GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He stole, borrowed or rented one since he was worried about his own car being connected? I know LE has stated no one else involved. But this info along with the distance between locations screams second person to me.
I'm with you....I just can't shake the feeling yet that he didn't act alone. I'm sure LE already knows who that truck is registered to....am wondering if they've been able to account for that person's whereabouts as well.

What I'm really wondering is how did he get to Tina's house initially?

I'm still concerned that we have very little about Stephany's timeline, even "when last seen and by whom", and Sarah said she saw her last on Tuesday.

Stephany's family has been very quiet, non-existent in MSM (from what I've found) until this morning when her father appeared on CBS (I think it was). And even on the FB page, Stephany's family is telling people that if approached by media, to say that ALL communications with the media will be thru her father.

Things like this could really make one's mind go crazy with speculation.

I sure hope that all 3 of them are found FAST.

And it makes sense that her car was found at the Hermann residence, and not at her own house (as had been reported). The sheriff said that was why she was included as missing with Tina and the 2 children, because her vehicle was there and nobody had heard from her.

But it's surprising that no one from her family / friends has come forward and said when they last talked with her or saw her.

A few questions I have, wondering what others think:

1. If Sarah was the intended target, then why was he watching the family AND Stephanie?

2. If his house was "lined with leaves", what exactly does that mean? I have a visual of leaves pasted all over the walls, floors and ceilings. Combined with the neighbours report of MH killing/eating squirrels, him being a tree trimmer, and him sitting up high in the trees, I confess, I wonder if he fancied himself a squirrel?

Warning: Graphic Alert

Bear with me here, but, if, in his crazy mind, he sat in trees, lined his house etc., to BE a squirrel, could he have been "burying" and hoarding his victims away, like a squirrel would?

3. Could the bloody clothes found in the park yesterday by LE, possibly have been ANIMAL blood (the dog?). It was said that it was not human blood, but, could it have been Tanners?

And it makes sense that her car was found at the Hermann residence, and not at her own house (as had been reported). The sheriff said that was why she was included as missing with Tina and the 2 children, because her vehicle was there and nobody had heard from her.

But it's surprising that no one from her family / friends has come forward and said when they last talked with her or saw her.

I agree. Unless he had been watching Stephanie, too (which I doubt - I think she stumbled across this awful tragedy), then MH would not take Steph's vehicle back to her house b/c he wouldn't know who may be there.

Do we know:

What time the children were let off the bus and would have arrived home?

Do they both ride the same bus? Would one arrive home before the other one?

What time was Tina due to start her shift at DQ?

But if this vehicle is connected in any way, don't you think they would have included it with the pictures of the other three vehicles they released today?

It does appear connected in some way. IIRC, did LE take it in for processing? Or am I just confused? lol.

You make a good point, why was a pic not included with the other three?

A few questions I have, wondering what others think:

1. If Sarah was the intended target, then why was he watching the family AND Stephanie?

(...snipped...)

I don't think he was watching Stephanie. I believe that either she stumbled onto the scene, or she and Tina had been together and returned from somewhere.

MH reminds me of Vinson Filyaw who kidnapped a 14 year old girl about 1 1/2 hours from my home and kept her in an underground bunker he had built for about a week. She was finally able to steal his cell phone and send a text while he fell asleep.

"A 14-year-old girl missing for more than a week before she summoned help with a text message is now resting and recovering from her ordeal in an underground bunker, her mother said Monday."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-text-message-rescue_x.htm

MH reminds me of Vinson Filyaw who kidnapped a 14 year old girl about 1 1/2 hours from my home and kept her in an underground bunker he had built for about a week. She was finally able to steal his cell phone and send a text while he fell asleep.

"A 14-year-old girl missing for more than a week before she summoned help with a text message is now resting and recovering from her ordeal in an underground bunker, her mother said Monday."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-text-message-rescue_x.htm

I remember that case...! Creepy. And what a brave, smart girl.

True, criminals cant profit, but someone else can make the movie. Have you all noticed what a busy busy time the police and sheriffs department have in that town? The scanner has been busy every day that I listen to it. Lot of crime there. jmo.

WELCOME TO WB Java!!! this is the best web site around.

I noticed someone said the jeep was at the moms, but they didnt say it was in the moms garage. Now I find out (thank you Java) we still have another vehicle to account for. I wonder why no pics of it? We know there is evidence in the Toyota, and the black truck, right? MH couldnt have hidden much in his car, there is no trunk so to speak. I agree with who ever said the bodies/other people could be in diff places. 4 people, 4 vechiles.

Now I will have that darn silver truck thing in my head tonight. This whole situation is creepy. The next door lady is lucky nothing happened to her. as well as the girl friend. she should be a lot of help. Leaves? If soil is soft, he could dig by hand, we dont know how long he was planning this.

There is still the other 14 yr old girl that is missing. I havent checked, but what comes to mind, is he dug several bunkers. creep, creep, creepy.

I thinking the tarp was use in a pickup truck to cover stuff in the bed:banghead:

Sheriff Barber said at the presser that the "last time seen"s would be provided. I didn't catch when, though (thought he said next week, but maybe he said next presser, which is tomorrow).

Obviously, LE has to keep much info privy during an investigation.

It's hardest on the family and friends, obviously.

True, criminals cant profit, but someone else can make the movie. Have you all noticed what a busy busy time the police and sheriffs department have in that town? The scanner has been busy every day that I listen to it. Lot of crime there. jmo.

WELCOME TO WB Java!!! this is the best web site around.

I noticed someone said the jeep was at the moms, but they didnt say it was in the moms garage. Now I find out (thank you Java) we still have another vehicle to account for. I wonder why no pics of it? We know there is evidence in the Toyota, and the black truck, right? MH couldnt have hidden much in his car, there is no trunk so to speak. I agree with who ever said the bodies/other people could be in diff places. 4 people, 4 vechiles.

Now I will have that darn silver truck thing in my head tonight. This whole situation is creepy. The next door lady is lucky nothing happened to her. as well as the girl friend. she should be a lot of help. Leaves? If soil is soft, he could dig by hand, we dont know how long he was planning this.

There is still the other 14 yr old girl that is missing. I havent checked, but what comes to mind, is he dug several bunkers. creep, creep, creepy.

Did I miss something? what other 14 years old girl?

It's too bad the judge only gave him eight years. In the one media article I read it mentioned that he was only 20 years old at the time. The judge's comment to him seemed like he thought the kid would be able to find some rehabilitation in prison, but it appears he didn't. I am no psychiatrist, but someone who sets fire to an apartment type building and risks multiple lives has no regard for human life it seems. IMO

Other than a minor offense committed when he was a juvenile, Hoffman did not have a criminal history when he was convicted of the arson and theft charges.

On Monday, Feldmann, now a defense attorney in Steamboat, said Hoffman was not given enough prison time.

“I wish the court had granted my request for a longer prison sentence for Mr. Hoffman back in 2001,” Feldmann said. “His actions were horrific and his complete disregard for human life was of a magnitude that our local courts rarely encounter.”

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2010/nov/15/man-convicted-august-2000-arson-steamboat-heart-oh/

I am so frustrated about why mh was off parole after only 3 (?) years? He was given 5 years probation in addition to the 8 years for arson. Doesn't it seem reasonable that he would have to fulfill the whole 5 years of supervision?

He got off parole in Oct - and then there is a scuffle/possible assault with a gf that is trying cut ties with him and mh is having fires in his backyard, where he is not supposed to do so - didn't his PO have any indication that he was a timebomb, waiting to explode?

Sorry, end of rant, it's just seems to me that if mh's "warning signs" were given the appropriate attention, he would have not been given the "space" to commit another crime, one far worse than arson!!! (not to imply that arson isn't serious, but it is different from kidnapping and possibly murder, imho).

What time the children were let off the bus and would have arrived home?

Do they both ride the same bus? Would one arrive home before the other one?

I know around here (I was a student at MVHS) the middle schools let out earlier than the elementaries do, and I would assume East Knox is the same way.

Some speculation on FB. Not bringing it over here but thought it may be interesting if someone wants to pop over and take a look. From CS...

That text that GB received from TH at 11:30 that Wednesday about feeding the dog......was this a kinda normal or usual kind of text or did it seem strange to him?

Wonder if he replied to her.

I'm still concerned that we have very little about Stephany's timeline, even "when last seen and by whom", and Sarah said she saw her last on Tuesday.

Stephany's family has been very quiet, non-existent in MSM (from what I've found) until this morning when her father appeared on CBS (I think it was). And even on the FB page, Stephany's family is telling people that if approached by media, to say that ALL communications with the media will be thru her father.

Things like this could really make one's mind go crazy with speculation.

I sure hope that all 3 of them are found FAST.

I don't know if this has crossed anyone else's mind, but Stephanie is a petite blonde (which appears to be MH's "type"). I wonder if she wasn't his original target? Perhaps she fought back and was the first killed? (Just throwing ideas out here.) IMO, it seems likely that MH had already "taken control" of the house when the children arrived home from school. And with Sarah saying she never saw Stephanie, I wonder if she wasn't the first person MH attacked, and Sarah ended up being her replacement. (Again, just tossing out what pops into my head.)

I can't wait till we have some definite facts regarding timeframe and motive.

I don't think he was watching Stephanie. I believe that either she stumbled onto the scene, or she and Tina had been together and returned from somewhere.

According to Stephanie's father, someone WAS watching Stephanie.

"We just have all the hope we can and prayers from everyone," Steven Thompson told "Good Morning America" today.

"We have thought how that connection was there, and we can't come up with one," he said. "I have never met the guy. I have never even seen his picture until just the other day."

Though Thompson had no inkling that anything was amiss with his daughter before she disappeared, he has since heard from friends that she suspected she might have been followed.

"I've heard from friends that she's had feelings for a while now that somebody was stalking her or watching her," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-kidna...ppears-court-wearing/story?id=12163297&page=2

Did anyone else see the video of MH's court appearance on JVM tonight?

Now is it me or do I see a shiner on MH's right eye?

I wonder if the inmates in the county jail sucker punched him.

I sure hope so:innocent:

I'll be back later...I lost a football bet to my hubby and I'm taking him out to dinner....******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper