Found Deceased OK - Aja Johnson, 7, Geronimo, 24 January 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oriah - I agree with you, but I also want to point out that this is a double edged sword, especially when working with DHS/CPS. When you make a lot of noise in family court, you could be adding a lot of TIME to a case. Social Services doesn't like it when you make noise and will hamper your efforts to protect the child. It can drag out for what seems like forever. I have such mixed feelings about this because sometimes, I believe it can hinder, instead of help.

If you can afford a good attorney and/or a PI in some cases, you will have better results. If you can not, and you do not know the legal system well, you can shoot yourself in the foot, which means the child stays in the unsafe placement.
However, if you don't have money, then it is absolutely NECESSARY that you have a GAL or CASA assigned to the case and that you make sure they like you. You will need help.
Salem

Salem, I understand and agree entirely...and hate to see children in bad or dangerous placements for a second longer than necessary. I have been a GAL in three states and seen some cases go on forever and others clear up immediately due to noise on behalf of the family and/or GAL in family court...then seen others end up in criminal AND family court just to do the same thing...linger.
There's got to be a better way to get these kids to a safe place asap.

Wish I knew what it was.

Oriah

Salem, I understand and agree entirely...and hate to see children in bad or dangerous placements for a second longer than necessary. I have been a GAL in three states and seen some cases go on forever and others clear up immediately due to noise on behalf of the family and/or GAL in family court...then seen others end up in criminal AND family court just to do the same thing...linger.
There's got to be a better way to get these kids to a safe place asap.

Wish I knew what it was.

Oriah

under ground railroad for abused and endangered kids.

Bumping for you, Aja.
Where's that tox report?? Final rule on COD?

You're never forgotten, sweet child.

Oriah

Bumpity bump, Aja. Why have you dropped out of the news, sweetie? I hope with all of my heart that your community and those who loved you so dearly are managing day by day to heal a tiny bit. My heart goes out to ya'll.

Though it may seem justice here on earth has been done, we still want to work hard to prevent other innocent children from falling through the 'cracks' in the system. I know the wonderful people who helped us look for you will contine to help us in the search for other missing children. We'll be back in OK in no time- a beautiful state, with some very wonderful people.

Your tox results really should be in by now, as well as a final rule on your COD. If anyone catches this in the media anywhere, please post?

Thanks-
Oriah

NewsOn6's OK Impact reporting team absolutely scorches OSBI for its failure in this and other cases
OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker]
---
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma. But the agency's track record is being questioned by a state legislator. His questions put the agency on the defensive.
---
The Aja Johnson Case

In March, after 7-year-old Aja Johnson was found dead with her alleged kidnapper, State Representative Richard Morrissette challenged OSBI's track record.

"We need to get to the bottom of this and find out what's going on at OSBI," said Morrissette.

Jessica Brown with the OSBI was quick to defend the agency.

"We had our people working 18 hour days, continuously, 7 days a week through ice storms. We should be getting accolades for doing as much as we did," said Brown.

But family members of Lester Hobbs, the man accused of kidnapping Aja, say the OSBI blew it by failing to send an agent to a particular cemetery. Three of Hobbs' relatives claim they each gave investigators the information they needed to catch Hobbs there the very night Aja went missing.

"I told them who I was and where I believed Lester would go," said Twila, a relative of Hobbs who didn't want us to use her last name. "To my grandparents' grave on 108th and Highway Nine, the Denver Cemetery... and that's exactly what I told him."

Two months later Aja Johnson and Lester Hobbs were found dead less than a mile from the cemetery.

"They would have caught him turning on this road. They would have caught him before he had a chance to do that little girl any harm or him any harm," said Twila.

"It wasn't no hunch. It's a fact that he would come here because if he would have done something as terrible as he did then he would come tell his mom and dad about it," said Eugene Hobbs, Lester Hobbs' nephew.

According to the OSBI, they looked everywhere.

"We were given hundreds of leads. They should be there. They should be there," said Jessica Brown with the OSBI.

But Brown says the conversations about the cemetery never happened.

"I don't think we ever got that information," said Brown.
---

and do not miss it - much, much more, at
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379331

NewsOn6's OK Impact reporting team absolutely scorches OSBI for its failure in this and other cases
OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker]
---
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma. But the agency's track record is being questioned by a state legislator. His questions put the agency on the defensive.
---
The Aja Johnson Case

In March, after 7-year-old Aja Johnson was found dead with her alleged kidnapper, State Representative Richard Morrissette challenged OSBI's track record.

"We need to get to the bottom of this and find out what's going on at OSBI," said Morrissette.

Jessica Brown with the OSBI was quick to defend the agency.

"We had our people working 18 hour days, continuously, 7 days a week through ice storms. We should be getting accolades for doing as much as we did," said Brown.

But family members of Lester Hobbs, the man accused of kidnapping Aja, say the OSBI blew it by failing to send an agent to a particular cemetery. Three of Hobbs' relatives claim they each gave investigators the information they needed to catch Hobbs there the very night Aja went missing.

"I told them who I was and where I believed Lester would go," said Twila, a relative of Hobbs who didn't want us to use her last name. "To my grandparents' grave on 108th and Highway Nine, the Denver Cemetery... and that's exactly what I told him."

Two months later Aja Johnson and Lester Hobbs were found dead less than a mile from the cemetery.

"They would have caught him turning on this road. They would have caught him before he had a chance to do that little girl any harm or him any harm," said Twila.

"It wasn't no hunch. It's a fact that he would come here because if he would have done something as terrible as he did then he would come tell his mom and dad about it," said Eugene Hobbs, Lester Hobbs' nephew.

According to the OSBI, they looked everywhere.

"We were given hundreds of leads. They should be there. They should be there," said Jessica Brown with the OSBI.

But Brown says the conversations about the cemetery never happened.

"I don't think we ever got that information," said Brown.
---

and do not miss it - much, much more, at
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379331

Thanks for the news link, wfgdot.

What kills me the most about this case is the possibility that Aja could possibly have been found before irreversible harm had been done to her.

I would like to see LE make the tox results and final ME report available. I realize they feel the case is closed, and realize they have been under tremendous pressure to answer to the public and private sectors re: violent crime cases in OK... but these sorts of results are the things we need to hear for our OWN closure.

Aja, honey- you will never be forgotten.

Oriah

Aja will always have a place in my heart, thoughts, actions and prayers.

Aja will always have a place in my heart - she is so very special and deserved to have a protected and loving life. Caskets should never have to be so small.

Aja will always have a place in my heart - she is so very special and deserved to have a protected and loving life. Caskets should never have to be so small.

That is about one of the truest things I've ever heard. :(

JTSYS

OUTRAGED. I reported sighting a man resembling Hobbs two months or so before bodies found. Local cops whined, "Oh, we don't have a machine for reading them [fingerprints off a paper bag he'd handled that I offered as evidence]. We'd have to send them off and it would be 3 weeks before we'd get results. And he'd be long gone by then." so they did nothing. I wasn't absolutely certain it was Lester Hobbs --prints would have cleared that up, one way or another. Is it any wonder he wasn't caught with such slipshod police attitudes? I still have the evidence, but no one seems to want it. IF we could prove Hobbs was here, it might open a new can of worms.

OUTRAGED. I reported sighting a man resembling Hobbs two months or so before bodies found. Local cops whined, "Oh, we don't have a machine for reading them [fingerprints off a paper bag he'd handled that I offered as evidence]. We'd have to send them off and it would be 3 weeks before we'd get results. And he'd be long gone by then." so they did nothing. I wasn't absolutely certain it was Lester Hobbs --prints would have cleared that up, one way or another. Is it any wonder he wasn't caught with such slipshod police attitudes? I still have the evidence, but no one seems to want it. IF we could prove Hobbs was here, it might open a new can of worms.

I feel outraged along with you!! Thank you so much for taking the time to turn in evidence to help find Aja. Hard to believe LE treated your contribution as a 'bother' to them. Many of us here on the thread thought Aja and Hobbs to be alive - that was based on a couple things such as social sites.

Where did you think you saw Hobbs? What kind of bag? I'm once again heartbroken that this case was swept under the rug and as you put it - handled in a slipshod way.

A big 'thank you' for all your efforts! :blowkiss:

I feel outraged along with you!! Thank you so much for taking the time to turn in evidence to help find Aja. Hard to believe LE treated your contribution as a 'bother' to them. Many of us here on the thread thought Aja and Hobbs to be alive - that was based on a couple things such as social sites.
Where did you think you saw Hobbs? What kind of bag? I'm once again heartbroken that this case was swept under the rug and as you put it - handled in a slipshod way.

A big 'thank you' for all your efforts! :blowkiss:

Bolded by me- we were 100% certain they were alive and were broken hearted to learn that so many leads were not followed when the life of a child was at sake.

Rest in peace, Aja.

JTSYS

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The state Medical Examiner's office said Friday that a man accused of abducting a 7-year-old girl who later was found dead committed suicide by ingesting antifreeze.

The agency released its autopsy findings on 46-year-old Lester Hobbs on Friday. The nine-page report says Hobbs died of acute ethylene glycol intoxication. Ethylene glycol is a primary ingredient of automobile antifreeze.

http://www.koco.com/news/23489070/detail.html

I hope it was a long slow painful process.....MOO

Such a frickin coward.
Does antifreeze make you feel drunk? If so, he most likely enjoyed it. !

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The state Medical Examiner's office said Friday that a man accused of abducting a 7-year-old girl who later was found dead committed suicide by ingesting antifreeze.

The agency released its autopsy findings on 46-year-old Lester Hobbs on Friday. The nine-page report says Hobbs died of acute ethylene glycol intoxication. Ethylene glycol is a primary ingredient of automobile antifreeze.

Coward murdering *advertiser censored*! I hope he suffered. Still isn't justice though.

Ethylene glycol antifreeze has a sweet taste that can contribute to its accidental ingestion or its deliberate use as a murder weapon. Symptoms of antifreeze poisoning include severe diarrhea and vomiting; usually farther into the intoxication, signs of delirium, paranoia and intense hallucinations manifest

That is exactly what I thought he had done. Lower than a worm's belly. :furious:

The clinical presentation of ethylene glycol poisoning is classically described in three stages. Neurological manifestations are apparent within 0.5–12 h of ingestion and include inebriation in the absence of detectable ethanol on breath or in blood, nausea, vomiting, nystagmus, papilledema, depressed reflexes, convulsions, and coma. Cardiopulmonary manifestations may be observed 12–24 h after ingestion and may include tachypnea, tachycardia, hypertension, pulmonary edema, and congestive heart failure. Renal complications are generally a late feature, occurring 24–72 h after ingestion, and consist of flank pain, costovertebral angle tenderness, oliguria, and renal failure.

J.J. Johnson held tight Monday to what might be his last — and perhaps most precious — connection to his slain daughter, Aja.

Inside a brown paper bag, Johnson held the 7-year-old’s slightly stained, stuffed Winnie The Pooh.
"This means a lot to me,” Johnson said. "I bought this for her when she was only 1 year old. Look, it sings a little song and everything.”
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Agent-In-Charge Richard Goss gave Johnson the bear at the agency’s Lawton headquarters.
Investigators found it Jan. 24 inside the Geronimo trailer home of Aja’s killer, Lester William Hobbs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back