Found Deceased OK - Aja Johnson, 7, Geronimo, 24 January 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree.

I just wish they would've been as eager to report about Aja when she was still "missing"...it seems now they can't wait to put out any little bit of info about they get their hands on...when before...well, we know what it was like before they found her.

I shouldn't complain, I know...it's just perplexing to see the complete turnaround / 360 in the reporting now.

I know exactly how you feel. I've been fuming about that since they were found. All of a sudden, everyone has something to say. How about those first 72 hours that were so critical??
Aja might be alive today if that were the case.

JTSYS.

A little more info Re: items found / possible COD

<snipped>

Aja Johnson’s abductor might have killed her by forcing her to drink antifreeze, her father said he was told last week by the state medical examiner’s office.

"I was told Lester cut off the bottle of antifreeze from the engine, and that was found lying in the seat next to him,” said J.J. Johnson, who buried his 7-year-old daughter this week in south Oklahoma City. "Why else would that bottle be there? And since there was no blunt force trauma to her body and head, it looks like he probably killed her with antifreeze.”

http://www.newsok.com/father-thinks...article/3452906?custom_click=headlines_widget

Seems more logical to me that this is the way he killed himself?

Seems more logical to me that this is the way he killed himself?

I agree.
Again- always the issue of reporting. No blunt force trauma? But 4-5 cuts deep enough to reach the cervical spine? JJ saying no injuries to head, etc? Mostly in advanced stage of decomp? Do folks know how antifreeze works in a human (or living animal) body? Where are the tox reports on Hobbs AND Aja?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Oriah.

eta: this might be considered graphic- "antifreeze" can come in several forms. Sometimes people are under the misunderstanding that the ethlene in traditional antifreeze will produce the same effects in humans as alcohol used for consumption. There is also another type of antifreeze that is formulated to NOT be toxic to humans/animals. It is typically found in colder climates and used for homes, trailers etc. Seems like Hobbs could've been drinking it for a few days as a sub for alcohol and then had some, err, neurological issues.
Also, where were the dead animal carcasess in the area from assumable animal activity re: Aja? DID they do a tox on Aja at ALL??

Ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) can be a favorite for the alcoholic who can't get alcohol...my guess is that Hobbs was drinking it because he couldn't get booze. Only problem is - it's poisonous. It will cause severe vomiting, kidney and heart failure, among other things. It provides an alcoholic high - I doubt he would share a DROP of it! moo Hope this link works.

http://books.google.com/books?id=i1...resnum=10&ved=0CDMQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Thanks eyes4crime- I was wondering if people realized that, thus my eta.
Thank you for posting a link.

Thanks eyes4crime- I was wondering if people realized that, thus my eta.
Thank you for posting a link.

I would be shocked if Hobbs used even one drop of his booze (ethylene glycol) to kill off Aja - so I'm left wondering what he did use and how she died.

Now I'm wondering if he drank the brake fluid! :eek:

I would as well.
I have a hard-core (years in recovery now) brother who was an alcoholic from age 13. He would've drank anything to keep his BAL up- no matter the consequence. I have been wondering about that since my post re: a dementia of sorts. DT's will do it. So will kidney and/or neurologic failures. All kinds of possibilities. This case has me up a wall. I really want to see some actual proof of seized items. I thought there were "no bottles recovered at the scene." JJ says it was 'laying beside Hobbs in the vehicle."
What's going on here, OSBI? Someone "lose" something, then "find" it after the fact?? Not that we'll ever know for sure, but a reminder to the OSBI that there were a LOT of people watching this situation implode.....and we want to know.
Oriah

I would as well.
I have a hard-core (years in recovery now) brother who was an alcoholic from age 13. He would've drank anything to keep his BAL up- no matter the consequence. I have been wondering about that since my post re: a dementia of sorts. DT's will do it. So will kidney and/or neurologic failures. All kinds of possibilities. This case has me up a wall. I really want to see some actual proof of seized items. I thought there were "no bottles recovered at the scene." JJ says it was 'laying beside Hobbs in the vehicle."
What's going on here, OSBI? Someone "lose" something, then "find" it after the fact?? Not that we'll ever know for sure, but a reminder to the OSBI that there were a LOT of people watching this situation implode.....and we want to know.
Oriah

Not sure I'm following you Oriah! Would like to say I'm glad to hear your brother has found sobriety - addiction is a terrible illness, an illness I feel that most people toss off as an intentional, careless, choice. When you say 'no bottles at the scene' are you referring to - bottles of empty booze - there was an empty water bottle found, I can't imagine LE would hide the fact of empty bottles of alcohol at the scene.

Are you thinking of something specific?

They did run tox screen's on Aja and Hobbs.

The independent pathologist that read the reports think Aja was killed from cuts to her neck.

Guess we will have to see what the toxicology reports come back saying.

I am guessing that was his pussy way of killing himself. Pardon the french.

Not sure I'm following you Oriah! Would like to say I'm glad to hear your brother has found sobriety - addiction is a terrible illness, an illness I feel that most people toss off as an intentional, careless, choice. When you say 'no bottles at the scene' are you referring to - bottles of empty booze - there was an empty water bottle found, I can't imagine LE would hide the fact of empty bottles of alcohol at the scene.

Are you thinking of something specific?

Sorry to confuse. I was referring to early reports that stated that there were no bottles, pills, weapons, etc found at the scene. Then a news article prints what is noted as the 'seized items' via some court document that had just been entered. I haven't seen the actual document. If I missed it somewhere, could someone please link it for me? Then JJ was quoted in another article as saying he was told there was an empty bottle of what might have contained antifreeze in it laying next to Hobbs when found. Then in the listed tems, it has the regular water/soda bottles listed. It also lists the knife on the dash, and the rope, when earlier there were no weapons but speculation of ligature marks on Aja. No ligature marks noted on the prelim ME report.
So....I was just wondering how such a simple list of seized items could be so, ummm, confusing- kwim? A knife on the dashboard seems somewhat...obvious to me? I don't know- maybe I am just burnt on the poor reporting of this case.

Oh and thanks for your kind word on my bro. Yes, addition is a disasterous thing. While clean for years now, he still struggles to put his life back in place and make right all the wrongs he did during all those years. It is ugly, indeed.

Oriah
Were we to assume that 'no bottle or pills found at the scene' implied alcohol?

We all know what happens when we 'assume'....... :)

They did run tox screen's on Aja and Hobbs.

The independent pathologist that read the reports think Aja was killed from cuts to her neck.

Guess we will have to see what the toxicology reports come back saying.

I am guessing that was his pussy way of killing himself. Pardon the french.

Darlin gal do you have a link to the independent pathology report? I would love to see it.
Thanks.

I'm right there with you, initial reports were no weapons found, so, what, the knife on the dash was a plastic butter knife and they figured it couldn't be used as a weapon (which they can be by the way),
Is this bad reporting or bad investigation in this instance? Or both?

I'm right there with you, initial reports were no weapons found, so, what, the knife on the dash was a plastic butter knife and they figured it couldn't be used as a weapon (which they can be by the way),
Is this bad reporting or bad investigation in this instance? Or both?

Both IMO.

(And any LE that assumes something such as a plastic knife can't be used as a deadly weapon?? clearly never flew in or out of a commercial airport post 9/11....)

Sorry to confuse. I was referring to early reports that stated that there were no bottles, pills, weapons, etc found at the scene. Then a news article prints what is noted as the 'seized items' via some court document that had just been entered. I haven't seen the actual document. If I missed it somewhere, could someone please link it for me? Then JJ was quoted in another article as saying he was told there was an empty bottle of what might have contained antifreeze in it laying next to Hobbs when found. Then in the listed tems, it has the regular water/soda bottles listed. It also lists the knife on the dash, and the rope, when earlier there were no weapons but speculation of ligature marks on Aja. No ligature marks noted on the prelim ME report.
So....I was just wondering how such a simple list of seized items could be so, ummm, confusing- kwim? A knife on the dashboard seems somewhat...obvious to me? I don't know- maybe I am just burnt on the poor reporting of this case.

Oh and thanks for your kind word on my bro. Yes, addition is a disasterous thing. While clean for years now, he still struggles to put his life back in place and make right all the wrongs he did during all those years. It is ugly, indeed.

Oriah
Were we to assume that 'no bottle or pills found at the scene' implied alcohol?

We all know what happens when we 'assume'....... :)

I got it now! Sorry, sometimes it takes me a while! With the knife and the marks on Aja's neck, seems likely he cut her and maybe she bled out? She could have died from asphyxiation - but somehow that seems too personal and also lacks the violence and torture Hobbs likes so much.. moo.

Death from Ethylene glycol can usually be determined at autopsy by finding crystal like formations in the tubuels of the kidney but the decomp was so advanced in this case, I'm not sure that was possible. (see link)
http://books.google.com/books?id=i1i...page&q&f=false

LE may want to hide how Aja died, but we will figure it out. She is our little Aja and we all love her dearly. She will get justice! :hug:

Pathologist: Aja Johnson Likely Died After Having Throat Cut

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12274584

Thank you again, darlin gal...but again- just a news report. I'll file for the report myself and see if we can't get the actual copy once the tox comes back.
At the very least, they are now acknowledging conflicting reports, and essentially- not confirming anything.

Oriah

I got it now! Sorry, sometimes it takes me a while! With the knife and the marks on Aja's neck, seems likely he cut her and maybe she bled out? She could have died from asphyxiation - but somehow that seems too personal and also lacks the violence and torture Hobbs likes so much.. moo.

Death from Ethylene glycol can usually be determined at autopsy by finding crystal like formations in the tubuels of the kidney but the decomp was so advanced in this case, I'm not sure that was possible. (see link)
http://books.google.com/books?id=i1i...page&q&f=false

LE may want to hide how Aja died, but we will figure it out. She is our little Aja and we all love her dearly. She will get justice! :hug:

Guess I'm a little impatient for it at this point. :(
But you are absolutely right- it will come one way or another.

Jeez...I'm still perplexed as to how the car was not in the vicinity where found 9 days after they went missing. Seems like that should be notated somewhere when pinpointing the TOD.

But I'll hush up now.

Oriah

Aja, honey- bump bumping here. Would like to see some official print on your COD so we can help prevent other beautiful children from suffering as you did.
Tox, anyone? Final ME report?

You are thought of every day, Aja.

Peace.
Oriah

The autopsy reports that Aja died in a &#8220;violent, unusual or unnatural&#8221; manner indicating she suffered cuts to her neck. Nonetheless, the report does not identify a cause of death as of yet.

Oriah - this is all that I can find for now, either a 'preliminary' autopsy or a 'partial' final one. Must be waiting for the results of the tox screens - that can take weeks or even months. Hobbs most likely drank the ethylene glycol for the alcoholic high, and maybe the brake fluid, but as to the other fluids in a car, I really don't know. Maybe tox is testing all of them.

I'm with you Oriah, I can't get over the idea that beautiful, little Aja could have been found earlier and possibly saved from this kind of inhuman death. mho

Slain Girls Shared Same DHS Worker
Yolanda Hunter Worked With Aja Johnson, Kelsey Briggs

<snipped>

J.J. Johnson said he knew about Kelsey Briggs and followed the story of her death closely. He said he couldn't believe that the same woman working with Briggs, Yolanda Hunter, also worked with his daughter.

"I was scared to death when I found out she was handling Aja's case," he said. "I was just absolutely terrified."

He said that instead of allowing Aja to live with him, Hunter put her with stepfather Lester Hobbs, the man accused of killing her.

"There were accusations made that he was mistreating Aja, feeding her jalapeno peppers and stuff," he said. "I brought this to Ms. Hunter's attention. But as usual, it was just dust in the wind."

"It makes you sick, and this is the thing," Kathie Briggs said. "We know she was involved in Kelsey's case and Kelsey died. We know she was involved in Aja's case and Aja eventually died."

The DHS confirmed Wednesday that Hunter still is an employee, but did not say whether any disciplinary action had been taken.

It also sent a statement that said, "We are not pointing fingers at any party, but instead, we are clarifying we are part of a system designed to protect children. All OKDHS services are designed to build a safety net around vulnerable children and families."

lots more at link

http://www.koco.com/mostpopular/23154473/detail.html

Still thinking of you Aja...I'm glad to see your daddy is not keeping quiet and fighting for justice for his little girl!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back