Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found any information as to what kind of profession he's had all these years? Someone mentioned a truck driver.

Also, with the last two crimes we know he committed there has seemed to be a focus with bikes and cornfields. I think if he has committed other crimes which more and likely he has, and with all the information about the barn, it will be interesting to find out his other methods of abductions.

I posted less than an hour ago that one of the links keeps changing...it's changed again since last post ......

By Lauren Lindstrom | BLADE STAFF WRITER
Published on July 28, 2016 | Updated 10:39 p. m.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/28/Investigators-find-hidden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

A couple of additions/changes, there may be more for those that are cutting/pasting can add to this to see changes...

"Local, state, and federal officials searched Worley’s property on County Road 6 for days after his arrest July 22...

According to the warrants, cell phone location information showed he was at the scene of the abduction for nearly two hours during the time she was missing. (Not new info, yet a question... that is not stated in warrants we have seen? We have only seen her phone was at scene for first night into the day with pinging, is that correct?)

Cheek and hand swabs were taken from Worley.

Delta attorney Amber VanGunten said the inventory of evidence collected at Worley’s property makes her even more suspicious about a possible connection between Worley and the unsolved murder of Lori Ann Hill of Swanton.

The 14-year-old disappeared the night of Oct. 25, 1985 after leaving a Halloween party in Swanton. She was last seen walking along South Berkey-Southern Road toward home, but never arrived. Her naked body was found four days later in a wooded area north of Wauseon.

Ms. VanGunten, who represented a man indicted for, but not convicted of, Miss Hill’s murder, has asked Mr. Haselman to have DNA collected from Miss Hill compared to Worley’s. She said that because Worley was last in prison from 2000 to 2002 on drug and weapon charges, his DNA profile likely was not on file until now.

In 2005, Ohio began requiring that all residents convicted of felonies and some serious misdemeanors submit a DNA sample. In 2011, a more stringent law went into effect requiring that all adults arrested on felony charges submit a DNA sample upon their arrest."

So he has a barn/house/ property of horror, yet he's running a small engine repair business from the same property? What a risk! Brazen!
I read the business was in a shop not the barn, but still....

It seems to me that he got sloppy and did this close too home. Maybe he was use to having more time to do what he needed to do .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the earlier comments, "sloppy," "idiot," "lucky". Observing JDW on the news, he "just doesn't seem right." Maybe "learning disablitilies?" IMO (which doesn't imply stupid) He's kind of "pathetic" looking; Maybe that's what the jury saw from the 1990 abduction, aggravated assault case? Maybe they thought JDW looked like he was not capable of such crimes? Clearly JDW is as Foxfire reported, "sadistic psychopathic and a sexual predator" but I don't think he's the high IQ type; he has made so so many mistakes. This story is so incredibly tragic. I am grateful that Sierah's body was found quickly so the family can have closure. I'm relieved that JDW will never again be released to harm another soul. IMO

As a longtime member of the media and a high school journalism teacher, I want to apologize to Sierah's family and friends for what they've had to endure today. I'm not sure how things played out. But here are my concerns. First, the family should have been notified by police about details contained in the documents before the documents were released to the newspaper. But it appears that did not happen. I can only speculate as to why: perhaps it was bad timing. If the judge ordered the documents to be unsealed, there wouldn't have been anything the police could have done to delay their release. With the family attending the service, it was up to the media to make its choice.

And that's where the media dropped the ball. The media SHOULD NOT HAVE RELEASED THE DETAILS OF THE REPORTS until AFTER the family had completed its attendance of Sierah's services. Now, the Blade is going to take the fall since it was the first one to publish the details. But the truth is that one of the news outlets would have published it even if the Blade hadn't. So the Blade was faced with a dilemma. It could be the bad guy by releasing the info first or be the publication that didn't have the scoop. Too often, news editors and publishers make the wrong choice. The paper should have held the story. Professional ethics were not observed. And sometimes doing things for humanity and reasons of compassion and love are more important than business and scooping the other guys. This is not a typical situation and warranted more care and more consideration. Print newspapers are supposed to hold themselves to a high standard. The Toledo Blade newspaper failed and will lose respect and trust. They ought to remember that trust isn't just about whether the public believes a story is true; it's also about whether the public believes in the newspaper's mission. In this case, nobody will defend what they did. They owe the family an apology. And I'm afraid that will be of little use at this point.

So well said! Thank you

Oh my gosh. This is more horrible by the second. First, I need to say that all of my thoughts and most positive feelings are with Ce's family and friends. I said it before, but the juxtaposition between her beauty and his ugliness is overwhelming.

As for the counselor, I have a Master's Degree in counseling, so I can tell you what I am guessing, but it doesn't mean it is true. Each counselor has their own Confidentiality Agreement. There are things required by law, and then counselors are encouraged to make their own additions, that agree with them personally. In mine, it stated that if you tell me of any criminal activity you have been involved with, are involved with or plan to be involved with, I might report that to the police. I never wanted to be in a situation where someone told me a crime and I could not disclose the information. That being said, when you work with the court system, they generally require some degree of disclosure to them. That counselor likely reported the findings, as that was the purpose of the counseling. When I worked with the courts (juvenile first time offenders), it was clear that not much was confidential. I was there to learn about the person and decide if I thought they would re-offend or be able to do a diversion program. I will be VERY surprised if this counselor didn't report.

Ok, so lets assume this was reported for a second, since they have the information. My bigger issue is that he said his previous abductionSSSSSS. Not one. More than one. Why wasn't this guy run through the ringer over who else he abducted and what was the outcome? I am much more disturbed by that "s" than anything the counselor did. I am concerned why the court system didn't fully understand how dangerous this guy was, even without the counselor's statement. Why do these violent offenders continue to walk next to our beautiful souls?

As for the freezer, I was thinking it was kept blood. And maybe the carpet was so the glass vials or whatever didn't break. Are y'all thinking it means like blood on the sides? That probably makes more sense. Really bad, either way. The only one small, little tiny, itty bitty bit of thankfulness that he was such a creature is that he kept items that will have DNA. I hope many families find answers that they have likely been looking for for a long time.

I agree Knox. Although most well trained Law Enforcement officers have the ability to compartmentalize tragedies. But the darkness that they have encountered over the past nine days would be beyond my comprehension.

Roger L. Depue, Ph.D. Pioneer of the FBI BSU can explain it much better than I ever could...

Founder of The Academy Group, Inc. Retired FBI (21 years). Former Chief of the FBI Behavioral Sciences Unit. Became the first administrator of the FBI's National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime.

'When I was a young man, a friend taught me the ancient art of dowsing, and after a time, I became something of a practitioner myself, finding water underground as a kind of parlor trick for friends. It might seem odd that a man so rooted in grim reality would take an interest in something so ethereal. In fact, I’m fascinated by the unseen forces at play in the lives of human beings.

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.
Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy'...

http://www.academy-group.com/depue.html

This breaks my heart. Those poor men and women. I admit that I have neglected them in my prayers which I will rectify right now! Thanks Fox for reminding us

I wonder why he was never considered suspect/looked at in other missing and/or murdered women cases.
Clearly, his therapist and LE were aware that he had "tendencies".
Had they checked into him years ago...other tragedies (and this one) may have been prevented.

Oh my gosh. This is more horrible by the second. First, I need to say that all of my thoughts and most positive feelings are with Ce's family and friends. I said it before, but the juxtaposition between her beauty and his ugliness is overwhelming.

As for the counselor, I have a Master's Degree in counseling, so I can tell you what I am guessing, but it doesn't mean it is true. Each counselor has their own Confidentiality Agreement. There are things required by law, and then counselors are encouraged to make their own additions, that agree with them personally. In mine, it stated that if you tell me of any criminal activity you have been involved with, are involved with or plan to be involved with, I might report that to the police. I never wanted to be in a situation where someone told me a crime and I could not disclose the information. That being said, when you work with the court system, they generally require some degree of disclosure to them. That counselor likely reported the findings, as that was the purpose of the counseling. When I worked with the courts (juvenile first time offenders), it was clear that not much was confidential. I was there to learn about the person and decide if I thought they would re-offend or be able to do a diversion program. I will be VERY surprised if this counselor didn't report.

Ok, so lets assume this was reported for a second, since they have the information. My bigger issue is that he said his previous abductionSSSSSS. Not one. More than one. Why wasn't this guy run through the ringer over who else he abducted and what was the outcome? I am much more disturbed by that "s" than anything the counselor did. I am concerned why the court system didn't fully understand how dangerous this guy was, even without the counselor's statement. Why do these violent offenders continue to walk next to our beautiful souls?

As for the freezer, I was thinking it was kept blood. And maybe the carpet was so the glass vials or whatever didn't break. Are y'all thinking it means like blood on the sides? That probably makes more sense. Really bad, either way. The only one small, little tiny, itty bitty bit of thankfulness that he was such a creature is that he kept items that will have DNA. I hope many families find answers that they have likely been looking for for a long time.

I understood that the restraints were inside the freezer. So I am of the mind that this was for confinement and not for freezing per se.

JMO

I understood that the restraints were inside the freezer. So I am of the mind that this was for confinement and not for freezing per se.

JMO

Having been an English teacher, I was bothered by how the reporting on the freezer locks, ratchet, etc was done. Each article reported it differently based on their dangling modifiers. It is hard to say whether the restraints were in the freezer or in the secret room. Poor writing.

I am here. I have not read or caught up on all the threads since I left this afternoon. I have this to say about the Toledo Blade...

THEY DID NOT NOTIFY THE FAMILIES THAT THIS WAS COMING OUT.

They decided to release this at the time her funeral started? I have no words for that. Completely irresponsible and morally, it was just wrong. NOBODY knew and yet there are 1000 people in line who DID know. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine how they found out? There was no other reason besides "getting the scoop" that that couldn't have waited till at least after today. Tomorrow morning is her service and can you imagine being there now?? The Toledo Blade could have waited OR AT LEAST NOTIFIED the family that this was coming out. I am disgusted by them. When I was leaving the funeral home a freaking shiny new COACH BUS pulled up and into the parking lot and all these people got out. WTH is that??
Everyone knew that stood in line to pass by her closed casket with my nephew standing at the head of the casket. Not moving. He didn't leave her. He was protecting her. Everyone knew EXCEPT THEM. Inexcusable.

Shameful! I just couldn't imagine that the family hadn't been informed! It's beyond my understanding!! What kind of human beings do this? It's victimizing Sierah and the ENTIRE FAMILY all over again!!!

One other thing that is difficult for me to say--- the first thing I noticed from that barn video was that Jeffrey Dahmer type barrel. Please, only be a barrel.

Having been an English teacher, I was bothered by how the reporting on the freezer locks, ratchet, etc was done. Each article reported it differently based on their dangling modifiers. It is hard to say whether the restraints were in the freezer or in the secret room. Poor writing.

Agreed - no 2 articles are alike and updates change constantly.

I suppose I had put more stock in the WTOL staff report;

"A further search at the property found evidence of blood on the walls of the hidden room, restraints and blood in the freezer."

http://www.wtol.com/story/32566857/...rn-of-man-charged-with-sierah-joughins-murder

The Blade has no conscience, they'll do whatever to keep their ship from sinking. The search warrant details didn't need released. There was no immediate harm to the community by keeping them sealed.

Their motives aside, the information was important. I do believe the general public is much BETTER served knowing the truth, instead of the spin the MSM puts on things. And we all know, they ALL do it.

As brutal as it is, I'd much rather read a PC statement than a media release. This way, I can deal with facts, instead of opinions. Opinions are based on feeling, where facts are based on evidence. For me, that matters.

fwiw - moo - etc.

I have a revised username, at the request of management. I hope nobody was offended by my old name, and I won't mention it again.

One other thing that is difficult for me to say--- the first thing I noticed from that barn video was that Jeffrey Dahmer type barrel. Please, only be a barrel.

It's plainly visible from the road. Most residents of Fulton county use well water, unless they're in town.A lot of people in the area have well trouble, and haul municipal water to their property and store it in tanks. Likely the situation there.

Their motives aside, the information was important. I do believe the general public is much BETTER served knowing the truth, instead of the spin the MSM puts on things. And we all know, they ALL do it.

As brutal as it is, I'd much rather read a PC statement than a media release. This way, I can deal with facts, instead of opinions. Opinions are based on feeling, where facts are based on evidence. For me, that matters.

fwiw - moo - etc.

I agree. I think the timing was what was innappropriate. I think the facts are important. People don't have to read them. I am one of the people who like details. I think we learn from them. I think we can trace back to other crimes or predict future crimes (how often do we say this reminds me of xxxxx). I also have a weird need to be fully aware of the evil that exists. I need to know to better protect myself and my child, as well as to cherish the beauty that exists, despite the evil. Withholding the information does not make it any less gruesome. I think if the victim had to actually live through it, then I need to be brave enough to hear the facts and be a witness throughout the process, all the way through conviction. What if all of the gruesome details were released about his first attack? Maybe then, people would have rallied behind that victim and put pressure to punish him appropriately and follow up for a long time after. That is just how I feel. I respect others for not wanting to know, but I always do.

fwiw - moo - etc.
100% agree!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fwiw - moo - etc.

The information IS important. Their timing is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne