Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this was mentioned before but the youngest half-sister really bears a strong resemblance to BG. Same hair colour and same eyes.... she is exactly how I would have pictured BG as a living person.

I’m not sure if this was mentioned before but the youngest half-sister really bears a strong resemblance to BG. Same hair colour and same eyes.... she is exactly how I would have pictured BG as a living person.
Wanted to add I believe I found her mother's yearbook photo. Could see resemblance in the facial structure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The family has asked that her name not be shared and that the father's obituary be taken down.

The family has asked that her name not be shared and that the father's obituary be taken down.
Good to know, didn't want to post names and info. Will not share names going forward

Thank you for this. Should we go back and alert the mods to the posts that have her name and her family member's names posted here? I don't think their names should be discussed when they haven't been in the news and the match is not official yet. While this is all very interesting to a us, seeing strangers dissecting their family dynamics could be very unnerving. I fear that the more they are talked about online the less likely any family members will be to speak to the press in the future when BG is officially identified. JMHO.

Thank you for this. Should we go back and alert the mods to the posts that have her name and her family member's names posted here? I don't think their names should be discussed when they haven't been in the news and the match is not official yet. While this is all very interesting to a us, seeing strangers dissecting their family dynamics could be very unnerving. I fear that the more they are talked about online the less likely any family members will be to speak to the press in the future when BG is officially identified. JMHO.

I agree. I think names should be redacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope that someone in the family filed a missing person report at some point. If not, I have to ask why.

I sure hope that someone in the family filed a missing person report at some point. If not, I have to ask why.
They did contact police but she wasn't a teenager and was known to hitchhike and travel, not everyone files reports, especially back then

There are so many people worldwide who have followed this case over the decades, there's no stuffing that genie back in the bottle. Of course, we'll abide by their wishes, but we're not the only game in town.

There are so many people worldwide who have followed this case over the decades, there's no stuffing that genie back in the bottle. Of course, we'll abide by their wishes, but we're not the only game in town.

Yeah. I feel terrible people are calling the relatives. That's far out in a bad way.

Yeah. I feel terrible people are calling the relatives. That's far out in a bad way.

Omg people are CALLING THEM? Seriously? How do we know that?

LE honestly should have asked them to not post on any forums about her for awhile & maybe DNA Doe Project should bring that up to law enforcement for future high profile cases. The average person doesn't understand how this stuff can get out of control.

Omg people are CALLING THEM? Seriously?

Not just calling them, but calling them to yell at them for not reporting her missing. One would think that unless you're a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, you shouldn't need to be reminded not to harrass grieving families.

LE honestly should have asked them to not post on any forums about her for awhile & maybe DNA Doe Project should bring that up to law enforcement for future high profile cases. The average person doesn't understand how this stuff can get out of control.

I'm old enough to remember when people would harass in person regarding things they were upset about.....the Internet has enabled "slacktivists" to harass with ease with no chance of blowback.

I think people get overly invested in certain matters (it's a fault of being human.)

Not just calling them, but calling them to yell at them for not reporting her missing. One would think that unless you're a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, you shouldn't need to be reminded not to harrass grieving families.

WTF that is APPALLING! Wow, there are no words... I'm beyond disgusted that people would do that. I figured people would message them but that's beyond the pale.

Do we know who contacted the family? I'm confident if it were the detective on her case, he would have said something because he lurks here and knows how much of an investment people have to BG's case. And, whoever contacted the family may have apprised them of not releasing any info, but it might not have been shared when the rest of the family was informed. And you're right, the average person doesn't understand how this stuff can get out of control, especially in this day and age of the information super highway.

OMG, that is despicable and totally unacceptable. What is wrong with people? Holy cow. I'm mortified. Thanks for letting us know, CarlK. I think we've been pretty respectful here, but I think we can all agree to be a little more sensitive, too.

That is insane! Wow! I don't know what to say.

The family was originally quite forthcoming with information on BG’s Facebook page but I don’t think they were prepared at all for the attention they would get. I agree it is unacceptable for people to be calling them and to be criticizing them. In reality, we have no clue what they may have done to try and locate her over the years.

That is insane. By one of their accounts the family DID report her missing and involve a detective. But even if they had not done so, most of her half-siblings would have been young children at the time BG was murdered. They shouldn't be harassed for not trying harder to find a half sibling they assumed was estranged from the family and off living her own life. Thanks for redacting her family member's names from the thread Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop