GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, do NOT believe that he wanted to watch her die. Using a gag would only allow him to watch her pass out. I think it was a mistake on his part,and that it more than likely infuriated him. I believe that the Good Lord chose to lift her up out of there before any further indignity, pain or suffering could befall her.

I, for one, do NOT believe that he wanted to watch her die. Using a gag would only allow him to watch her pass out. I think it was a mistake on his part,and that it more than likely infuriated him. I believe that the Good Lord chose to lift her up out of there before any further indignity, pain or suffering could befall her.

I agree 100%

Recap from Crescent News. All italicized statements were direct quotes from article

https://www.crescent-news.com/news/...lowed notification email&utm_content=headline
[FONT=&amp]A photo shown of Joughin at 6:43 p.m. on July 19, 2016, of moments before she parted ways with her boyfriend, to head home.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The same afternoon the photo was taken, Worley’s internet history showed he started watching *advertiser censored* around noon, and continued “all afternoon, until the evening, when he takes his motorcycle ride,” Haselman said.

“(Worley) called his brother at 7:43 p.m. to tell him he won’t be home to take care of his mother, but I submit to you, it’s not because his motorcycle was broken down,” Haselman said. “It’s because he has Sierah in the western cornfield.”

Worley first told investigatiors he did not return to the scene; when they told him vidoe from Evergreen schools showed his vehivle, he recanted.

The state contends Worley assaulted Joughin, then waited until nightfall, left on his motorcycle, and returned in his pickup truck to transport her to his barn.

“He lied,” Haselman told jurors. “In a case investigating the disappearance of a young woman who was found murdered and buried in a hole, he lied. Why? That’s what guilty people do.”

His motorcycle could be seen on camera traveling south past Evergreen schools at about 10:01 p.m., Haselman said. Worley told investigators he arrived home that night — about three and a half miles from where he was seen on camera — just after 10 p.m.

Worley told investigators on the day after Joughin went missing, he was sore from pushing the motorcycle.

“The evidence shows the motorcycle didn’t need to be pushed,” Haselman said. “The evidence shows the defendant was sore from digging that hole — a hole so deep that the crime scene people said they’ve never seen a hole so deep.”

A trail mattress and a pair of violet, metallic underwear found in Worley’s barn both bore Joughin’s DNA, Haselman said, reiterating testimony jurors heard earlier, and she was found buried in a white, lacy tube top, a diaper and white socks, all similar to items found in a green crate inside the barn on Worley’s property.

Investigators found proof of purchase for the violet shorts in a password-protected part of Worley’s home computer, which showed they were purchased from lingerie site Wicked Temptations in 2015, using a credit card in Worley’s mother’s name. The card was found in Worley’s wallet during a search; the phone number associated with the purchase was Worley’s own.

Among Worley’s charges are two counts of aggravated murder, each with a specification. For the first specification to apply, the murder must have been committed for the purpose of avoiding detection or apprehension for another crime, Haselman explained.

One count of aggravated murder requires proof of “prior calculation and design.”

“In this case, the defendant shoves that chew toy in her mouth and ties it in place,” Haselman said. “He’s thought this through. He doesn’t want it to come out while she’s struggling. That shows prior calculation and design.”

The evidence, Haselman contended, shows that to believe there’s another answer for what happened to Joughin “is not the real world.”

During his closing argument, defense co-counsel Merle Dech implored jurors to “focus on what the state does not have.” ( closing argument centered on where Worley’s DNA was not found
)

March 14 jurors were told the feces was not tested because feces generally contains too much bacteria to be useful.

Desh/Defense: “You’ll see something on the Evergreen school video around 10:04-ish; it’s not James Worley’s truck, not proved beyond a reasonable doubt,”

[/FONT]

I agree too! I think you are right, I’m thinking he didn’t want to watch her die and it was used as a gag but, it killed her quickly instead. I do think he would have killed her eventually. It sure seems like he had intentions to keep her for awhile with his perverted ideas he had. As horrible as it is, I think it’s a blessing the Good Lord chose to lift her up so she did not have to endure any of his evil intentions.

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db/347256/content/cum3DtAH

Juror dismissed Monday

Deliberation resets everything they talked about yesterday and they have to fill in the new Juror on all the evidence presented.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

As someone who has had my share of pregnancy complications.... why did they even have a pregnant juror to begin with?? That was a big gamble that everything was going to go smoothly for her the whole time. Not to mention the stress involved is not something she needed! I'm not trying to be critical, but that's just common sense stuff!

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Day-2-of-Jury-Deliberations-in-the-capital-murder-trial-of-James-Worley-478044973.html

Two jurors have been dismissed in the case. Last week one juror had an emergency. Today, the jury commissioner Cindy Grant testified that last night a juror alerted police she need to talk to Ms.Grant. Grant testified the juror said she was feeling sick. The juror is 28 weeks pregnant and wanted to leave. The jury commissioner testified it was in the best interest of the baby to dismiss the juror. The jury had one question, if they could keep her notes. The judge said no because they are confidential. An alternate was put in her spot.

With the new juror so late to this trial, how does that work? I am not too familiar with replacement jurors. Were the alternate jurors in the courtroom/ did they hear the same testimony throughout the trial that the original jurors did? Also, were they sequestered as well? I know this stuff does happen, it is just one more "bump in the road" that SJ's family has to endure. :(

So the jurors are deliberating??

TIA!

To answer the last 2 questions, yes, the alternates sat with the rest of jurors during trial.

To answer the last 2 questions, yes, the alternates sat with the rest of jurors during trial.

Thank you so much! Also, as per WTOL "[FONT=&quot]This erases three-and-a-half hours of jury deliberations from Monday night, as the deliberations must now start again from scratch to ensure a fair trail."[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Not too sure if that means they have to be given directions again or not. If not, it seems as though they are deliberating once again. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3