GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing that PISSES me off about his contract extension is that Ohio is a mandated reporter state. It was ILLEGAL for him to not say anything, doesn't matter if she didn't go to the school he worked at, it doesn't even matter if he didn't think she got raped, the moment he heard what happened (Even if all he heard was "This girl is starting rumours that we raped her) he was LEGALLY REQUIRED to tell the authorities.

He didn't do that. He could be prosecuted for that alone.

I am certain that the Grand Jury will take a close look at that.

Why would a school (with an excellent academic record) in a town of 18,000 care about a petition of 130,000 busy bodies?

Because it shows that people are watching them. I've not signed it, but I might. Just because they've gotten away with this conduct in the past, doesn't mean they should continue to do so.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/breaking-news-search-warrants-executed-steubenvill/nXXkD/

"BREAKING NEWS: Search warrants executed in Steubenville teen rape investigation....

....Search warrants were executed at the following locations:

• Steubenville Board of Education offices and other facilities
• Steubenville High School
• Vestige Ltd. in Medina County"

Does anyone know if this will be live streamed... Or are Grand Jury Trials held without cameras?

:dunno:

Perhaps to see if the school/Board had evidence supporting the rape and suppressed it??

Does anyone know if this will be live streamed... Or are Grand Jury Trials held without cameras?

:dunno:

Grand Jury proceedings are generally held in secret. Not only no tv, but no reporters of any kind.

Soooo....

am I correct that in addition to Steubenville Board of Education...

And Steubenville High School...

That search warrants will be/have been executed at a forensic laboratory (Vestige Ltd. - electronic evidence)?

Very interesting...

JMO

It is interesting. Not sure what they would be looking for there. The search warrants have been sealed for the time being, so we don't know what it was that the state police were looking for.

It is interesting. Not sure what they would be looking for there. The search warrants have been sealed for the time being, so we don't know what it was that the state police were looking for.

At first I thought the LE was investigating Vestige Ltd. due to a possibility that this company was part of the cover up...

then I came to the conclusion IMO that they were the company who had been used prior for gathering electronic evidence in the last "investigations"...

and now the Grand Jury will need ALL the records of the electronic devices used throughout the Steubenville Atrocities....

In other words... They probably had no part in the actual illicit activities... But only have the phone/computer/etc. records needed to do a complete investigation...

However.... There may be much more to it then this...

I am only speculating...

JMO

Thanks, Erik...

You beat me to it...

I was just going to post a reminder that the Grand Jury will be today regarding the Steubenville Atrocities...

The Grand Jury is convening today. http://www.cleveland.com/steubenvil...f/2013/04/grand_jury_to_begin_hearing_ev.html No news yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was, among hopefully many other, a recommendation to charge Jane Doe with Minor in Possession of Alcohol and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor for drinking that Vodka she admitted to possessing and sharing it with her friend.

There is virtually no chance Jane Doe would be charged. Minors are almost never charged with contributing to delinquency unless they are providing lots of alcohol to a group of kids. And no prosecutor would ever charge a girl with underage drinking when she was raped. To do so would have a chilling effect on girls reporting rapes in the future.

I hope you are correct. I wonder if there do end up being Minor in Possession charges and Jane Doe is not charged, how that will play out in the community (and social media, for what it is worth). But that is certainly jumping the gun, since it's possible there could be no charges at all resulting from the Grand Jury Investigation.

I will always be curious about the meaning behind these text messages (sent August 12, 2012, after 1 am), transcribed by Don Carpenter & Amanda Blackburn from evidence presented during the criminal trial of T.M. & M.R., published March 17, 2013 by http://www.mobilebroadcastnews.com/...sages-led-convictions-Steubenville-Rape-Trial

A.C. : How dead is she?

T.M. : Not at all. She’s lookin for her phone.

A.C. to T.M. : That *advertiser censored* probably long gone in the streets by now. What did u do with her?

Just a guess here, but I would venture that they are waiting to receive more recovered phone info from that forensics company. I would also guess that they have probable cause to believe there is incriminating information there, and they apparantly have a pretty good idea of what it is. I know there was talk about some videos that were taken and deleted and couldn't previously be recovered. If this is correct, the evidence could be for two purposes; first to implicate others that might have actually actively been involved in the assault, and second to show who had actual notice and knowledge of the assualts. Just have to wait to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back