Found Safe OK - Alyssa, 15, & Adalyn Ross, 8 mos, Yukon, 26 Apr 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
in more conservative states, if you receive any help, even WIC, they ask that you give up father's info and file on him. in CA they only do so for cash aid.

No. If the baby's father is a young minor, then his parents could be on the hook for CS.
It's possible she isn't receiving CS at all right now, depending on whether or not Adalyn is on Medicaid and/or Alyssa officially filed for support. Some families do CS informally if the relationship is a good one

No. If the baby's father is a young minor, then his parents could be on the hook for CS.
It's possible she isn't receiving CS at all right now, depending on whether or not Adalyn is on Medicaid and/or Alyssa officially filed for support. Some families do CS informally if the relationship is a good one-- or they don't ask for any CS at all because they don't want the baby's dad to try to file for any formal custody.
It's different in every state and different situations can be complicated.

No, I am talking about Alyssa's dad, not baby Adalyn's father. MSM articles stated her parents are separated so I am asking if Alyssa's dad would have to pay double child support?

You're saying if Adalyn's father is a minor than his parents might have to pay CS so does that mean Alyssa's father would pay double CS-- for Alyssa AND for Adalyn?

I'm very curious simply about the laws surrounding this situation.

No Alyssa's father would not have to pay double child support... that is what my first sentence was referring to, sorry. I have never heard of that. That would make Alyssa's "side" responsible for both "halfs" of Adalyn's financial needs.... you see what I mean?

The lack of information in this case is mind-boggling.

No Alyssa's father would not have to pay double child support... that is what my first sentence was referring to, sorry. I have never heard of that. That would make Alyssa's "side" responsible for both "halfs" of Adalyn's financial needs.... you see what I mean?

Yes, in a sense but not saying that both halves are covered by Alyssa's parents. I'm saying that both Adalyn's grandparents (Alyssa's parents & father's parents) would be responsible for CS. But Alyssa's dad isn't in the home, so I guess what I'm saying is ... would Alyssa's dad maybe not pay double but at least split CS costs of Adalyn with Alyssa's mom???

Thanks for answering my questions, sorry if it's a stupid inquiry. And if it's off topic.

Tulsa County is across the state from Yukon (Canadian County). I wouldn't think they could do anything regarding a Canadian County resident there.

no,he woyuld likely not be ordered to pay for the baby. if they couldn't get the father or in the even that he was a minor, his parents to pay then she would just have a deadbeat side racking up past due support. however, he might voluntarily help.

also, two kids doesn't necessarily double your support. the first child gets the bigger slice then the rest after that get a percentage.

Yes, in a sense but not saying that both halves are covered by Alyssa's parents. I'm saying that both Adalyn's grandparents (Alyssa's parents & father's parents) would be responsible for CS. But Alyssa's dad isn't in the home, so I guess what I'm saying is ... would Alyssa's dad maybe not pay double but at least split CS costs of Adalyn with Alyssa's mom???

Thanks for answering my questions, sorry if it's a stupid inquiry. And if it's off topic.

Maybe she thought she could get married because she has a child, even though that's not the case in Oklahoma as I read it? Could she have gotten married with just her father signing for her? Even if said marriage might not be legal without both parents signing or parent with actual custody? Just a thought, an idea that might explain why she was at the court house? (I haven't seen an explanation for the possible sighting anywhere. My apologies if it was already proved false.) (Hope I linked to the OK marriage info correctly. Pretty new to posting at WS)

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/oklahoma-law/oklahoma-marriage-age-requirements-laws.html
In Oklahoma, you must be 18 before applying for a marriage license without parental approval, and as young as 16 with written parental consent. If a minor under 16 is pregnant or has a child, he or she may get married through a court order and parental consent (or consent by legal guardian).

She didn't take her inhaler. She has asthma. That makes me think she isn't a runaway. I live in Muldrow, the small town where she's from. She went to school here until she got pregnant. Then they moved to Yukon. Everyone in Muldrow believes she's with the baby's father but her family is insisting that they've been thouroughly investigated. The first thing I thought of when I saw the story was human trafficking. I know it's a much bigger problem in Oklahoma, specifically the OKC area than people realize

She didn't take her inhaler. She has asthma. That makes me think she isn't a runaway. I live in Muldrow, the small town where she's from. She went to school here until she got pregnant. Then they moved to Yukon. Everyone in Muldrow believes she's with the baby's father but her family is insisting that they've been thouroughly investigated. The first thing I thought of when I saw the story was human trafficking. I know it's a much bigger problem in Oklahoma, specifically the OKC area than people realize

Is it known who the baby's father is? Is he the same age as Alyssa? I'm wondering if he could drive and/or have $ from a job.

Tulsa County is across the state from Yukon (Canadian County). I wouldn't think they could do anything regarding a Canadian County resident there.

The only thing that could make sense is if someone thought by going to the Tulsa courthouse it may fool the judge somehow because the judge there would have no knowledge of any previous OKC history and if she or him or they or someone controlling her had already tried to do something in the OKC courthouse then they may have tried to avoid that courthouse and tried with a different judge.

It sure is scary that the FB alleged witness seems to be certain she saw her and the scary part is the judge was related to child or parent custody or marriage type issues.

It could make sense. Glad the witness at least tried to contact someone. Just wish authorities would have worked with her through to the end for a resolution of whether it was really her or not.

Its so frustrating to see time and time again where someone tries to do the right thing and then when they get up the nerve to finally make a call to authorities then the person on the line just passes the buck and doesnt stay with the person till they get some real help.

The example that I am thinking about was not too long ago where I think someone called 911 and just because it was not their jurisdiction the 911 operator told them they had to call another LE department. They needed to keep them on the line and make the connection themselves and then transfer the call while the person is on the line. Not just say they have the wrong city or wrong jurisdiction.

People are willing to try to help but when authorities begin to make it difficult for people to help then its no wonder people will just give up and say to themselves. "If authorities dont care then why should I care".

Ive seen this sort of thing happen too many times to people trying to help out and they get the buck passed on them. We have to do better. The way I look at it is if someone takes the time to give authorities a call then please stay with them until a resolution to the persons satisfaction happens. Or at least call them back with a status update the following day or something.

With a baby? What are they going to do with a baby?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm worried for her and little Adalyn... :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08