GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why hasn’t more media picked up on this trial? I would have thought Nancy grace would be all over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why hasn’t more media picked up on this trial? I would have thought Nancy grace would be all over this.

Probably because it’s not televised (live-streamed) so little they can use on a show? Does Nancy have a paid subscription for her website? Or is she only at LawNewz now?

keep losing my internet. Likely the crazy winds!!!! Grrrrr......

Super winds here, too, Bravo! So far, internet is OK.

I’m :waiting: let’s get this going, courtroom!

An hour from Toledo here in my MI neck of the woods (Hudson).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well, that was fast! Down to closing arguments alread.

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel·11m
Prosecutor Scott A. Haselman on #jamesWorley “The Defendant's younger brother &older sister lived in the same house & they are not sitting in that chair.” He told the jury despite Worley's personality disorders & background he still had the ability to make choices @NBC24WNWO

Toi Creel@ToiCreel·25m
Week 5 of the #jamesworley murder trial. The Defense has rested it's case. Worley will not testify. We'll hear closing arguments & jury instructions. The case will then be given to the jury to deliberate

Getting ready for work and just watched the case overview on Court on Camera’s YouTube. Bawled my eyes out at the end. I don’t even have a point to this post. Just know people here would understand because my coworkers will not get why my eyes are bloodshot.

[emoji171]

I just lost internet for a few minutes (winds are very strong). if I disappear for more than 20 minutes, can someone try to take over?

Toi Creel
@ToiCreel·3m

Defense Mark Berling closing arguments says the combination of #JamesWorley disorders altered his judgement & personality. “He’s been conditioned by his family to go off into a fantasy world, a fantasy world that continued up until the day of the crime

Getting ready for work and just watched the case overview on Court on Camera’s YouTube. Bawled my eyes out at the end. I don’t even have a point to this post. Just know people here would understand because my coworkers will not get why my eyes are bloodshot.

[emoji171]

:therethere: we sure do get it. You have a careful and safe drive. Catch you here for a final sentence.

We "could" have a verdict by end of day

So JW didn’t take the stand yet cries to the media to be allowed to talk? I’m sorry, but that just boils my blood. If he needed to Express something important and plead for his life, don’t you think TODAY would have been the time to do so?

Also-in no way am I a psychologist by any means, but I do have training due to having my Bachelors degree in Psychology (well in 1 month!). With that being said, narcissism is in no way an excuse for murder. Using marijuana also does not affect the mental function of individuals to the point of murder. Nothing against the Psychiatrist at all, they are doing their job with assessing the individual at hand. However, the defense trying to use those “diagnoses” as a reason to have “mercy” on poor JW is disrespectful to SJ’s family as well as those suffering legitimate mental illnesses.

Thank you all for posting. Being in college and working leaves me little time to explore every aspect of this case on my own. You all do an EXCEPTIONAL job at keeping us all updated.

Congrats kaw0123 on your upcoming degree.

Recap from https://www.crescent-news.com/news/...cle_88f9a4f3-066d-5ac3-abcb-90e4638fec51.html (paid subscription needed)
Not much is new.

— [FONT=&amp]James Worley has “a number of mental health issues,” Dr. John Fabian testified Tuesday at the Fulton County Courthouse, but he is not insane.

— [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Berling (defense attorney) tore a sheet of paper listing Worley’s four sentencing options — life in prison without parole, life in prison with parole eligibility after 25 years, 30 years or death — in half, leaving just two options remaining: life without parole and death.

— [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fabian said he found Worley to lack introspection, and have low self-esteem and a profound sense of inadequacy, but added he “presents as someone who is very ego-centric,” generally presents himself in a positive manner, and is prone to exaggerating his abilities.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“He believes he’s trying to do his best, but underneath that veneer, there’s a dark side,” Fabian said, adding he believes Worley experienced “an emotional loneliness” that led him into a sexual fantasy life.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“It’s difficult for me to answer ... what degree of control he had over this,” Fabian said of the sex-related disorders among Worley’s diagnoses.
[/FONT]

— his parents divorced due to “extreme cruelty.” neither parent had diagnosed mental health problems. Later in life, mother had alzheimer’s related dementia ; brother schizophrenic.

—
[FONT=&amp]“As a psychologist, I’m more concerned with repetitive domestic violence, and I’m not sure how much he was exposed to,” Fabian said, adding later that “with an offense like this, I would expect to hear more childhood trauma.”

—[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fabian also told jurors that in his opinion, something “doesn’t sound right” about Worley’s relationship with his mother, Florence Shepard, who died last year.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Something was missing, or something was awkward, about their relationship,” Fabian said.

— Under cross examination by Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman, Fabian said Worley does know right from wrong.

Fabian also said that in the past, Worley has not been amenable to mental health treatment.

— from sister: “He was a very social individual,” Barlow said. “He liked to talk and move around; he liked to play little tricks on people — harmless pranks.”
Also said, 1970s, a woman Worley had described as “the love of his life” was killed.
“I don’t think (James and Mark) got very much as far as guidance ... toward employment,” Barlow said. “Had he been able to be a farmer, or work for a farmer like that, I think he would have been squared away.”

— Swanton resident William Gombash, who said he knew Worley but was not a friend, told jurors he believed “it was just a matter of time before (Worley) snapped.”

[/FONT]

Brian Koeller@nwseditor·20s
Defense also floated possibility of an accomplice, saying Worley couldn’t dig the burial hole by himself & there was unidentified DNA found under Joughin’s fingernails. #WorleyTrial

Brian Koeller
@nwseditor·1m
Defense says Worley’s home life & personality disorders conditioned him to live in fantasy world that continued to the day he kidnapped & killed Sierah Joughin. #WorleyTrial

Brian Koeller @nwseditor
Closing arguments in #WorleyTrial this morning. Prosecutor says Worley knew what he was doing & that he knew it was wrong. Says Worley chose to kill Sierah Joughin to cover up her kidnapping. Says that outweighs any mitigating factors provided from defense

ETA: 3rd tweet

Toi Creel@ToiCreel·6m
In Haselman's final words to jurors reminding them of their duty..“He made the conscious choice to kill #SierahJoughin so that he could escape detection…”Both cases are rested. The jury will receive instructions & then deliberations will begin.

Brian Koeller
@nwseditor·33s
They should be getting them after this recess [referring to jury instructiins]

Brian Koeller
@nwseditor·4m
Prosecution countered accomplice claim by saying Worley is a large man and was motivated to cover up his crime

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios
Back