GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Sooner and SuzieQ. Im sorry a stroke got you Sooner. We often take our health and put it on the back burner. Then theres the sneak attack health stuff. This video has a couple of different things in the mans video. Nothing major.

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder....searched/50533333001/46629219001/675517364001

Awww Thanks...I just keep on trudging lol...I think you will find people here are the most compassionate and caring people you will find anywhere.

Hi all, new here.
Had to join! You guy’s are GOOD!

Not to throw a wrench into the car thing, because it seems, finally they have all been accounted for.
But did anyone else read this? Don’t know what to make of it?
---------
“Fowler and Donna both noticed a large silver pick-up they had never seen before was parked in front of Hoffman’s house since Wednesday. The truck was removed by law enforcement Sunday.”
Mount Vernon News

Hi all, new here.

Not to throw a wrench into the car thing, because it seems, finally they have all been accounted for.
---------
“Fowler and Donna both noticed a large silver pick-up they had never seen before was parked in front of Hoffman’s house since Wednesday. The truck was removed by law enforcement Sunday.”
Mount Vernon News
Welcome to WS!!! Excellent first post, btw!

Yes, and I've posted about it. JMO, but I think there's a good reason why it wasn't mentioned in today's presser. Since (according to DD or the other neighbor) LE impounded it, it surely has been or is being "processed". Just a guess, but maybe there is someone else involved in this heinous crime.

This article may have already been linked earlier but, MH's comment to investigators about the CO fire, gives us a little peek into his mindset
Documents show that Hoffman also said he wasn't worried about the other residents in the townhomes because it had "a good fire alarm".

We had some weird cases in the last couple years. This one is like out some book or movie.

It like he been playing a game with LE from the very beginning. I only seen cases like this on TV.

It make no sense to take the others...

With the one statement that he took a backpack in the wood and comes out without it really really bother me. he collects leaves :waitasec:

I really thinking bunker here.

Thanks for the welcome.
And the info, I was just wondering if anything else had come of that truck?
Like you said surely they have processed it.

:Welcome-12-june:
Hi all, new here.

---------
Mount Vernon News

:Welcome-12-june:

We had some weird cases in the last couple years. This one is like out some book or movie.

It like he been playing a game with LE from the very beginning. I only seen cases like this on TV.

With the one statement that he took a backpack in the wood and comes out without it really really bother me. he collects leaves :waitasec:

One far-fetched thought I had was related to his being a tree trimmer. Have LE looked up? I know, I know - way out there, but the thought did cross my mind. And if he is playing games, then the other three may not all be in the same location.

if it was a judge he is prolly sensitive to not wanting to prematurely sway the publics opinion of a suspect...

No, no. It wasn't the judge in this case. It was the Colorado judge in the arson case back in 2001 who said:

"All these sentences will run at the same time, so essentially you will serve eight years in prison," Thompson said. "I don't want to make it too long. I want you to have hope and to take advantage of the programs offered in prison."

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2001/jan/07/man_gets_eight/

I would bet that District Judge Thompson now regrets that decision.

I hear you, but did he have the physical/financial means to build/dig a bunker? Yes, he appears to be "buff" to be able to dig, but I would think an underground bunker (a "liveable" one) would require a bobcat or backhoe. I wonder if any of his rural neighbors ever loaned theirs to him, or he rented or even owned any such equipment? Or his former employer (tree trimming business...eeekkk..think of Zahra's case). Hmmmm.

Someone (on FB, I think?) posted that there's a dumpster in short walking distance of his home, and maybe he was disposing of his trash there. Normal trash, that is. Normal people, trying to reduce normal living expenses, might find ways to dispose of normal trash and burn normal trash.

But Hoffman ain't normal.

Hi all, new here.

---------
Mount Vernon News

He stole, borrowed or rented one since he was worried about his own car being connected? I know LE has stated no one else involved. But this info along with the distance between locations screams second person to me.

ETA: and where are my manners? Welcome to WS!

I have a dumb question (even though there's no such thing).

Did LE plan the K9 work (bringing in the dogs on the searches) in a methodical way...to first bring in dogs that find living people...and then the cadaver dogs to the same areas?

:(

Can a single dog do both kinds of searches?

(gosh...I hate to ask these kinda questions!)

I just pray no one will try to make a movie for theater or TV movie about this case, with as weird as it's been, that is the first thing that came to mind. Wasn't there a law or something passed saying criminals cannot profit off their crimes???

I know!!! I have been more and more concerned about the possibility that one or more of the 3 missing people may be held in some underground bunker somewhere!! This guy has a cruel streak a mile long, and I just keep asking myself why did he take all of them? The obvious answer I suppose would be that he didn't want to leave any witnesses. That doesn't make sense, however.... he could have just killed them and left their bodies at the home - like Joseph Duncan did with the Groene family - all except Shasta and Dylan. :( Do we have any maps posted of the area they are looking in? Has anyone seen a place that would be secluded enough to dig a bunker that this guy could easily get in and out of??

One far-fetched thought I had was related to his being a tree trimmer. Have LE looked up? I know, I know - way out there, but the thought did cross my mind. And if he is playing games, then the other three may not all be in the same location.

BBM

That scares the bejeezers out of me.

I hope his attorney is strongly advising/encouraging him to talk if he wants to save himself from the DP.

I hear you, but did he have the physical/financial means to build/dig a bunker? Yes, he appears to be "buff" to be able to dig, but I would think an underground bunker (a "liveable" one) would require a bobcat or backhoe. I wonder if any of his rural neighbors ever loaned theirs to him, or he rented or even owned any such equipment? Or his former employer (tree trimming business...eeekkk..think of Zahra's case). Hmmmm.

This may be a bit far-fetched, but his neighbors said he would walk to the park with a backpack. My ex-husband had a small military type shovel that would fold up to fit in his backpack. He could have dug a big hole over time, little by little.

has some THs on

Mike B. saying LE looking for anyone who may have seen all 3 vehicles - which are all accounted for - to let them know if they've seen them.

MH has lawyered up & no longer talking...bags of evidence....evidence on beer cans [really?]

JVM saying Stephanie's father said Stephanie spoke of fear of being followed & Stephanie "did not know this loner suspect" (JVM's words)

TH saying MH has 2 traits of sociopath - arson & cruelty to animals...thinks MH targeted all 4 together.

Mike B. talking about hammock in the trees.

JVM asking people to call if a neighbor is hanging out in trees & killing animals in backyard.

TH saying to report if ya have a feeling someone is following you.

Another TH saying don't lock up people because someone reports them.

He stole, borrowed or rented one since he was worried about his own car being connected? I know LE has stated no one else involved. But this info along with the distance between locations screams second person to me.

ETA: and where are my manners? Welcome to WS!

I don't know. I feel that he acted alone in this crime. The distance from the place where the pickup was parked and his home in Mt. Vernon is around 5 miles. That could be walked/jogged in around an hour or less for someone as fit as he appears. He purchased the stuff at Walmart, and after LE has spoken to Sarah, it would seem they would have mentioned they suspect someone else.

I know I said this earlier (and others have said it, too), but I think they got Sarah just in time. He seems too unstable to be able to keep her alive for long - I think he would have snapped had he known they were closing in on him. Hats off to LE for getting her without incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper