OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope if you have the time, you will take the SAR dogs to that abandoned resort, and see if they turn up anything there. If someone from the area murdered this family, then they would know of that abandoned resort most likely. I can't remember what kind of a resort it was or was supposed to be. Was it ever operational?

It was to be a ski lodge ("go figure") but I don't think it was ever completed - the guy ran out of money or something. Not sure how much of it was actually built. Sooner Fan said on the last thread that it was begun 10-12 years ago; mtrooper estimated it was about five miles from where the Jamisons disappeared, if memory serves.

TRIVIA
It also served as the setting for the ghostly play "wf godot has gone missing," earlier in this thread.

I just recently saw the show Disappeared featuring this family. Several things were not covered in the show that I was curious about.

1. I would have liked to see more footage of the family going back and forth to their vehicle on the day they were leaving due to questions the video raised. The small amount the show exposed left more questions than answers.
a. Were they carrying items each time to and from the truck? How much stuff does one family need to go on a day trip to see some land?
b. Could they have been waiting on a call or for someone to show up, perhaps to follow them? AFter waiting awhile, they may have went on, perhaps meeting that person somewhere else down the road?

2. No or little mention was made of the person that supposedly had the land for sale. Was it really for sale? Was it just a bogus offer to sell to lure them there, or perhaps to swindle them out of money? How much was the land advertised to sell for? Who actually owned the land? Do we even know what piece of land it was? Did law enforcement check local papers for ads that had land for sale in the area around this time...or even since? Could be a land scheme.

If I had to guess, I would say that the family was either meeting someone there to show them the land, or met someone on the way. Even if it was more than just the guy that gave them directions.

Clearly the motive was not robbery and someone left in a hurry, or they would have rummaged through the truck and taken the cell phone, purse, and found the money hidden under the seat. The only 2 motives I can think of is 1: if it was a meth user, they tend to be paranoid, but would also be greedy for anything they could sell. They may have thought the person in the truck was law enforcement and saw something they should not have. Meth addicts have killed for far less reasons.

2. The saddest possibility is that the target was the little girl. My guess would be the parents were killed and the child was taken and may still be alive. If indeed many people hide out in the hills, it would only take one lonely sexual offender to get fixated on the little girl and take her to be his.

It seems likely to me that the person is obviously from the area. Close enough that they ran into the family or somehow noticed them in the area. It probably was not just some random person, but someone that lives directly near where they were found.

I could totally see the possibility that the parents saved this money (legally or illegally) and had hoped to make a deal with the person for the land, perhaps a down payment, or simply offer them a cash deal in order to get the land cheaper. The person that "took" them was unaware of this, or they would have grabbed the cash. No one is going to risk taking/killing a family and not take money, unless the motive was more evil.

Could it be that the couple was wigging out on not having meth and in their delusional state thought they could go to the mountain and buy a large quantity? If it was a drug deal gone bad, the person there to meet they would certainly have taken anything of value from the truck, especially if they thought the couple would have money to pay for drugs.

I hope Im wrong, but I would not be surprised if the parents are deceased and buried on the mountain and the child is still alive and will turn up some day, perhaps unaware of who she really is. Age progression and a massive home to home search may be the answer. If they really are "hill people" they are probably living without modern conveniences, such as water and electricity.

I disagree about the little girls picture on the cell phone being taken by someone else....at least the parents were there. It is reminiscent of pictures taken of children with missing front teeth and the picture taker asking the child to show her front teeth. She looked totally casual and unafraid in that picture to me.

God bless the family and those that loved these people.

Starburst, you asked a lot of good questions I will do my best to answer them.
a- I know in the footage Sherilyn was seen carying a brown leather suitcase (you know like the one your grandpa used to have). But I am not sure if they had brought anything else out. The sheriff never mentioned anything else but the bag.
b- Bobby was on the phone that morning with a woman who lives up on the mountain. Bobby was given her number by the guy owning property adjacent to the land they were looking at. I am not sure the exact time the video footage was shot. I don't think the time stamp was accurate. If you go to the SARX link, it has the phone call records.

2- The property owners live in a different state, no where near OK. They bought the property years earlier (I want to say online..like ebay?). They have never been up to the property, bought it with the hopes of hunting/ recreation but had never made it up there. The owners had the property listed a couple different places. I know they had a add on vflyer which is a realestate marketing place, and on Landsofamerica.com. Bobby initially contacted the land owner for directions and more information. Here is what his email said to the owner on Oct. 5th:
"Please give me a call if this is still available or e-mail information what is the exact location what are the building restrictions, more exact description of property, and more information on owner financing also do you have any more land that is mountain range in this area for sale thank you " They were asking $49,900. They have taken it off the market since all of this happened. They have been very cooperative.

The money that was found in the truck was part of a back payment from social security. I feel that he had it hidden in his truck so Sherilyn wouldn't spend it, but that is MOO.

I hope some of that helps.

Thank you for your support in finding the Jamisons!

mtrooper & Oriah,

I hope if you have the time, you will take the SAR dogs to that abandoned resort, and see if they turn up anything there. If someone from the area murdered this family, then they would know of that abandoned resort most likely. I can't remember what kind of a resort it was or was supposed to be. Was it ever operational?

Is someone following up on those cell phone calls? That seems very important, at least to my way of thinking. As I said, I would do it, but will need the brand of cell phone, and their service carrier.

I would LOVE to go up to that resort. I am all about things that have been abandoned. Its a weird curiosity of mine. From what I have found you have to hike to it, its not driveable.

They had ATT, and Bobby had a blackberry.

It was to be a ski lodge ("go figure") but I don't think it was ever completed - the guy ran out of money or something. Not sure how much of it was actually built. Sooner Fan said on the last thread that it was begun 10-12 years ago; mtrooper estimated it was about five miles from where the Jamisons disappeared, if memory serves.

TRIVIA
It also served as the setting for the ghostly play "wf godot has gone missing," earlier in this thread.

You crack me up! I needed a good chuckle this morning.

I would LOVE to go up to that resort. I am all about things that have been abandoned. Its a weird curiosity of mine. From what I have found you have to hike to it, its not driveable.

AND I'd be willing to go with you. I don't mind some hiking and I too have a weird curiosity for abandoned places...but I will be packing... :)

AND I'd be willing to go with you. I don't mind some hiking and I too have a weird curiosity for abandoned places...but I will be packing... :)
What, a suitcase? ;)

Can I say that I am *so* jealous of anyone actually going on a Jamisons mission? Must have been a PI or LE in a previous (or future) lifetime...

What, a suitcase? ;)

Can I say that I am *so* jealous of anyone actually going on a Jamisons mission? Must have been a PI or LE in a previous (or future) lifetime...

Oh, and definitely not a suitcase..lol...

Hmmm, wonder if it's accessible by 4 wheelers?

Thanks for the phone info. I'll get on it tomorrow.

Hmmm, wonder if it's accessible by 4 wheelers?

Thanks for the phone info. I'll get on it tomorrow.

It's settled then! We'll all meet at the haunted, abandoned ski lodge and some of us will then disappear, so that the words of the prophecy can come true!

On a slightly less frivolous note, I too love abandoned places and derelict structures.

It's settled then! We'll all meet at the haunted, abandoned ski lodge and some of us will then disappear, so that the words of the prophecy can come true!

On a slightly less frivolous note, I too love abandoned places and derelict structures.
Someone will have to stay behind to sleuth the rest of us. Not it!!! Not it!!!

I think it might be safe to say that all Jamisons lovers probably like abandoned places and derelict structures. Like the Orchid greenhouse on the TV show LOST (well, all the abandoned stations, too), historic abandoned jailhouses from the 1800's and early 1900's, etc...

I think it might be safe to say that all Jamisons lovers probably like abandoned places and derelict structures.

You're right about that. I was thinking it as I wrote my post.

The media articles all state that the Jamisons were looking at more than one piece of property. The sheriff even states (ID Discovery) the Jamisons weren't at the well site very long. Sooo....where is the first site they were looking at? The GPS must have had the coord numbers on it!

Mtrooper, do you have the coordinates for the first property the Jamisons were at?

Was it around Piney Acres, in Pittsburg county?

Mtrooper, did the sheriff ever question the church family that the Jamisons were friends with? If not, he needs to!

Sorry about all the questions, but you and the sheriff seem to be the only ones with the information we need.

I'm on Jamisons hiatus, over in the UK (well, on the UK - Joanna Yeates thread, actually) helping to solve that one (yeah right). Come see us, whole lotta terrific British folk have joined WS. After that case is solved I'll try to lure them over to this one.

"Amazing case, whole family of three have disappeared, few care. We need you."

I'm on Jamisons hiatus, over in the UK (well, on the UK - Joanna Yeates thread, actually) helping to solve that one (yeah right). Come see us, whole lotta terrific British folk have joined WS. After that case is solved I'll try to lure them over to this one.

"Amazing case, whole family of three have disappeared, few care. We need you."

Thanks, wfg. I'll check it out.

The media articles all state that the Jamisons were looking at more than one piece of property. The sheriff even states (ID Discovery) the Jamisons weren't at the well site very long. Sooo....where is the first site they were looking at? The GPS must have had the coord numbers on it!

Mtrooper, do you have the coordinates for the first property the Jamisons were at?

Was it around Piney Acres, in Pittsburg county?

You know it seems most of the attention has been on the well site where the truck was found.With the sheriff thinking they had spent very little time right there I just wonder how much time was spent back where they actually spent most of the day?I asked in a post much earlier about what cords or line of travel was on the GPS but I was told that the only GPS involved was in the phone I do believe.You know the lady was gonna lead them to the land but Bobbie wanted to try and find it with his NEW GPS!!As I stated before my GPS shows a line of travel of every place I have been.

Mtrooper did you go to the place where they looked at land or just to the location where the truck was found?

You know it seems most of the attention has been on the well site where the truck was found.With the sheriff thinking they had spent very little time right there I just wonder how much time was spent back where they actually spent most of the day?I asked in a post much earlier about what cords or line of travel was on the GPS but I was told that the only GPS involved was in the phone I do believe.You know the lady was gonna lead them to the land but Bobbie wanted to try and find it with his NEW GPS!!As I stated before my GPS shows a line of travel of every place I have been.

Mtrooper did you go to the place where they looked at land or just to the location where the truck was found?

Thanks, C-Bar. I must have read right over that information.

I'm really confused about the GPS information. At first, I assumed Bobby used a regular GPS unit. That's what we were lead to believe. Now, just lately, the GPS is mentioned on the PHONE!

So which is it?? A GPS unit or phone GPS.

Back to the old abandonded old abandoned ski lodge (you have to be a phineas and fern fan to get that one). Spoke with lady at library in wilburton, and not to bust Antibes bubble but apparently the guy that built it is a local and him and his wife are living in it. i tried to call to get more info, but no one called back. After a little more research, the guy is fairly well known within the community. He is on some boards and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme