OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of us should bookmark these key resources so we can re-post the links to the will, the land record and other important documents when a new thread is opened. I am so glad that this thread is active.

A few of us should bookmark these key resources so we can re-post the links to the will, the land record and other important documents when a new thread is opened. I am so glad that this thread is active.

Or take a snapshot or save to word.

I just noticed that there are no "tags" posted on this thread.

I don't really know what "tags" are, but I remember a monitor on one case asking for people to please be putting tags on each thread to help something (?)

I just noticed that there are no "tags" posted on this thread.

I don't really know what "tags" are, but I remember a monitor on one case asking for people to please be putting tags on each thread to help something (?)

There are tags on the first thread. I don't know why, but the tags don't come with when a second thread is started.

A tag is like using a key word so if someone does a search but does not know the name but they know somthing like eufaula or Oklahoma then ANY thread with that tag will come up.

This thread's tags (see below latest post): Bobby Jamison, Eufaula Oklahoma, Madyson Jamison, missing family, Red Oak, Sherilynn Jamison.

Sooooooo. Found out today that Starlet has been given the 30,000 + that was found in the truck. And the money WAS hidden and NOT in Sherilynns purse. And that the land owner who spoke with the Jamisons was the one who told them about the plan to move into a storage unit.

Sooooooo. Found out today that Starlet has been given the 30,000 + that was found in the truck. And the money WAS hidden and NOT in Sherilynns purse. And that the land owner who spoke with the Jamisons was the one who told them about the plan to move into a storage unit.

It is outrageous that this family's assets are being distributed when nobody even knows if they are dead or alive !!

I have a feeling that the LE didn't want to have to try to keep that kinda money secure. Just a guess on that one.

It is outrageous that this family's assets are being distributed when nobody even knows if they are dead or alive !!

Odd it was not put in the Surrogate's Court to be added to the estate. On the other hand, I'd rather it go to family. "Evidence" has been known to be lost in police custody.

Makes me wonder if Bobby had a will. In all honesty though, from what I can gather he wasn't exactly close with his mom and dad. He had no siblings. So I guess that leaves Sherilynn in which he was talking about divorce....,Guess that adds to Madysons target.

You know now that I posted that I realized why they released the money to Starlet. Starlet was both Bobby and Madyson's guardian. Is there any way to find out WHEN Starlet became guardian? I know in the court documents she states that she is their guardian. Can you even buy property when you have a guardian? or was that something that was done once they went missing?

You know now that I posted that I realized why they released the money to Starlet. Starlet was both Bobby and Madyson's guardian. Is there any way to find out WHEN Starlet became guardian? I know in the court documents she states that she is their guardian. Can you even buy property when you have a guardian? or was that something that was done once they went missing?

I don't see that Starlet has anybody to be appointed guardian of !! This is against the basic and general laws of guardianship that are assigned to protect the interest of an individual who is not able to protect themselves (i.e. either a minor child, or an adult who is incapable of looking after their own affairs). When Bobby reached the age of majority, she ceased to be his legal guardian. IF Bobby and Sherilyn, as adults, made the decision to disappear into the sunset, NOBODY has the right to their assets unless they sign them over OR are declared legally dead. IF Bobby and Sherilyn decided to disappear into the sunset, THEY REMAIN the legal guardian of their minor daughter, unless they assign guardianship to someone else, or unless the state takes over and/or appoints a guardian in the absence of a fit parent.

I'm steamed :mad: :mad: ... That money belonged to either Bobby or Sherilyn, and to our knowledge, there has been no legal process to assign that money to Starlet or anyone, nor should there be until the fate of this family is known. No adult person is obliged to tell anyone where they go or when they will return. What if they went on a cruise around the world and came home to find their $30,000, $100,000 or whatever gone, spent by someone who just didn't know where they were.

If that was me, I'd be suing the pants off law enforcement (sorry if i'm sounding like a long-winded, ornery know-it-all today, but these things are making me mad )

ETA: Oklahoma statutes regarding guardianship and wardship:

http://law.justia.com/oklahoma/codes/os30.html

It's been awhile since I checked in on this thread. Y'all have uncovered some amazing stuff. Good work, Sleuthers! I wonder if this talk of divorce wasn't a diversionary tactic of some kind? You don't plan to move into a storage container with a wife you are divorcing nor would you be looking at rural property together.

Hmm. A storage container might suggest someone seeking an efficient means of protection, in fear for their life or the lives of their loved ones. Also, living in a place that only had one way in and one way out might suggest the same. Aren't those containers pretty heavy duty? I mean, what kind of bullet would it take to penetrate one? A container would be fire proof as well. Of course, it could be bombed, I'm just kind of thinking out loud here. I also have to wonder if they were scared, why they simply wouldn't move out of state, just leave everything and go.

Sadly, I, too, think they are all dead, the motive greed.

I don't see that Starlet has anybody to be appointed guardian of !! This is against the basic and general laws of guardianship that are assigned to protect the interest of an individual who is not able to protect themselves (i.e. either a minor child, or an adult who is incapable of looking after their own affairs). When Bobby reached the age of majority, she ceased to be his legal guardian. IF Bobby and Sherilyn, as adults, made the decision to disappear into the sunset, NOBODY has the right to their assets unless they sign them over OR are declared legally dead. IF Bobby and Sherilyn decided to disappear into the sunset, THEY REMAIN the legal guardian of their minor daughter, unless they assign guardianship to someone else, or unless the state takes over and/or appoints a guardian in the absence of a fit parent.

I'm steamed :mad: :mad: ... That money belonged to either Bobby or Sherilyn, and to our knowledge, there has been no legal process to assign that money to Starlet or anyone, nor should there be until the fate of this family is known. No adult person is obliged to tell anyone where they go or when they will return. What if they went on a cruise around the world and came home to find their $30,000, $100,000 or whatever gone, spent by someone who just didn't know where they were.

If that was me, I'd be suing the pants off law enforcement (sorry if i'm sounding like a long-winded, ornery know-it-all today, but these things are making me mad )

ETA: Oklahoma statutes regarding guardianship and wardship:

http://law.justia.com/oklahoma/codes/os30.html

I'm upset by it as well; however, LE may have just figured since Starlet is Bobby's mother that it was okay to put the money in her care since she's the closest living relative of both Bobby and Madyson. Obviously Sherrilynn's mother would also fit that description with Sherrilynn and Madyson, but maybe LE didn't see her as a good candidate for some reason???? Of maybe being guys with perhaps double standards they thought the money should go to the male spouse's relative. :banghead:

I'm upset by it as well; however, LE may have just figured since Starlet is Bobby's mother that it was okay to put the money in her care since she's the closest living relative of both Bobby and Madyson.

Is that even legal?! :eek:

I am not sure if Starlet was named the guardian of her son and granddaughter but that was part of the complaint she filed with the court. Let's face it - they are "missing" and probably dead. Someone, even if it is a court-appointed guardian, has to manage the personal property of these people.

In light of all the family's shady characters, Starlet may be the one with the cleanest hands, after all her late ex-husband divorced her after 44 years.

Great work, mtrooper! Thank you.

I am curious who the land owner is, though. Is there anyway to find out his (her) name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzee2741