Found Deceased OK - Aja Johnson, 7, Geronimo, 24 January 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hobbs moved to Geronimo about a month ago to stay with his sister and her husband; after living with them for a week, he purchased the camper trailer and moved it to the home’s yard where he began to live in it. Tonya Hobbs would travel in her 1992 Toyota Paseo from Oklahoma City to visit her estranged husband in his camper.

She was visiting him while he was staying at his sister's.

http://daily.lawton-constitution.co...MDEwMA==&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom

id just like to thank all of you who did your best to find aja. i know i sound like an angry jerk alot of the time but i was touched by everything you guys did.

WOW...just WOW! Reading the last few pages makes me sad!

Back to Aja...

The conflicting reports from media to LE have been excessive in this case since day 1. It started with Aja's name and age, to the car and description, and now no weapons to found weapons. There were many more inconsistencies / discrepancies throughout, but didn't feel the need to list them all...I'm just wondering what's going on...is it LE or media, or both?

Something stinks here...especially in light of the search warrants.

I remember reading a SW early on, but of course it wasn't the returned one referenced in this most recent article (thanks Darlin Gal)...but I don't recall seeing anything about computers on there...just cell phones.

I'll have to go back and dig it up...

Back to Aja...

The conflicting reports from media to LE have been excessive in this case since day 1. It started with Aja's name and age, to the car and description, and now no weapons to found weapons. There were many more inconsistencies / discrepancies throughout, but didn't feel the need to list them all...I'm just wondering what's going on...is it LE or media, or both?

I remember reading a SW early on, but of course it wasn't the returned one referenced in this most recent article (thanks Darlin Gal)...but I don't recall seeing anything about computers on there...just cell phones.

The last news conference when Aja was found, the OSBI guy said they served multiple search warrants.

The items that were listed on the earlier search warrant were just items that were taken from the RV. Since he didn't have a computer, that wouldn't have been on that warrant.

I am sure they served a warrant on all his relatives computers. They also had track and trace put on their phones and vehicles from what I understood. Which meant several different kinds of warrants. If they are not under seal and are now public record, they are probably available if the media or a local wanted to get a copy of them.

Her name and age the first day could have been a typo or was written down/entered incorrectly. People (even LE and NCMEC) do make mistakes. Having her name spelled exact and her age (she had just turned 7) wouldn't have found her any easier, the picture is the most important. jmo

I think there is a lot of information that is plain crappy reporting. I also think a lot of questions, which depending on who media asks - gets different answers. Different LE agencies may give different answers. A spokesperson may answer different than a detective. That leads to a lot of mis-information and mistakes.

All just my opinion.

I do feel I understand battered women's syndrome to at least some degree. And I completely understand that it is human nature, especially in children, to choose the known over the unknown, even if the known entails abuse.

And I could accept that Tonya was too terrorized to protect herself, much less Aja, if they all lived in the same home. But they didn't. Tonya lived 100 miles from Hobbs, and Aja didn't live with her. So how could he be terrorizing her from such a distance, to the extent of compelling her to lie about where she was taking Aja?

Moreover, the comparison you make with abused children is incongruent because Tonya did comprehend the danger to herself and Aja, hence the application for the restraining order.

Please know I am not attacking your views or arguing for its own sake. I am asking these questions because I am really trying to grasp Tonya's thinking and I just don't. I know enough about battered women's syndrome to understand, for example, the "I deserved the beating because I didn't get the house clean enough" warped logic or the "He promised never to do it again and everything will be all right now!" over and over again, despite historical proof to the contrary, warped logic.
But I just cannot come up with any logic, however warped, to explain Tonya's putting Aja in Hobbs' presence. And for reasons that continue to escape me, I am finding it difficult to let go of this case until I do.

That's it, right there. Hobbs could have been in California or Alaska or Timbucktu and called Tonya and because of what she had experienced in the past and the trauma associated with the chemical and emotional makeup of her brain because of it, would have felt 'sorry' for him and think she wanted to have a 'one last thing' with him. IMO, she was evidently trying to climb out of the place she was in with the court documents, restraining orders, etc. I don't know what else to say, except that battered women simply do not think the way a healthy person thinks.

Oriah

Back to Aja...

IMO, it is both.

The last news conference when Aja was found, the OSBI guy said they served multiple search warrants.

The items that were listed on the earlier search warrant were just items that were taken from the RV. Since he didn't have a computer, that wouldn't have been on that warrant.

I am sure they served a warrant on all his relatives computers. They also had track and trace put on their phones and vehicles from what I understood. Which meant several different kinds of warrants. If they are not under seal and are now public record, they are probably available if the media or a local wanted to get a copy of them.

Her name and age the first day could have been a typo or was written down/entered incorrectly. People (even LE and NCMEC) do make mistakes. Having her name spelled exact and her age (she had just turned 7) wouldn't have found her any easier, the picture is the most important. jmo

I think there is a lot of information that is plain crappy reporting. I also think a lot of questions, which depending on who media asks - gets different answers. Different LE agencies may give different answers. A spokesperson may answer different than a detective. That leads to a lot of mis-information and mistakes.
All just my opinion.

Agree entirely, darlin.

dont forget, she was 'bi polar'

right.....

Tanya? Don't remember ever reading Tanya was bipolar - way back in the beginning, I do remember reading she was in and out of the hospital - something about clots in her stomach? Sorry, not sure. I thought that to be the result of Hobbs punching her. moo

Regarding Aja - she was ADHD and on medication. moo

Norman police obtained warrants to search Lester Hobbs; 1992 Toyota Paseo and the land adjacent to the vehicle on March 29.

Detectives seized the following items from the car:
Three sections of rope
Two knives
Three automotive hand tools
Fifteen articles of clothing
Assorted papers from driver side visor, console and glove box
Two pair of footwear
Two seat covers
One booster seat
Four beverage containers
Four bags/purses
Assorted loose items: pens, change, trash, etc.
Remains of a spare tire cover
Latent prints
Hoses and clamps
One wheel cover

Detectives seized the following items from the field:
Automobile engine coolant reservoir
Red plastic candy bag
Crumpled paper
One piece of blue fabric
Red mechanic rag
Empty plastic water bottle
Section of spare tire cover
Four-way tire tool
Silver sequin blouse
Elementary notepaper with writing
Soil samples
Plastic measuring cup
One old hunting boot
One old gray shirt

Detectives found a knife and note on the vehicle’s dashboard.

Detectives are waiting for complete autopsy reports from the Medical Examiner’s Office. The reports are expected to be ready in two to five weeks.

http://normantranscript.com/headlin...ecovered-from-car-field-in-missing-child-case

Tanya? Don't remember ever reading Tanya was bipolar - way back in the beginning, I do remember reading she was in and out of the hospital - something about clots in her stomach? Sorry, not sure. I thought that to be the result of Hobbs punching her. moo

I seem to remember early reports that Aja was bipolar, then later that was changed to ADHD.

the first amber alert on aja got her name and age wrong, and also said she was 'bi polar' not adhd

Had to start reading at the beginning of thread one. Just couldn't understand why she took Aja to Geronimo. Then I read that her 13 year old daughter is Hobb's child. Jaw dropped to the floor. Tonya had known him since she was 22, 23 years old!

That explains everything. Ongoing abusive relationship for over a decade! Poor Tonya, she was blind to any decent opportunities that could have come her way because she obsessed with that loser.

Aja's father looks and sounds so nice. I feel so sorry for him, one lapse of good judgement & a life time of pain. I'll never forget him telling folks about Aja's stove in her room & how she was cooking breakfast for daddy. Crying shame.

Thanks as usual Darlin Gal for the article link! Here's another article re: search warrants, from today...has some very disturbing information from Aja's daddy...(I know, I know, I shouldn't be shocked at any thoughts of Hobbs potential, but...)

<snipped>

Aja's father, J.J. Johnson, says he believes he knows what happened.

"A coolant reservoir is where the overflow of the antifreeze goes. I noticed he had a large knife on top of that car. I figured he used that to cut that container off with that and poured it into some soda pop or something and gave it to Aja."

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-search-warrents-release-aja-story,0,2542646.story

You're right! I've forgotten how wrong everything was in the beginning of this case.

Things have been wrong throughout this entire case.
Thank you eyes, for the reminder of that to everyone.

Oriah

Thanks as usual Darlin Gal for the article link! Here's another article re: search warrants, from today...has some very disturbing information from Aja's daddy...(I know, I know, I shouldn't be shocked at any thoughts of Hobbs potential, but...)

<snipped>

Aja's father, J.J. Johnson, says he believes he knows what happened.

"A coolant reservoir is where the overflow of the antifreeze goes. I noticed he had a large knife on top of that car. I figured he used that to cut that container off with that and poured it into some soda pop or something and gave it to Aja."

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-search-warrents-release-aja-story,0,2542646.story

Darlin, thank you also for your links. I believe info will be coming and going, represented correctly and misrepresented for sometime to come, until they get the final ME report and close the case. And even then....we may never know what actually happened.

Oriah

A little more info Re: items found / possible COD

<snipped>

Aja Johnson&#8217;s abductor might have killed her by forcing her to drink antifreeze, her father said he was told last week by the state medical examiner&#8217;s office.

"I was told Lester cut off the bottle of antifreeze from the engine, and that was found lying in the seat next to him,&#8221; said J.J. Johnson, who buried his 7-year-old daughter this week in south Oklahoma City. "Why else would that bottle be there? And since there was no blunt force trauma to her body and head, it looks like he probably killed her with antifreeze.&#8221;

http://www.newsok.com/father-thinks...article/3452906?custom_click=headlines_widget

Darlin, thank you also for your links. I believe info will be coming and going, represented correctly and misrepresented for sometime to come, until they get the final ME report and close the case. And even then....we may never know what actually happened.

Oriah

I agree.

I just wish they would've been as eager to report about Aja when she was still "missing"...it seems now they can't wait to put out any little bit of info about they get their hands on...when before...well, we know what it was like before they found her.

I shouldn't complain, I know...it's just perplexing to see the complete turnaround / 360 in the reporting now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back