GUILTY OK - Anne Josette Hill, 16, Edmond, 10 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They just said on the local news Thomas told LE Chadd Raymond strangled Annie Jo in the apartment. Guess there will be no OD cover story or the like. Sounds like she confessed to it all, but if he strangled her until she died...where does the 1st Degree Murder charge come from she faces? Because she helped to plan it and lured her there?

It won't be long before you come home, Annie Jo. It is time. Justice is going to be swift and sure. Thank goodness someone grew a conscience and gave up those horrific secrets.
http://www.okcca.net/online/oujis/oujisrvr.jsp? oc=OUJI-CR% 202-6

According to the information found from the above linked website, in Oklahoma, "One who does not actively commit the offense, but who aids, promotes, or encourages the commission of a crime by another person, either by act or counsel or both, is deemed to be a principal to the crime if he/she knowingly did what he/she did either with criminal intent or with knowledge of the other person's intent. To aid or abet another in the commission of a crime implies a consciousness of guilt in instigating, encouraging, promoting, or aiding in the commission of that criminal offense."

The first degree murder charge may be because CT admitted to prior knowledge of and support of the plan to murder Annie, and/or LE has other evidence that shows CT was in agreement with the plan. IMO, JMO

This is all so sad. She really believed CR was her friend. She even has a post indicating how much she likes him. It just makes me sick that someone would do this to their "friend".

That's what I was wondering. Isn't the law that if you are in cahoots with somebody while committing a felony and somebody ends up dead, all people involved in the initial crime can be charged with murder?

There must have been something sinister about the motive behind the luring. Or the fact that they were dealing (sort of) drugs was the initial crime.

Either way, this was just so unnecessary.

I wonder if AH said something in the texts to RR, that CT didn't like considering she is RR girlfriend. It's all just sick.

This case reminds me a bit of Seth Mazzaglia and Kat McDonough. Two young adults murdering a girl with whom they have lured to the apartment (although Lizzie was lured through friendship-not through tricks like AJH) with a plan to kill her. No body in either case but at least Chloe was haunted by it enough that she told her dad and kudos to him for doing the right thing with going to the police.

How sick and horrible.

The sad part besides the death of Anne is that it began with drugs (I believe the story that she went there to buy drugs) and as we see over and over in these cases you come in contact with the bottom feeders of society.

Glad to see arrests have been made and I feel sure Anne will be found and brought home. I'm just so mad that three young lives are over and for what??? SENSELESS!! My heart breaks for Anne's mother. I can't imagine. :tears:

RIP Anne Josette Hill :rose:

I am anxiously awaiting news on recovery of Annie Jo. What does Chloe have to gain by not telling them where they dumped her body?
Court documents: Suspects placed missing Piedmont teen's body in wooded area

Chloe Thomas told investigators Chadd Raymond strangled Anne Hill

Thomas said she then assisted Raymond in putting Hill's body into Hill's car and driving to an unknown wooded area and placing the body there with sticks and brush over it, court documents stated.

http://www.koco.com/news/court-docu...ns-body-in-wooded-area/29119910#ixzz3GA69rw8k

Oklahoma City Police searching for Anne Hill's body

EDMOND, Okla. —Investigators are currently searching for the remains of 16-year-old Piedmont girl, Anne Hill, who was first reported missing in April.

~Snip~

Police won't say where they are searching for Hill's body but said the search for her remains is ongoing.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahoma-city-police-searching-for-anne-hills-body/29131884#ixzz3GBIKONDo

I have another question:

If the murder took place in Edmond, why is this in the hands of OKCPD? Shouldn't EPD be the agency in charge of the case now?

That's what I was wondering. Isn't the law that if you are in cahoots with somebody while committing a felony and somebody ends up dead, all people involved in the initial crime can be charged with murder?

There must have been something sinister about the motive behind the luring. Or the fact that they were dealing (sort of) drugs was the initial crime.

Either way, this was just so unnecessary.

Someone who is a party to murder is just as guilty as the actual killer in most states. Oddly enough, often the killer cuts a deal and the accomplice receives the harshest punishment. Sometimes this means death or LWOP.

Someone who is a party to murder is just as guilty as the actual killer in most states. Oddly enough, often the killer cuts a deal and the accomplice receives the harshest punishment. Sometimes this means death or LWOP.

What can a person be charged with if they knew about the crime & either lied to the police or withheld critical information?

I'm sure Anne's body will be recovered in the near future, they know the area but Chloe was probably high when they attempted to hide it.

I'm sure Anne's body will be recovered in the near future, they know the area but Chloe was probably high when they attempted to hide it.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure CR remembers where they went. I wonder if he is talking. Has anybody heard if he is cooperating?

Obstruction, at least, Imo and maybe conspiracy if they covered up for someone. Depends. Jmo

I'm really curious to see if any other people are arrested. There was a really suspicious comment made after she went missing. I have a feeling at least two other people knew what happened from the beginning, but that is my opinion only.

According to the probable cause affidavit, suspect Chloe Thomas came to police headquarters with her parents on Friday. The affidavit shows Thomas confessed to her parents about her role in the murder.

During an interview, police say Thomas admitted to helping Raymond dispose of Hill's body after he choked her to death. [modsnip]
http://www.okcfox.com/story/26783314/court-documents-body-of-missing-piedmont-teen-dumped-in-woods

BBM
Why? I guess we will find out soon enough...

What can a person be charged with if they knew about the crime & either lied to the police or withheld critical information?

If LE learns the person knew about the plan to murder Anne, and actively encouraged or promoted it in some way, that person could be charged as a principal for first degree murder. However, if the person just knew about the murder after the fact and lied to the cops about it, they could be charged with obstruction of justice, at the very least. There may be other related charges as well. Oklahoma's obstruction of justice statute is pretty broad, but it's only a misdemeanor:

Any person who willfully delays or obstructs any public officer in the discharge
or attempt to discharge any duty of his office, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69214

I don't know about Oklahoma but in California, helping a murderer dispose of a body is being an accessory after the fact; a felony worth about five years. If her initial interview included any suggestion that she knew he was going to kill Anne or help him in any way commit the murder, she is in a lot more trouble; first degree m

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball
Back