GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also don't see these mitigating circumstances outweighing the aggravating factors involved in Sierah's murder by any stretch of the imagination. I have known people with much more horrific childhoods who did not become murderers with creepy torture rooms in their barns and handcuffs in their vehicles. Narcissists and sociopaths can still conform their behavior to the laws of their state and country. As for his age, older people have been sentenced to death for their crimes -- recently DS at age 62 for the murder of Cherish Perrywinkle. JW is healthy and may will live past the age of 75. I do believe the constant threat of execution dogging him will be more frightening to Worley than life without parole as he cares about himself, his own life, more than anything in the world.

In terms of the defense asking for 'Mercy' does anyone actually know if a jury is allowed to consider that?

I have Family in Michigan so there a fair bit. We will have to make a plan when weather gets warmer. More the merrier!

I love Chinese and I suspect we’re all fairly close to each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably enough of us to make a nice party! Anytime.

I also don't see these mitigating circumstances outweighing the aggravating factors involved in Sierah's murder by any stretch of the imagination. I have known people with much more horrific childhoods who did not become murderers with creepy torture rooms in their barns and handcuffs in their vehicles. Narcissists and sociopaths can still conform their behavior to the laws of their state and country. As for his age, older people have been sentenced to death for their crimes -- recently DS at age 62 for the murder of Cherish Perrywinkle. JW is healthy and may will live past the age of 75. I do believe the constant threat of execution dogging him will be more frightening to Worley than life without parole as he cares about himself, his own life, more than anything in the world.

In terms of the defense asking for 'Mercy' does anyone actually know if a jury is allowed to consider that?

You raise a good point, loreet. If the weight of having a death sentence will weigh him down, then I would be first in line to vote yes. He does seem to want to stay alive.

I don’t see how they could even consider such a thing as ’mercy” if aggravators outweigh mitigators. It isn’t one if the charges they get, so I would say no. JMO

No consideration. They will go thru the form and apply the evidence presented. Facts only. No emotion.

Brian Koeller@nwseditor·20m
Court taking a break while some diagnosis documents are copied. So far psychologist has said Worley has average IQ, possible ADHD, low self esteem and trouble with personal connections. Also says Worley seems to believe people have malevolent intent in general #worleytrial

Brian Koeller
@nwseditor·19m
Psychologist also says Worley has a lack of self awareness, or understanding why he does things he does.#worleytrial

Brian Koeller@nwseditor·18m
Worley presents as irritable, guarded and somewhat paranoid, according to psychologist #worleytrial

IMO he understands why he does what he does. He just doesn't care as to the why of it.

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel·4m

#JamesWorley diagnoses, Disorders including: Sexual sadism, fetishistic, w/ paranoid antisocial narcissistic and OCD traits. Also had mild depression & a Cannabis use disorder w/ possible form of ADHD. Possible 3 or 4 personality disorders and impulse control issues

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel·4m

#JamesWorley diagnoses, Disorders including: Sexual sadism, fetishistic, w/ paranoid antisocial narcissistic and OCD traits. Also had mild depression & a Cannabis use disorder w/ possible form of ADHD. Possible 3 or 4 personality disorders and impulse control issues

If he had these traits and disorders I guarantee even more than before there will be more victims listed. He doesn't just do this twice in 20 years.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Cannabis use disorder?
Is that thing?

Cannabis use disorder?
Is that thing?

Pfft! Apparently it is:
Cannabis use disorder (CUD) (Also known as cannabis or marijuana addiction) is defined in the fifth revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) and ICD-10 published by World Health Organization as the continued use of cannabis despite clinically significant impairment, ranging from mild to severe.[SUP][1]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_use_disorder

[/SUP]

If he had these traits and disorders I guarantee even more than before there will be more victims listed. He doesn't just do this twice in 20 years.

This! I would willingly bet that he has made many more attempts that went unreported or unsolved. It might br possible this is the first death involved, though. I sort of don’t think he counted on that, and that is how he got caught.

This! I would willingly bet that he has made many more attempts that went unreported or unsolved. It might br possible this is the first death involved, though. I sort of don’t think he counted on that, and that is how he got caught.
If we had to say he has only committed 2 crimes In 20 years the first option is no parole because he will do it again and the death penalty is highly recommended because he cannot do this to someone else.

Whatever crimes he has already committed that we don’t yet know about, I’m sure he has escalated beyond any savable factors. They don’t get better, they get worse.

Jmo

Let me know when and where you guys are meeting up. Most of you are experts at doing this. Thanks for your expertise. I think an eye for an eye. SJ is gone her time on Earth was shorten and she was not able to experience life. He is guilty and having him know each day the possibility of the death penalty should be his punishment.

For sure Bellecent
ETA Thank You for all your input

Has anyone paid attention to how late they usually go? They had a lot of early days, so it hasn’t seemed to be a regular schedule, has it?

I am not liking this defense, if I were a defendant. He sure isn't trying very hard (which is fine with me, but I want everything air-tight, sealed, and locked forever)

another thing that is bothering me is that the sister’s name has been published. If she is legitimately concerned about jeopardizing her career, maybe that wasn’t such a wise idea for reporters.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/04/03/Defense-makes-case-for-life-in-prison-for-Worley.html

[Defense] Although life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 or 30 years is officially on the table, he asked them only to consider life in prison without parole as not to “insult anyone” with more lenient sentences.

"He gets life and she doesn’t, it makes you sick, doesn’t it?” he asked jurors.

sister’s testimony: at the time of the incident when father chased mother with a knife, domestic violence was considered a personal issue at that time. She also said
her brother had difficulty in school and repeated a grade in elementary school. He had trouble paying attention, she said, and later struggled to find stable work as an adult. She never knew him to be violent toward women;he did have fights with men (one was a man who had attacked her)
When she was called about the missing Sierah:
“I’ve never felt shock like that in my life,” she said.

Is this a deposition before the sister new all the things we know now that is come out? Sometimes they want to do depositions perhaps because it is before the family or his sister knew everything that is out in the public Arena now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjd777
Back