GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pray no one will try to make a movie for theater or TV movie about this case, with as weird as it's been, that is the first thing that came to mind. Wasn't there a law or something passed saying criminals cannot profit off their crimes???

Welcome to WS's peeples! I am pretty sure MH couldn't profit from any movie that was ever made from this tragic, strange case.

This may be a bit far-fetched, but his neighbors said he would walk to the park with a backpack. My ex-husband had a small military type shovel that would fold up to fit in his backpack. He could have dug a big hole over time, little by little.
Possibly far-fetched because he wasn't the only one using the park. It would be less far-fetched if he had been living on acreage that no one else had access to.

He could have dug shallow graves, though, or disposed of small items. :(

As far as looking "up", I'm sure they have (they're trained), plus leaves have been falling in that area. That makes it easier for looking "up" and for aerial searches, etc.

I've been freaking out about them being alive, but he's been locked up since Sunday and can't give them water. Water is more important than food.

He stole, borrowed or rented one since he was worried about his own car being connected? I know LE has stated no one else involved. But this info along with the distance between locations screams second person to me.

ETA: and where are my manners? Welcome to WS!

But if this vehicle is connected in any way, don't you think they would have included it with the pictures of the other three vehicles they released today?

now they're all talking about LE finding MH close to Tina's truck.

saying good investigative work led them to MH's house.

commercial break -will take calls when they come back

ETA -- haven't heard anything new except Mike Brooks saying evidence was found on the beer cans....did I miss that in a media report somewhere? TIA.

My hubby and I are in a profession of appraising damaged vehicles on a daily basis.

We both studied the pics....and we came to the conclusion the dents were caused by hitting it with a wooden bat, wooden board.....we didn't think it was kicked in because the paint isn't even cracked. Also, we feel like it was probably self inflicted....was he know to have a violent temper? If it were kicked, the paint would have chipped....especially it being silver...I say that because silver paint on a car is known to chip/flake off. But who knows...that's just an educated guess and JMO

Just to jump off of your post. I've had it in the back of my mind due to some previous posts. Its been speculated that Sarah and his recent girlfriend's looks are similar. Reaching here but he could have gone over the edge a bit more than normal for him and hit his vehicle out of anger and frustration due to the breakup, thus starting his plot and rampage.

This in from Hoffman's parents (sorry if already posted, just catching up).

Sounds like he was wearing a suicide gown, also.

We learned from the prosecutor that his house was probably purchased for him by his mother.

She and Hoffman's step-father live a few doors down from Herrmann's house on King Beach Drive. They may well have been at home on Wednesday when Herrmann and the others vanished.

It is not known what they think of their accused son nor is their son explaining himself in any particular way. After days of minimal cooperation that offered no leads, he now has a public defender and has ceased communication with the authorities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/16/national/main7061311.shtml

now they're all talking about LE finding MH close to Tina's truck.

saying good investigative work led them to MH's house.

commercial break -will take calls when they come back

I'm still wondering how they KNEW she was there. Perhaps they were led to his house, then used some sort of microphone or infrared to determine she was there? (Okay, I watched every episode of 24...) But seriously, I want to know how they KNEW that Sarah was there - not anyone else for sure, but definitely Sarah.

I just pray no one will try to make a movie for theater or TV movie about this case, with as weird as it's been, that is the first thing that came to mind. Wasn't there a law or something passed saying criminals cannot profit off their crimes???

I believe most states have a law that criminals cannot get any monetary profit if they or someone else write a book or if a movie is made about their crimes.

It's a shame they can't put nipple clamps, battery cables, or something on him and make him talk!!! :banghead::banghead:

It's a shame they can't put nipple clamps, battery cables, or something on him and make him talk!!! :banghead::banghead:

Bring in Jack Bauer.

True, criminals cant profit, but someone else can make the movie. Have you all noticed what a busy busy time the police and sheriffs department have in that town? The scanner has been busy every day that I listen to it. Lot of crime there. jmo.

WELCOME TO WB Java!!! this is the best web site around.

I noticed someone said the jeep was at the moms, but they didnt say it was in the moms garage. Now I find out (thank you Java) we still have another vehicle to account for. I wonder why no pics of it? We know there is evidence in the Toyota, and the black truck, right? MH couldnt have hidden much in his car, there is no trunk so to speak. I agree with who ever said the bodies/other people could be in diff places. 4 people, 4 vechiles.

Now I will have that darn silver truck thing in my head tonight. This whole situation is creepy. The next door lady is lucky nothing happened to her. as well as the girl friend. she should be a lot of help. Leaves? If soil is soft, he could dig by hand, we dont know how long he was planning this.

There is still the other 14 yr old girl that is missing. I havent checked, but what comes to mind, is he dug several bunkers. creep, creep, creepy.

One far-fetched thought I had was related to his being a tree trimmer. Have LE looked up? I know, I know - way out there, but the thought did cross my mind. And if he is playing games, then the other three may not all be in the same location.

OH my gosh! I walk away from the computer and keep thinking hidden treehouse. And there was your post. Thank You:blushing: I am not crazy:crazy:

A lot of crime in Mount Vernon??? Are you serious??? I've lived here 11 years, and things like this just don't happen. Most of what I've heard on the scanner is petty stuff, or traffic violations. This is not a high crime area, nor has it ever been. It has your typical small town crime.

I'm sorry, it just aggravates me when people who aren't from my town try to talk about my town as if they know MY town. I surely wouldn't have chosen to live anywhere near Mt. Vernon if it was a "high crime" area. JMO.

I'm still concerned that we have very little about Stephany's timeline, even "when last seen and by whom", and Sarah said she saw her last on Tuesday.

Stephany's family has been very quiet, non-existent in MSM (from what I've found) until this morning when her father appeared on CBS (I think it was). And even on the FB page, Stephany's family is telling people that if approached by media, to say that ALL communications with the media will be thru her father.

Things like this could really make one's mind go crazy with speculation.

I sure hope that all 3 of them are found FAST.

on JVM - they're talking about MH not paying back the $2M & why not locked up for probation violation...Mike B. saying there's not enough manpower to lock up all parole violators.

JVM saying violent criminals s/b on life time parole...now she's talking about how much $$ it costs to investigate & prosecute cases and how that costs more than locking them up.

Caller from the area saying when LE is called about odd things happening, they're told nothing can be done until a crime occurs.

What is up with all of the crappy reporting that we have seen in various cases lately? There are several news reports that are saying "significant evidence (black trash bags and the tarp) was found in the home of the 13 year old kidnap vicitim." No it wasn't - it was found near Gambier Road!!! Good grief, you would think reporters would get their facts straight, wouldn't you??? They should read here at WS's.

"Authorities in central Ohio say they have recovered and collected evidence from the home of a 13-year-old girl who was found bound and gagged in the basement of a home."
http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/police-significant-evidence-found-at-ohio-victims-home/19721076

I hear you, but did he have the physical/financial means to build/dig a bunker? Yes, he appears to be "buff" to be able to dig, but I would think an underground bunker (a "liveable" one) would require a bobcat or backhoe. I wonder if any of his rural neighbors ever loaned theirs to him, or he rented or even owned any such equipment? Or his former employer (tree trimming business...eeekkk..think of Zahra's case). Hmmmm.

Someone (on FB, I think?) posted that there's a dumpster in short walking distance of his home, and maybe he was disposing of his trash there. Normal trash, that is. Normal people, trying to reduce normal living expenses, might find ways to dispose of normal trash and burn normal trash.

But Hoffman ain't normal.

Something jump out at me reading your post. A tunnel from under his house:waitasec:

Does anyone remember the guy that kept his daug and grandkids under his house in bunker. If I correct he started with a tunnel.
It was in another country....

I have followed this case on the news but not very closely and don't know every aspect of it so I have a question..

Has LE ruled out the one woman's husband (boyfriend? the one who is still living in the house but they are split up) as being involved in any way? Have they looked into the husband and the perp knowing one another? Seems odd hubby just so happens to not be home the night it all went down- didn't he go home any time in those days after words? He didn't notice the beer cans and the blood.. or the vehicle that didn't belong? I'm not real big on coincidence and IMO this dude not being home the night of and then the days after is a biggie.

But if he's been ruled out- then he's been ruled out.

I don't think he can profit but that one site that has EB's letters can. I pretty sure Lifetime is watching this case close along with true crime authors.

Did anyone else see the video of MH's court appearance on JVM tonight?

Now is it me or do I see a shiner on MH's right eye?

I wonder if the inmates in the county jail sucker punched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper