GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if we have any thing that might tie
Mathew Hoffman to any unsolved crimes around where he lived in OH, in
small towns. (PA,OH,IND,KY,CO)
He know he likes small towns, woods, arson.
MO, this crime ws not his first murder, kidnapping event.
He served time in Colorado for arson.
Especially in the last 2 years........TIA

bumping for passionflower

They linked her with Bruce Mendenhall.

Carmen Purpura's body has not been found, but the prosecutor said her blood soaked the seats in Bruce Mendenhall's cab, and that so much of her blood was there she could not possibly be alive.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,349848,00.html#ixzz15weNcB2q

Thanks. The photo threw me in that she IMO looked quite like SS. I didn't get time to read the article as I had to attend a school play shortly after I posted.

Hard to drag myself away from this one as MV is about an hour from me and my work takes me there about once a month or so.

So does that mean that they were all dismembered at Tina's house before being taken to the disposal site (the tree)? I can't help but think how fortunate Tina's boss is to be alive after climbing through a window and going into that house...

Nomoresorrow, Yes, I think that is the current thought- all was done in the house, but exact locations within the house for each victim have not yet been determined. I won't get detailed, out of respect for friends/family members, but there is a belief that the bathtub was involved. Sick, sick sub-human is what he is.

I would love to know where this rumor came from?.....any clues?..another site?.....I'd like to go review it if I could....

I believe this could very well be what happened...maybe not the initial attack...maybe the attack was more of a spree killing and while at it he decided to torture...at least mentally....a little girl....he got to kill a dog...would love to know how the dog died and if he was dismembered.....Joseph Duncan supposedly had extensive tapes of his attacks on the Groene kids...

I still would love to know how the cops "knew" that Sarah was at MH's house....they said they "knew" but were hoping that the rest of the family was there....

unless Sarah was able to somehow use the phone or alternatively, someone saw him take her inside...

the other idea I have....is it at all possible that he took her to Walmart with him?....do they have her and him on video?......remember how Duncan took little Shasta to the foodmart/gas station?......almost like he was flaunting that he had control of that little girl......

Oh no.... just when you think it can't get any worse!!! Ever since I read the rumor over on Topix about the ex-girlfriend's missing dogs, I have feared something like this. I was expecting photographs, but video?? If in fact, MH committed these murders in the manner we are beginning to understand, and videotaped it.... there is NO freaking way this is his first crime. Maybe we need a forum or at least a thread someplace to organize our thoughts and possible other cases??

I tried to have one in parking lot but I guess it was not appropriate?
Maybe looked like a forum?
I didn't man it to be. so if we find crimes that may have a connection to MH, we will have to put it here and sort through the posts.
In my gut I feel MH is a serial murderer............anyone who could kill an 11 year old boy????????//

Nomoresorrow, Yes, I think that is the current thought- all was done in the house, but exact locations within the house for each victim have not yet been determined. I won't get detailed, out of respect for friends/family members, but there is a belief that the bathtub was involved. Sick, sick sub-human is what he is.

This link states that it's believed that the murder occurred in the house.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...victims-were-stabbed-dismembered.html?sid=101

I think that by the time the deputy did the first welfare check, the three victims were likely deceased. If he suspected foul play and had called for back-up, Sarah may have been rescued quicker, and MH arrested before he had a chance to dispose of the victims. But, evidently there was nothing that aroused suspicion and without cause the deputy couldn't enter the home.

Agree totally. Just wondered about Sarah being found sooner....

TH's truck was still there both times the deputy came. We don't know what vehicle MH used for transport, but TH's truck was gone from her house the next day. And IIRC, neighbors (although the homes were not close together) did not remember seeing any suspicious vehicles or hearing anything. I would think he might have waited until very late to move the victims. All this leads me to believe he may very well have been there with Sarah at both deputy visits.

Another interesting thing I hadn't thought of... I am assuming that DQ mgr drove by not too long after the start of TH's 4pm shift (I, personally, have not seen documented anywhere what time DQ mgr drove by on Wed). Then she called the sheriff, who we know had a deputy visit at 8 and 11pm. All mention seeing TH's truck there on Wed, but I saw no mention of SS's vehicle. I realize police found it in TH's garage. I am ASSUMING MH put it there, because imo, it is unusual for a visiting friend to park her car in my garage, while mine is in the driveway or street. If that is the case, sounds like the attacks on the two women went down earlier than I had thought, and he had already hid SS's car before TH's shift was to start. JMO- conjecturing... I do NOT know for sure that SS didn't pull her car in the garage, it just seems unusual to me if she did. FWIW.

I tried to have one in parking lot but I guess it was not appropriate?
Maybe looked like a forum?
I didn't man it to be. so if we find crimes that may have a connection to MH, we will have to put it here and sort through the posts.
In my gut I feel MH is a serial murderer............anyone who could kill an 11 year old boy????????//

maybe y'all could come up with a keyword to use in posts about sleuthing other possible disappearances/murders...then to find them would only need to search for that word.

I wonder if he paid for those purchases with a credit card or check? If cash, I think it would only be an itemized listing of the purchases and the date. But if he used a credit card or check, there would be some sort of identification on the receipt..........credit card # with last 4 digits missing or check number/account number.

I think LE found the receipt in TH house or truck, and saw what was listed on it. He MUST have used a credit/debit card or check. If so, all they would need to have is the TRANSACTION number, and they could retrieve all the info in the computer at Walmart. IF he paid with cash, it would have the date/time info, and Walmart may have had security cameras wherein MH may have been shown on tape.

so I hear....but you know this town...alot of stuff gets made up, but so far, all has rang true. I wouldn't put it past him

I would love to know where this rumor came from?.....any clues?..another site?.....I'd like to go review it if I could....

I believe this could very well be what happened...maybe not the initial attack...maybe the attack was more of a spree killing and while at it he decided to torture...at least mentally....a little girl....he got to kill a dog...would love to know how the dog died and if he was dismembered.....Joseph Duncan supposedly had extensive tapes of his attacks on the Groene kids...

I still would love to know how the cops "knew" that Sarah was at MH's house....they said they "knew" but were hoping that the rest of the family was there....

unless Sarah was able to somehow use the phone or alternatively, someone saw him take her inside...

the other idea I have....is it at all possible that he took her to Walmart with him?....do they have her and him on video?......remember how Duncan took little Shasta to the foodmart/gas station?......almost like he was flaunting that he had control of that little girl......

You know I wondered that too. It could have been the DATE on the receipt that raised LE suspicions when they found it on thurs, and that led me to think that maybe he had Sarah with him, since LE was so positive he had Sarah in that house. However, IIRC, it was stated in one of the articles that the receipt was dated BEFORE Nov 10. I remember reading that, but don't have a link right now. Maybe someone else does. Either way, I still don't think he had Sarah at Walmart... It stuck out to me the way LE said they had information that she was in THAT house (meaning MH's). If she had been seen in Walmart only, he could have taken her anywhere. I still think someone in the neighborhood saw something and tipped off LE, and they are staying under wraps right now. My other theory is that MH's mother may have tipped them off. Just my musings...

VERY sad for me to think that LE did TWO welfare checks on Wed... one at 8pm and one at 11pm (according to timeline below, found on the media links page here on WS)... and MH was prolly inside with the victims. Not blaming the deputy at all- I don't think they can enter unless they hear/see evidence of foul play. I'm sure the deputy feels horrible :(

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...-missing-timeline-art-ghaajffr-1.html?sid=101

Respectfully, I disagree. If someone complained that TH didn't show up for work, there was a vehicle in the driveway, the lights were on, and yet no one answered the door, wouldn't that indicate that something was wrong? What was the point of the check otherwise? Now, if someone had answered the door and said everything is fine, I'd understand. But this was the second time he checked and still no one came to the door. There must have been something that could have been done legally to make sure everything was okay.

And yes, I sympathize with how the deputy must be feeling knowing what he does now. Maybe this tragedy will accomplish a change in procedure, but as it stands, it doesn't make sense to me.

JMO

WARNING: Please do not speculate or post rumors about what may have happened to Sarah. This is a victim friendly board and it is requested that you post compassionately in regards to this young girl.

There is plenty of information released by LE and the media to keep this story moving forward. There is no need to post rumors about this child.

Thank you,

Salem

Ok, Y'all, I am a lurker. I hardly ever post on any thread, but this one just hits too close to home. I have an 11 yr old son. If anyone were to ever do anything like this to him, I would go crazy I believe. So the following will be one rant and hopefully, I can get past my frustration and sadness and anger with this case to make sense and not get TO'd.

Who the heck does MH (And EB, AB, JVDS, JD, Couey, and all the other monsters out there) think he is?!! No one, NO ONE, NO ONE has the right to take anyone's life. What did Kody, Stephanie or Tina do to him? Did Stephanie or Tina refuse his advances? Tough crap! Put your big boy underoos on and take it like a man. They did nothing but go about their lives. He had no right to come into TINA'S house and kill her and her son and friend. He had NO RIGHT to take Sarah to his basement, gag her and tie her up. He had NO RIGHT to kill Tanner. What the heck did the dog do to him?! BUT ... while in jail, HE has the right to not say anything? HE has the right to protect himself from taking his own life by wearing a suicide gown? HE has the right to talk to his mom if he wants to? What about Sarah's right to talk to her mom? He has taken that right from her. You know, keep him in his suicide gown. HE didn't have the right to take those 3 people away from their families, and he doesn't have the right to take the COWARDS way out and take his own life. Let him sit in a court room and hear the victim impact statements. Let him walk into the courtroom and feel everyone's eyes on him and feel the feelings of disgust emanating from the families. Let him hear that a jury of his peers find him GUILTY of this crime. Again, no one has the right to take another person's life. I am usually on the fence about the DP, but this one, with it involving kids, fry him. I am praying that Sarah has the strength to get through this. I pray that she doesn't have to get in front of this piece of ... skin.... and tell a room full of strangers what she heard and what he did to her. But I also pray that the DP is not taken off the table, due to him telling LE where to find the bodies. If the DP is off the table, may he have to sit in a jail cell 23 hours a day (with unstable plumbing) and for the other hour, have cold showers and "Bubba" trying to get to know him better.

Ok, I think my rant is over. RIP Stephanie, Kody, Tina and Tanner.

Respectfully, I disagree. If someone complained that TH didn't show up for work, there was a vehicle in the driveway, the lights were on, and yet no one answered the door, wouldn't that indicate that something was wrong? What was the point of the check otherwise? Now, if someone had answered the door and said everything is fine, I'd understand. But this was the second time he checked and still no one came to the door. There must have been something that could have been done legally to make sure everything was okay.

And yes, I sympathize with how the deputy must be feeling knowing what he does now. Maybe this tragedy will accomplish a change in procedure, but as it stands, it doesn't make sense to me.

JMO

OT must be tired and not knowing what thread I was reading" TH"...was thinking Terri Horman. Oh my too many cases:furious:

LaWanda... I am glad you are a part of WS's, and it is nice to hear your opinion... it totally agrees with mine, by the way! MH is an egotistical maniac, and he should live in total isolation where he NEVER has a chance to glorify himself or make his deeds seem "amazing" or "impressive" to other people. I wish solitary confinement followed by a date with the needle to this guy. He cannot be rehabilitated. He must NEVER be out in society again. :furious::furious::furious:

yes what is lost in all of this is that he killed a little boy......how evil do you have to be to kill a little boy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20