One said he was not surprised Worley was part of investigation. Told FBI he felt it was just a matter if time.

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel ·8m
Court back in session.Two friends of Worley read their original statements to law enforcement: “he had his own opinion, peculiar in some instances""Worley had a crazy side when they hung out back in the day”

The Blade@toledonews 1h
An attorney for James D. Worley asked a jury to consider sending the man convicted of killing Sierah Joughin to prison for the rest of his life rather than sentence him to death.

WTOL update:

http://www.wtol.com/story/37869535/...ead-of-sentencing-decision?clienttype=generic
[FONT=&amp]Worley's attorney Mark Berling says given Worley's age, there's no sense in sentencing him to the death penalty.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"Mercy, I believe, is what we're asking. He's 59 years old. There would be no point really in issuing the death penalty based on the life of appeals these days. I don't think he would ever live to see the death penalty imposed. That being said, I would ask for life imprisonment without the possibility of parole and allow him to die in prison," Berling said.[/FONT]

I have followed many trials and once the family understands what life without parole is versus the death penalty, many family members want life without parole so they don't have to go through all the appeal processes.

Is this a deposition before the sister new all the things we know now that is come out? Sometimes they want to do depositions perhaps because it is before the family or his sister knew everything that is out in the public Arena now.

I don’t know how much contact she had with family, but it appears she was interviewed by defense sometime in December. Plenty of time to learn a lot if she was interested. Just a guess, but that was one reason for postponing the trial, so her info could be studied for use in the trial.

I based my assumptioj from this article: http://www.archboldbuckeye.com/news/2017-12-27/Public_Record/Worley_Trial_Delayed_Until_March_5.html

With many thanks to our star reporter Spellbound :yourock:

With many thanks to our star reporter Spellbound :yourock:

Aww shucks ... I’d be here anyway, might as well be doing something, thank you, foxbluff :loveyou:

my old eyes are bleary and blurry now..... I hope we are getting close to the end .

13abc put a vague post up.
Paraphrase..... Has convicted killer James Worry killed in the past? What can out in testimony today about a possible previous instance.

http://www.13abc.com/livestream

Link is just there live feed for the 5:00p news

I wonder what they will try to put out there what we haven't heard or caught from tweets posts from today.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Is Court wrapped for the day?

Anyone else think that there is a lot of information that is not being given truthfully. I think the sister tiptoed around everything amended not say everything. JW of coarse would not open up and presented his life as all good.

In the tape when his sister was asked if she was raped by the step dad I thought she responded no. Later the psychologist said that she was raped by the stepfather and JW walked in.

Some inconsistencies.

Also my personal opinion is that this was not his first kill. Reporter asked his sister about his girlfriend from the 70s that was murdered. He claimed she was the love of his life. Anyone know the name of this woman?

Strange story about 2 weeks prior to Sierahs murder JW went to Sierahs uncle's house and was in the driveway trying to start a conversation with him. Sierahs uncle was trying to leave to go somewhere. Then JW started saying "you know my girlfriend was murdered, they think I did it." at which point Sierahs uncle told him he needed to leave. Then 2 weeks later this. I do not believe he knew C was related to him. I think it was just a coincidence but strange indeed.

There was mention of a prostitute multiple times. A dead prostitute was found out in the corn field years ago. Few investigations were done sadly since she was a prostitute.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

July of 2016 my veterinarian daughter moved from Ohio back to Michigan. She rode bike about 19 miles from JW's home address when she lived in Ohio. I discovered websleuths when I read with shock about Sierah's disappearance from her bike. I am so impressed by Sierah's mother. She is such a class act. I cannot wrap my brain around being in her shoes. I appreciate and respect all contributors to WS. I know in my heart Sierah is an angel looking after her family and friends. MOO. PEACE.

From the 5pm news WTOL TV:

Suspected, but not charged, with killing of a a prostitute in 2000. Investigator and the sister on a recorded conversation: The investigator mentioned the incident of possible killing/never charged; most of her contacts with the family was by phone once a week or every couple weeks and he had mentioned the prostitute’s name—- she knew who investigator was talking sbout. It was thought she might be buried on the farm; it was searched but found nothing. At 6 pm we will hear more from the psychologist and what he found during his work.

I also don't see these mitigating circumstances outweighing the aggravating factors involved in Sierah's murder by any stretch of the imagination. I have known people with much more horrific childhoods who did not become murderers with creepy torture rooms in their barns and handcuffs in their vehicles. Narcissists and sociopaths can still conform their behavior to the laws of their state and country. As for his age, older people have been sentenced to death for their crimes -- recently DS at age 62 for the murder of Cherish Perrywinkle. JW is healthy and may will live past the age of 75. I do believe the constant threat of execution dogging him will be more frightening to Worley than life without parole as he cares about himself, his own life, more than anything in the world.

In terms of the defense asking for 'Mercy' does anyone actually know if a jury is allowed to consider that?

Yes, it is called jury nullification. I haven't seen one in the last 10 years.

For those in the know, when was the last time you saw a jury nullification?

Glad you found your way here, Brubon.

Thanks for the info re end of day, lcat! That is quite a creepy story you shared. Why would he be blabbing about a dead girlfriend ... and then this. Makes me think he was already planning to get someone, probably anyone who looked like an easy target.

Article has been updated:

http://www.wtol.com/story/37869535/jurors-learn-more-about-james-worley-ahead-of-sentencing-decision
[FONT=&amp]The defense then called a criminal psychologist, Dr. John Fabian, to the stand who began his nearly three-hour testimony with how he views the case.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"I do look at this as a sexually motivated offense and I do look at this as a murder," he told the courtroom.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr. Fabian then explained Worley's childhood and how his life-long isolation, both emotional and physical, possibly influenced Worley's actions.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Court will continue Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. The judge said the case is expected to be in the jury's hands by noon.[/FONT]

Glad you found your way yere, Brubon.

Thanks for the info re end of day, lcat! That is quite a creepy story you shared. Why would he be blabbing about a dead girlfriend ... and then this. Makes me think he was already planning to get someone, probably anyone who looked like an easy target.
I think it was his way of gossiping and trying to make a friend. JW seems to think if he acts like the victim in all of his criminal situations he will be seen as the victim and get away with his crime. That's what he has done over and over act like the victim. Even though he is the one destroying his own life.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

He’s pretty easy to read, isn’t he lcat? Lots of whining and “poor me”. I wonder what he was like as a youngster and into his teens. I’m surprised we haven't heard about killing cats or such.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back