GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.timesleaderonline.com/pa...tion-supports-Big-Red-grid-boss.html?nav=5010

Petition supports Big Red grid boss
March 29, 2013
DAVE GOSSETT - For The Times Leader , Times Leader

"A rally that had been planned for Saturday to support Saccoccia has been postponed until later this month after a special grand jury meets to investigate all aspects of a rape case that has brought national and international attention to the city and the high school football team, organizers said Wednesday."

Disgusting but not surprising. Penn State students vandalized a city to protect a pedophile enabler.

:furious:

Disgusting but not surprising. Penn State students vandalized a city to protect a pedophile enabler.

My guess is that some of the organizers of this are starting to have second thoughts about whether this is a good idea. While Reno has had lots of support in the past, I bet many are keeping a bit of distance right now, waiting to see what happens.

So Mr. H basically forced the drunken kids out of his home into the night. The girl was puking and passing out. She was in the street with no shirt on puking in FRONT of his home. At midnight. With 2 drunk boys. And you did nothing wrong???

This is messed up in so many ways!

I agree. Also, he mentions that these people were NOT invited into their home. If someone shows up at my door, uninvited and I do not want them in my home....they would never get passed the front door, but they ended up through the door, down the stairs and into the basement?!?!?

^^

Regarding the quote and post above, after I watched the entire unedited interview with Mr. H., it seemed who he should really be mad at (i.e. sue) was M.N. and E.W. for making unauthorized film and still photograph depictions featuring his basement. But do you think that is who he really holds accountable for his involuntary inclusion in the Steubenville investigations and media reports? I think he says that he holds Goddard responsible for that.

^^

Regarding the quote and post above, after I watched the entire unedited interview with Mr. H., it seemed who he should really be mad at (i.e. sue) was M.N. and E.W. for making unauthorized film and still photograph depictions featuring his basement. But do you think that is who he really holds accountable for his involuntary inclusion in the Steubenville investigations and media reports? I think he says that he holds Goddard responsible for that.

I have not watched this yet, do you have the link?

I read some posts from yesterday on jjHuddle, an Ohio sports forum, that claimed that Coach Belardine was "kept off the sidelines" "removed from the program" and/or "barred from coaching" because of his connection to the underage drinking on the night of August 11, 2012. I searched through the Herald Star archives and didn't find any reports covering this claim.

Does anyone have news report links to the effect of the party aftermath for Coach Belardine? If the sports program or school district took immediate, appropriate action regarding underage drinking at Belardine's house (I'm not saying he personally supplied the alcohol or did anything other than that which is widely reported- that he sent numerous intoxicated teenagers into the night without contacting the police or their parents), I don't understand why this fact wouldn't be transparent and widely reported.

Has anyone heard any news on the upcoming grand jury? I would think subpoeanas would be going out anytime now.

^^^ That should be "Mike DeWine" in both cases in the above post.

That is an interesting article Erik28. I dont agree with it all, but it does give a decent description of the involvment of each of the homes. As far as what liability the owners of those homes face, i can't answer. That would largely depend on what case law in Ohio says about premises liability.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/23/justice/ohio-steubenville-coach/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

(CNN) -- The longtime head football coach of Steubenville High School landed a contract extension this week, despite the rape controversy that gripped the small Ohio town and the nation.
Reno Saccoccia was granted a two-year extension by the local school board, Steubenville Superintendent Michael McVey said Monday.
There is an online petition which has 130K signatures demanding that he lose his job. The school also points out that just because his contract was extended for his administrative duties. It doesnt not include coaching activities.

It will be interesting to see what the grand jury does. This guy is going to face some heat imo.

Why would a school (with an excellent academic record) in a town of 18,000 care about a petition of 130,000 busy bodies?

One thing that PISSES me off about his contract extension is that Ohio is a mandated reporter state. It was ILLEGAL for him to not say anything, doesn't matter if she didn't go to the school he worked at, it doesn't even matter if he didn't think she got raped, the moment he heard what happened (Even if all he heard was "This girl is starting rumours that we raped her) he was LEGALLY REQUIRED to tell the authorities.

He didn't do that. He could be prosecuted for that alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back