OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OkieGranny, thanks for posting that.
So, the police report does say they saw the guy on the 8th. They could have gone missing on the 8th but I go back to the tracks in the mud. I think they went back on the ninth like they said they would and it was after the storm. There was very little rainfall until the 8/9th storm. So could they have stayed with someone local? Is that where the brown satchel/suit case went? Sorry to keep harping on the tracks but I think that time stamps them up there after the storm.

Who says the Jamisons made the tracks in the mud?

I took the time to go back and read through all the old threads and it makes a lot more sense in context, I promise. Try it!

ETA: It also makes a lot more sense if you're a native Oklahoman.

I have been reading the old threads I am going backwards and am still in 2012-Im also reading through topix so its taking some time.

Just read a few pages of the post you cited and after that and the stuff I've read, I get the idea that some may think someone in LE had something to do with the disappearance-I have always considered that possibility just not as likely as my WPP one and I'm wondering even more why my theory has got me wearing the crazy pants.

Wait, WHat? The money and truck was released to Starlet? WHEN? How did anyone know they weren't coming back? This makes zero sense to me! I'm kinda surprised the SO didn't keep the money and truck considering the Beauchamp figured they had that money because of meth! Well, that's what he stated in a video anyway. But gosh darn it! I doubt this case will get solved. Probably just come back and say "murder/suicide, see we were right!"... ugh, ugh ugh

I need to go back and read from when this all started happening. Who had motive? Who was known enemies or had a grudge? Why would all the money/assets go to only ONE family member? Both Bobby and Sherilyn had family!! UGH UGH UGH

I have been reading the old threads I am going backwards and am still in 2012-Im also reading through topix so its taking some time.

Just read a few pages of the post you cited and after that and the stuff I've read, I get the idea that some may think someone in LE had something to do with the disappearance-I have always considered that possibility just not as likely as my WPP one and I'm wondering even more why my theory has got me wearing the crazy pants.

Topix is a waste of time, IMO. You may find it interesting to look into the departure of IB as sheriff. Latimer County is now on sheriff #3 since the Jamisons went missing.

One of the videos posted here, the sheriff is talking about seeing the little girl's tracks in the mud on the way up to where her last photo was taken.

Yeah, but that video also showed the truck off in a ditch when it was found. It was not. Can you find any other source for the footprint info?

Wait, WHat? The money and truck was released to Starlet? WHEN? How did anyone know they weren't coming back? This makes zero sense to me! I'm kinda surprised the SO didn't keep the money and truck considering the Beauchamp figured they had that money because of meth! Well, that's what he stated in a video anyway. But gosh darn it! I doubt this case will get solved. Probably just come back and say "murder/suicide, see we were right!"... ugh, ugh ugh

I need to go back and read from when this all started happening. Who had motive? Who was known enemies or had a grudge? Why would all the money/assets go to only ONE family member? Both Bobby and Sherilyn had family!! UGH UGH UGH

Yeah, Sherilyn's teenage son wound up with Bobby's phone, which wound up in a swimming pool, and he also got the truck, I think. Bobby's mom sold the Jamison's house.

Surprising to me as well that IB would let go of that money. Am not sure when or under which sheriff it was let go. Have you seen the photos of the LCSO displaying their weaponry? That's some serious firepower for a county with a very limited tax base.

:
Yeah, but that video also showed the truck off in a ditch when it was found. It was not. Can you find any other source for the footprint info?

I was not referencing the picture, even though they did show one. The sheriff himself said he saw it. Gonna have to believe the sheriff gave a true and accurate account instead dramatizing for the audience.

Topix is a waste of time, IMO. You may find it interesting to look into the departure of IB as sheriff. Latimer County is now on sheriff #3 since the Jamisons went missing.

If you mean Beauchamp just so happening to leave just a few months after the initial investigation-I definitely found that interesting and convienent to say the least

If you mean Beauchamp just so happening to leave just a few months after the initial investigation-I definitely found that interesting and convienent to say the least
It was actually 18 months - April 2011.

I remember reading (I can't seem to find it now) that it appeared someone drove up the dirt road (trail is more like it) behind the Jamison's or they blocked the end of the road. Does anyone else recall that and what would make LE suggest that? It hasn't really been discussed much, so maybe it was decided unrelated or not true.

Also, that post from thread 8 that Soulmagent just reposted (I'm still trying to figure out how to quote and use this site, so forgive me for not quoting) says it appears that they walked a few feet from the truck and something happened. What would suggest that? Footprints? Tire tracks? And if it rained the night of the 8th and into the 9th, that would explain why the prints would've still been there during the discovery of the truck, because they were made on the 9th (the last day they were seen by the neighbor on the mountain) and not washed away by the 4" of rain like we previously discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4738233#post4738233

A post by little726:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticrose
Dont know if this has been posted, but scroll down and look at Connie Kokotan comment left.
http://www.koco.com/news/21397440/detail.html

First she talks about Bobby Dale's mother trying to get everything. Then, she says only 2 people should be taking care of the property...her and Bobby Dale's mother.

Am I understanding this wrong? It just dosen't make sense to me.

And a post by dreamweaver:

When I read it, I thought she meant exactly what you said.
She thinks Bobby's mother is trying to get everything, including family heirlooms.
She also thinks that things should be split between the two adults, herself and Bobby's mother.
Split, not taken over by Bobby's mother.

Personally, I didn't think you could take over someone's property until they were declared legally dead.
And in most instances, it is 7 years before someone is considered legally dead.

The comments under that article are gone now, so take it FWIW.

Anyway, so I've been digging through court documents. This is all about Madyson's grandfather's estate:

http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2551780&db=Oklahoma

Two months after the Jamisons went missing, Bobby's mom barely managed to wait until her ex-husband was tucked into his grave before she beat feet down to the courthouse and got herself appointed administrator of his estate with an outdated will and an assertion that their divorce was not yet final. It was. She also claimed that she had been appointed guardian over the affairs of the missing Jamisons.

Bobby's brother JJ turned up a couple days later saying wait, she knows damn well there is a superceding will and, yes, their divorce was final. He was then appointed administrator instead. In his filings, brother JJ estimated the value of Bobby Sr's assets at approximately $498,100, not including personal property or real estate. This will left the entire estate in trust for Madyson until she turned 21, with JJ as administrator and other brother AJ as back-up administrator. Bobby Jr and his mother were specifically excluded. The will, dated October 27, 2008, also contained a Simultaneous Death Clause:

In the event that any beneficiary hereof and I both shall die in a common disaster or accident, or under such circumstances as make it impossible or difficult to determine who died first, then it shall be conclusively deemed that such beneficiary did not survive me.

There followed a brief flurry of petitions and then suddenly there was a Global Family Settlement Agreement, in which brothers JJ and AJ agreed to renounce any control over the estate in return for a one-time payoff of $90,000 each. Bobby's mom now has full control of the estate. The date of this agreement was February 25, 2010. Madyson and her parents had been missing less than five months.

I've looked everywhere for any evidence that Bobby's mom was indeed appointed guardianship over his family's affairs. I can't find it. Was this a bluff, along with the outdated will and the bogus claim of an ongoing but not yet final divorce in her initial filing regarding Bobby Sr's will? Or did she really have a piece of paper to show to the probate court? Maybe the records are confidential because one of the three was a minor?

Not necessarily anything sinister in seeking control over the Jamisons' affairs, because there was a mortgage to be paid and other things that needed to be taken care of. But nowhere am I finding that any part of the assets of Bobby Sr or Jr have been put aside in case Madyson miraculously turned up alive. And, as far as we know, she has not been declared legally dead. Up until a week ago, anything was still possible, and there's a remote chance it still may be, so what is the status of her trust fund now?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4772238&postcount=388

A post by mtrooper:
Sooooooo. Found out today that Starlet has been given the 30,000 + that was found in the truck. And the money WAS hidden and NOT in Sherilyn's purse. And that the land owner who spoke with the Jamisons was the one who told them about the plan to move into a storage unit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4773999&postcount=394

A post by Sillybilly:
I don't see that Starlet has anybody to be appointed guardian of !! This is against the basic and general laws of guardianship that are assigned to protect the interest of an individual who is not able to protect themselves (i.e. either a minor child, or an adult who is incapable of looking after their own affairs). When Bobby reached the age of majority, she ceased to be his legal guardian. IF Bobby and Sherilyn, as adults, made the decision to disappear into the sunset, NOBODY has the right to their assets unless they sign them over OR are declared legally dead. IF Bobby and Sherilyn decided to disappear into the sunset, THEY REMAIN the legal guardian of their minor daughter, unless they assign guardianship to someone else, or unless the state takes over and/or appoints a guardian in the absence of a fit parent.

I'm steamed ... That money belonged to either Bobby or Sherilyn, and to our knowledge, there has been no legal process to assign that money to Starlet or anyone, nor should there be until the fate of this family is known. No adult person is obliged to tell anyone where they go or when they will return. What if they went on a cruise around the world and came home to find their $30,000, $100,000 or whatever gone, spent by someone who just didn't know where they were.

If that was me, I'd be suing the pants off law enforcement (sorry if i'm sounding like a long-winded, ornery know-it-all today, but these things are making me mad )

ETA: Oklahoma statutes regarding guardianship and wardship:

http://law.justia.com/oklahoma/codes/os30.html

Thanks for posting the "death clause" part, okiegranny. I didn't know how to do it.

I have never read a Will with that included. I'm sure it happens all the time. But, I've never read about it concerning someones Will.

I also would like to know why JJ and AJ took so little of Bob Sr.'s money and ran with it? They could have had so much more. Heck, Starlet just sold a piece of property for $215,000.00!

Thanks for posting the "death clause" part, okiegranny. I didn't know how to do it.

I have never read a Will with that included. I'm sure it happens all the time. But, I've never read about it concerning someones Will.

I also would like to know why JJ and AJ took so little of Bob Sr.'s money and ran with it? They could have had so much more. Heck, Starlet just sold a piece of property for $215,000.00!

Yeah, I saw that. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car place at I-240 and Shields. She even wrangled an order exempting the estate from inheritance taxes. There was a Release of Mortgage recorded on the Eufaula house last year, but I haven't been able to read the related documents.

I'm guessing the brothers thought ninety thou apiece was fair enough if it meant Starlet would finally be out of their hair.

I remember reading (I can't seem to find it now) that it appeared someone drove up the dirt road (trail is more like it) behind the Jamison's or they blocked the end of the road. Does anyone else recall that and what would make LE suggest that? It hasn't really been discussed much, so maybe it was decided unrelated or not true.

Also, that post from thread 8 that Soulmagent just reposted (I'm still trying to figure out how to quote and use this site, so forgive me for not quoting) says it appears that they walked a few feet from the truck and something happened. What would suggest that? Footprints? Tire tracks? And if it rained the night of the 8th and into the 9th, that would explain why the prints would've still been there during the discovery of the truck, because they were made on the 9th (the last day they were seen by the neighbor on the mountain) and not washed away by the 4" of rain like we previously discussed.

mtrooper says there were footprints, but the rain really messed them up. She didn't specify where, as far as I remember.

Tire tracks? To be honest, it's getting hard to keep track of what's been said by LE and what's been proposed as theory by a sleuther. There's another flat spot about 65 feet down the hill that supposedly had some tire tracks that may or may nor be related. And I remember reading someone's attempted analysis of tire tracks in the photo taken of the front end of the truck, but didn't see how what was being proposed could happen without damage to the truck's fender.

The quote button vanishes once an older thread is closed. You just have to copy and paste after that.

I've got a question for any of you. I've been reading a lot of posts here that make mention of sheriff Beauchamp leaving office and how the timing is seen as "interesting" or "convenient". My question is why? Are we implying that there is a cover-up? Or maybe he just couldn't handle the pressure or LE fumbled the investigation and he wanted to get as far away from it as possible?

I've got a question for any of you. I've been reading a lot of posts here that make mention of sheriff Beauchamp leaving office and how the timing is seen as "interesting" or "convenient". My question is why? Are we implying that there is a cover-up? Or maybe he just couldn't handle the pressure or LE fumbled the investigation and he wanted to get as far away from it as possible?

IMO he was placed there-in the role of the sheriff to handle the initial investigation (and what seems like only investigation) of the case. I am still holding to my theory that they are alive and well. So for me yes, a cover up

Side note I also read that sherilyn signed over custody of son right before the disappearance-could be rumor though

The truck being blocked was suggested on Disappeared. I think it was more where the truck was located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member