OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT
Similar to your encounter, when I was very young my folks took us to visit their friends in Canada. When we were visiting we met up with their children who were my age so we hit it off and were riding their bicycles to a street with an abandoned factory on it. Their boys did not want to go any further down towards the factory and me and my brother asked why? And they proceeded to tell us the story of the local "monster" that lived there.

They were serious and you could tell from their fear that they were being honest. Well somehow we managed to talk them into going down that road and when we got to the end across the street from the factory we all heard this loud crashing through the woods which sounded like a large animal running through the woods. But the strange part is it was huge and loud and sounded like it was on 2 feet and was tearing through the brush at a tremendous speed. You never saw 4 kids ride their bicycles faster than we did to get the heck out of there. We were terrified and we came rushing home to the parents to share our encounter and of course our parents brushed it off but their parents had this disappointed look on their faces like they knew their boys should not have taken us down there and they knew about the local legend.

To this day, I am convinced that "monster" was one of 3 things. Either it was a transient that lived at the abandonded factory and was scaring us on purpose OR it was bigfoot OR some other large animal like a bear. The reason I dont think it was a transient is that it was already in the woods on the opposite side of the street from the factory. A transient would have probably been in the factory. It wasnt a herd of animals because of the sound it made through the woods was a single type animal. So that leaves me to think it was either bigfoot or some other large animal that I have no idea what could have been. Possibly a bear though. It was no herd of deer and nothing small.

That incident gave me nightmares for years and I still think back to it and get the creeps. I dont remember what town we were near but somewhere on the Canada side about 80-100 miles from Niagara Falls.

Anyway the lesson I learned that day is when our parents tell us to stay away from certain things, it usually is best to listen to them.

Since I live in southern Ontario, I'll have to keep my eye out for this monster!! Actually there isn't much wooded land 80 - 100 miles from Niagara Falls, as that is some of the prime agricultural land in North America. So now you have me wondering. Perhaps it's near Guelph, which is a bit rockier. Who knows what evil lurks? ;)

So often these stories are driven by children's imagination, however, other times, there clearly was a predator to be concerned about. Back in the day, many of these stories were brushed under the rug. Perhaps if they had been brought to the attention of LE, then some predators would have seen their crimes curtailed. To many were left alone to commit multiple crimes against children.

Back to the Jamison's, I truly believe that a number of local people know something. I hope they clear their consciences and step forward to tell what they know. They will never rest in peace until they do.

I wonder why NAMUS etc.
keep saying Madyson's last known clothing included a long sleeved pink shirt with small flowers when in her last known picture it is obviously a short sleeved shirt??

Old article. About a corrupt judge. HIS fraud charges are shameful ,seems he like to skim from large settlements, and he had a title thing going. There are other interesting facts and rumors about this guy which just get way worse then in the article.

http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-judge-faces-more-charges/article/3834997

He also shared the same office address as Gledon Gouker's previsous (now deceased ) lawyer. Miles Zimmerman.

Here is a link that connects the Judge to the lawyer.

https://okcountyrecords.com/results/name=ZIMMERMAN,+MILES+C.:site=lincoln/page-3

A bio reveals other information on keys.
Zimmermans obit is here.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/oklahoman/obituary.aspx?pid=162011614

Thanks for the research and time that went into this thread. Took me sometime to work my way through it, it is impressive.

I personally believe that the known details point toward a murder suicide. The mental illness, the 11 page 'hate letter', Sherilynn's missing gun (has this still not been found?). This seems like a family annihilation to me. Cases of parents killing children (then often themselves) are less rare than some believe. Considering the hate letter it could have possibly started with Sherilynn shooting Bobby before turning the gun on a possibly hysterical Madyson and then herself. Doubtless this is an awful scenario but seems more likely to me (statistically) than a third party or stranger killing a small child and parents.

Now the main problem with my theory is how they got to the area they were found in. I acknowledge that its unlikely for Bobby and Madyson to be walking this far across such rough terrain. But it is always possible that they did get disorientated and lost, due to this they may have taken a shortcut and found themselves in more trouble. They may have been pushed on by Sherilynn with a gun, as unlikely as this sounds. It is certainly a distance than can be covered by foot though - it is by no means an unassailable distance, especially if for some reason they got a ride with someone part of the way for whatever reason. Perhaps someone gives them a ride (that they meet on the one way road) for some reason (to scout an area?) and tensions become explosive when the family start to return to the van?

Also, I know the money was hidden well but in the case of an abduction murder scenario wouldn't Bobby and Sherilynn be offering the money in exchange for their lives thus revealing its existence in the van? Wouldn't wallets be emptied? Furthermore if this was an abduction / murder then aren't the remains (if they are confirmed) rather close to the van? And why was no attempt made to significantly bury the remains? I just feel we are dealing with a very small section of people who will go to the extreme lengths of killing a toddler, these are most often sex offenders and parents. But then perhaps I actively want to believe this tragedy is a crime of twisted passion by a ill parent rather then cold blooded murder of an child.

I would expect a close examination of the remains and the area around the remains to shed a great deal of light on this case. Has there been any word on Sherilynn's gun being found in the area or any bullet casings being found? I hope they find out how the Jamison family died as soon as possible to give closure to the family. Until they report back anything is strictly still possible, from it being a murder/suicide to targeted murders to a bizarre crime of opportunity.

Welcome to Websleuths!
I hope you will enjoy "crossing the pond" often to delve in the many cases Websleuths has to offer. Sometimes we even get some of your cases!

A lot of theories have been going around about the Jamisons and yours fits right into the pile. We are all anxiously awaiting the findings of the autopsies. There was no mention of a weapon being found at the site of the remains by either LE or the witnesses who discovered the remains. One of the witnesses mentioned that he believed the hole in one of the skulls was not the result of damage by an animal.

Thanks for the research and time that went into this thread. Took me sometime to work my way through it, it is impressive.

I personally believe that the known details point toward a murder suicide. The mental illness, the 11 page 'hate letter', Sherilynn's missing gun (has this still not been found?). This seems like a family annihilation to me. Cases of parents killing children (then often themselves) are less rare than some believe. Considering the hate letter it could have possibly started with Sherilynn shooting Bobby before turning the gun on a possibly hysterical Madyson and then herself. Doubtless this is an awful scenario but seems more likely to me (statistically) than a third party or stranger killing a small child and parents.

Now the main problem with my theory is how they got to the area they were found in. I acknowledge that its unlikely for Bobby and Madyson to be walking this far across such rough terrain. But it is always possible that they did get disorientated and lost, due to this they may have taken a shortcut and found themselves in more trouble. They may have been pushed on by Sherilynn with a gun, as unlikely as this sounds. It is certainly a distance than can be covered by foot though - it is by no means an unassailable distance, especially if for some reason they got a ride with someone part of the way for whatever reason. Perhaps someone gives them a ride (that they meet on the one way road) for some reason (to scout an area?) and tensions become explosive when the family start to return to the van?

<snipped>

I also lean more towards murder/suicide for the same reasons you noted. I believe that they went for a walk...and then something happened to cause Sherilynn to turn on her family. I think she and Bobby may have already been fighting that day - that last picture of Madyson, where some say she looked stressed - she may have been if her parents had been arguing or if there was tension. If they got lost, I can see the situation deteriorating rapidly. Or perhaps Madyson fell and was seriously injured or killed & that put them over the edge.

I also think Sherilynn was having a manic episode, evidenced by the pictures of the graffiti on the other abandoned truck nearby. The first time I saw them, I got chills - and I felt in my heart that it was murder/suicide. Sane people, out looking for property to buy, don't do things like that.

Madyson's photo has been age-progressed:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...iewChildDetail&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1134094

Also, NAMUS has posted that all three Jamisons DNA are finally complete.

You would think the medical examiners in Texas, or whoever is doing the testing, were chomping at the bits waiting for that DNA to get this finished. Is it not just put on paper or computer records (the results from family members) and then, as long as they've had the bones they should already have had the results on paper of the DNA from the bones, and then compare the two (or more)?? They have to already know!!

Many Labs have Huge backlogs . And this probably isn't a priority, if they just need confirmation.

TR

The intercepted vehicle and puppy left in side tells me this is no murder/suicide. They were taken from that location against their will.

The intercepted vehicle and puppy left in side tells me this is no murder/suicide. They were taken from that location against their will.

I don't think that murder/suicide was premeditated. I don't think Sherilyn marched her family a few miles and killed them. I think they left for a walk, had every intention of returning, got lost or got in a fight and it went downhill from there. Thus why the dog was left behind.

As for the 'intercepted vehicle' - I'm a bit of a sloppy parker, so don't think the angle it was found in is that odd. In a remote place, I'd park however I pleased, block the road and not really care lol.

While I wouldn't be stunned to find out that they were murdered, I don't think it's the most likely explanation. I think too much evidence points to murder/suicide...MOO.

I really don't know what to think anymore. I'm not feeling too optimistic that we will ever know the truth. I still think about this family a lot and pray for answers and justice.

Im leaning towards foul play because of a few things. I could also see it being murder/suicide as well. Here is why I am leaning towards foul play.

-There was rumored to be another bag of money that has never turned up

-LE just seems to not want to actively solve this case with any serious degree of urgency. Why? Surely by now we should know more whether it is them or whether there was a gun found near bodies and the details of how the bodies lay and where the bullet holes (if any) in their bodies were and how many bullet holes. Like if each body had multiple bullet holes then that would tell us suicide not possible.
Its like this case is top secret and a child is dead.

-The location of the bodies was quite a ways from the truck.

-Other people have had scary incidents generally near that area (not exactly near but somewhat close). Incidents of being threatened by others that seemed to think they own property that is not theres. One example is a previous posters story here back in this thread about property he was pursuing to try to buy and he was threatened. I also personally met a person who was threatened while hunting on public property which Wayerhouser lumber owned which is somewhat close.
Those incidents just showed to me that things can easily happen where they could have become victims.

-The dog in vehicle really bothers me.

-It all sounds so fishy. Too fishy.

-The location of the bodies was quite a ways from the truck.
Snipped
This is a major point to me. Of course, I'm assuming that the remains are the Jamison's. But now knowing the location of the remains and how far from the truck they were, yet so close to that open trail, which would've been accessible to anyone that knows the area well by vehicle. I agree with your post and points.

The end of this week will be six months since the remains were found.
Surely, an identification will be made soon.

I watched this on Disappeared, and the show did not have nearly as much information as I have found on the Internet - including WS. Thanks!

As bizarre as the actions were from the family in this case, I think they got lost and froze to death on that spot. I don't see foul play without a weapon. I don't find it plausible for a murder/suicide. I could be way off, but that is my guess as to how they ended up. Sad and tragic story.

As bizarre as the actions were from the family in this case, I think they got lost and froze to death on that spot. I don't see foul play without a weapon. I don't find it plausible for a murder/suicide. I could be way off, but that is my guess as to how they ended up. Sad and tragic story.

I wonder if they were literally close together (like within a few feet) or were they found in the same area, but further apart. Respectfully, I just can't see three people freezing to death at the exact same time. If one froze to death, surely the others would go to get help or try at least. They were only three miles from their car which would have provided some shelter.

ETA - it also wasn't that cold. https://weatherspark.com/averages/30205/10/8/Eufaula-Alabama-United-States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper