Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That's what I read too. Police canvassed his home at 3AM, and he was detained after he told police that he didn't steal anything or kill anyone.
Do you remember where you read that - I know it was in a news article.

the police "canvassed" and spoke to him on one day and time (the 20th at what time?). Then they got the search warrant a different time/ possibly different day....the 21st? When was the very first initial interaction? The 20th? And what time?... He was not arrested the same day as the very first interaction between le and himself I gathered. I still haven't found where it says the "time" le First went to his house asking any questions. I saw it as she went missing tues, they canvassed wed had initial interaction, search warrant thurs, and arrested Friday.

i had thought the same thing I read somewhere about 3am the night of abduction but couldn't find it. I was just thinking if it was 3 am it could be possible she could of been in the barn when le first spoke to him at the front door or outside, I'm not sure that was stated, but then he took her after to her final resting place knowing they were on to him and would be back. I don't know and still if that was the case I don't understand why all the evidence when he would of had a feeling the police would be back with a warrant.

SierahJoughin.jpg

As soon as Worley was canvassed, he was detained. When police first spoke with him, he concocted a story to explain why his helmet was at the abduction scene, and his fingerprints were on Sierah's bicycle. There is duct tape with both Sierah's an Worley's DNA at the Worley property crime scene, so she or the duct tape was there. The sandwiches, diapers, drink, straw all suggest that she was at his barn.

He knew that police had discovered her bike, so he got rid of her - buried her nearby (2.5 miles) in a shallow grave near the road (another cornfield) in the opposite direction of her bike and he got home in time before police arrived.

I don't believe after the story he gave LE that LE left the premises to get the warrant. When securing warrants for something that is "happening now", LE will remain on the property so no evidence gets dumped and another officer goes after the warrant.
which makes total sense. I guess looking at the dates on the search warrant and the date of abduction and it seemed to be canvassing all took place different days. Abduction 19th, initial contact w jw the 20th, search warrant dated the 21st, (unless I read wrong) arrest the 22nd. All different dates. Reading the warrant didn't make it sound like they just stayed there a day waiting for the warrant to come through. I'm not familiar with the process of getting warrants. Just saying how I viewed dates/events happening.

the police "canvassed" and spoke to him on one day and time (the 20th at what time?). Then they got the search warrant a different time/ possibly different day....the 21st? When was the very first initial interaction? The 20th? And what time?... He was not arrested the same day as the very first interaction between le and himself I gathered. I still haven't found where it says the "time" le First went to his house asking any questions. I saw it as she went missing tues, they canvassed wed had initial interaction, search warrant thurs, and arrested Friday.

I had read that he was canvassed at 3AM, and that he was immediately detained especially because he was said he had not stolen anything or killed anyone (in the search warrant). That means he was arrested 4 hours after she was reported missing.

I believe he was detained at the time that his property was canvassed at 3AM the day after Sierah was reported missing (11PM the previous day). Could police detain him for up to 48 hours before/without laying charges?

I had read that he was canvassed at 3AM, and that he was immediately detained especially because he was said he had not stolen anything or killed anyone (in the search warrant). That means he was arrested 4 hours after she was reported missing.

I believe he was detained at the time that his property was canvassed at 3AM the day after Sierah was reported missing (11PM the previous day). Could police detain him for up to 48 hours before/without laying charges?
The search warrant return indicates that the warrant was served to JW at 5:37PM on 7/21/2016.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

oh okay I hadn't put hose pieces together it that he was taken right away on the 20th at 3 am into custody... I read it that he was arrested Friday. So much to learn!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but off the top of my head I think the police can detain for 72 hours. May vary by state though. Basing off CO laws.
Sorry at first I had written 36 hours haha, long day.......

The search warrant for all the swabbing was served at 4:57PM on 7/22, at which time he would have already been in custody.

which makes total sense. I guess looking at the dates on the search warrant and the date of abduction and it seemed to be canvassing all took place different days. Abduction 19th, initial contact w jw the 20th, search warrant dated the 21st, (unless I read wrong) arrest the 22nd. All different dates. Reading the warrant didn't make it sound like they just stayed there a day waiting for the warrant to come through. I'm not familiar with the process of getting warrants. Just saying how I viewed dates/events happening.

Initial contact at 3AM on the July 20th?
Is it possible in Ohio to detain a suspect for up to 48 hours without laying charges?
If so, that would explain the delay in charges being filed. If police can detain a suspect for 48 hours, or 10 days, without filing charges, they will do so and collect evidence for additional charges during that time.

That would explain why Worley was not charged at the same time that he was detained ... but he was charged within 48 hours.

And officially, the case against him, as noted on the evidence returns with the case number, was opened against him at 8:58 AM on 7/20, just 10 hrs after she was reported missing. If he was already detained at that time, he had had a busy night.

oh okay I hadn't put hose pieces together it that he was taken right away on the 20th at 3 am into custody... I read it that he was arrested Friday. So much to learn!

Sierah was reported missing at 11PM July 19. Worley was canvassed within a 5 mile radius of the bicycle at 3AM on July 20. Worley was detained immediately at the time of canvas because he had intimate knowledge of the abduction crime scene (motorcycle helmet, fuses with wires, screwdriver, and sunglasses ... two bikes, one with his fingerprins), and the statement that he did not murder anyone.

In Ohio, can someone be detained for up to 48 hours before charges are filed? After charges were filed, he was required to comply with photos of his body, skin samples from his body, and bodily fluid.

Initial contact at 3AM on the July 20th?
Is it possible in Ohio to detain a suspect for up to 48 hours without laying charges?
If so, that would explain the delay in charges being filed. If police can detain a suspect for 48 hours, or 10 days, without filing charges, they will do so and collect evidence for additional charges during that time.

That would explain why Worley was not charged at the same time that he was detained ... but he was charged within 48 hours.
I believe he was detained immediately upon initial contact. The case was officially opened a few hrs later on 7/20. If he abducted Sierah around 6:30PM on 7/19 and initial contact was at 3AM, he had her less than 9 hrs...abduction, transport home, transport to burial site, dig grave...all in a very short time frames.

i had thought the same thing I read somewhere about 3am the night of abduction but couldn't find it. I was just thinking if it was 3 am it could be possible she could of been in the barn when le first spoke to him at the front door or outside, I'm not sure that was stated, but then he took her after to her final resting place knowing they were on to him and would be back. I don't know and still if that was the case I don't understand why all the evidence when he would of had a feeling the police would be back with a warrant.
She was already gone. My understanding is that he was detained immediately after he started to spin his tail and tell LE details that only the abductor would know.

Sierah was reported missing at 11PM July 19. Worley was canvassed within a 5 mile radius of the bicycle at 3AM on July 20. Worley was detained immediately at the time of canvas because he had intimate knowledge of the abduction crime scene (motorcycle helmet, fuses with wires, screwdriver, and sunglasses ... two bikes, one with his fingerprins), and the statement that he did not murder anyone.

In Ohio, can someone be detained for up to 48 hours before charges are filed? After charges were filed, he was required to comply with photos of his body, skin samples from his body, and bodily fluid.
do u have a link stating he was detained immediately at 3 am the 20th I just haven't seen that yet and would like to read. Much appreciated.

I believe he was detained immediately upon initial contact. The case was officially opened a few hrs later on 7/20. If he abducted Sierah around 6:30PM on 7/19 and initial contact was at 3AM, he had her less than 9 hrs...abduction, transport home, transport to burial site, dig grave...all in a very short time frames.

damn. That's crazy.

do u have a link stating he was detained immediately at 3 am the 20th I just haven't seen that yet and would like to read. Much appreciated.

I read it somewhere, it's been confirmed by one other person - we're still looking for the link.

Can that information be found in the warrants and documents?

I guess I missed reading that he was detained right at 3 am just hours later. I'm looking forward to reading that. Somehow I missed that... Did it say That in the search warrant he was take away then? I'm not sure where I missed reading this. :/ all along I was thinking they didn't have actual custody til Friday. thanks.

I guess I missed reading that he was detained right at 3 am just hours later. I'm looking forward to reading that. Somehow I missed that... Did it say That in the search warrant he was take away then? I'm not sure where I missed reading this. :/ all along I was thinking they didn't have actual custody til Friday. thanks.

Wait, there was a witness who reported to LE that he went into her place of employment the next day (?) Acting non-chalant asking questions about the "missing girl" and conversing about it. I don't think he was arrested til next night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx