OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could LE be involved? I would like to say no but anything is possible, I would say its more likely that they were not directly involved in the murders but the subsequent cover up. I still think that drugs are the most likely motive for this.

I seldom post but until 2007 I spent some time researching this case (along with some others). While doing my research, I had the opportunity to speak to some people from the area. The people I spoke to were not related in anyway and to my knowledge no one knew the name of anyone else I was speaking to. All demanded absolute confidence as to their identities and the information they provided. I cannot disclose any names but I will tell you this. The one common denominator among them all was a fear of LE in that area. Some indicated they had been threatened at some point if they talked about anything they knew to anyone.

When talking to the OSBI was suggested to them, most of them also thought the OSBI had failed Lauria and Ashley by taking local authorities at their word and therefore, assisting in a cover up.

I stepped away from researching the case myself for more than one reason in 2007, but when did I step away, I did believe that LE involvement and cover up was indeed a factor in this case.

Thank you for letting me put my two cents worth in. I will continue to follow this thread. I may comment from time to time, if I feel as though my input will assist in the discussion.

Thanks!

Yes, spent 15 years in that specific area; LE highly and rightly suspect.

I don't have much to add to what hasn't been said but I can't get this case out of my mind for so many reasons. I mean, I know better but I'm like, LE actually operates like that in some places? Even if LE had no hand the lack of empathy they seemed to have for the victims and Lauria's family is hard to digest. Even if the dad was liked, they couldn't see young girls were victims? I always hope LE are tough but sympathetic and that's what drives them to get into the field & find justice for grieving families. I know, I shouldn't be that naive and I mean I live in Chicago so I have had my own experiences with corrupt LE.. (I've also had very positive interactions with them as well, just to add)

If JJ was intertwined in the drug world could it be possible that he was intertwined with LE as well? Any chance they all worked together? Although I'm sure LE would have left some evidence that that would have gotten JJ found guilty for this specific crime thus hushing any suspicions of foul play at the hands of LE. I know it's not that plausible but it's something I've thought of.

The only reason why I can't completely eliminate JJ is because my first thought was that dad was main target, mom tragically dies because she's there. The girls try to flee but the perp is still there and chases after them. No plan to abduct the girls (maybe perp did not even know they were there since Ashley seemed to spend A LOT of time at Lauria's) but they try to run and the perp has to act.. Perp didn't have a choice but to separate the girls from the scene. And besides them being close by (I was relieved to see Lauria's dad insisted on land searches right away) that means they could be anywhere. Maybe between Ashley's house and where JJ was arrested?

I just can't imagine how Lauria's family keeps going. My thoughts and well wishes are with them. Also, thanks to you awesome sleuths that have been so dedicated to this case. Ashley & Lauria's deserve no less. You guys are amazing. Maybe sooner than later we'll have a headline about a cold case solved and we can know justice has been served.

Piasbird & pittie mcclure, much wisdom in y'all's kind and very informative words. I really appreciate y'all speaking out.
It really does make sense now, something I have been fighting to beLIEve.
Myself as well as most people, we are raised to respect and beLIEve LE and take them at their word. That's why it has been so difficult to think LE would have any involvement in this case.
I just pray someone grows a conscious.
Jay and Lorene deserve to know what happened to their daughter Lauria, her bf Ashley and the Freemans.
Godspeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seldom post but until 2007 I spent some time researching this case (along with some others). While doing my research, I had the opportunity to speak to some people from the area. The people I spoke to were not related in anyway and to my knowledge no one knew the name of anyone else I was speaking to. All demanded absolute confidence as to their identities and the information they provided. I cannot disclose any names but I will tell you this. The one common denominator among them all was a fear of LE in that area. Some indicated they had been threatened at some point if they talked about anything they knew to anyone.

When talking to the OSBI was suggested to them, most of them also thought the OSBI had failed Lauria and Ashley by taking local authorities at their word and therefore, assisting in a cover up.

I stepped away from researching the case myself for more than one reason in 2007, but when did I step away, I did believe that LE involvement and cover up was indeed a factor in this case.

Thank you for letting me put my two cents worth in. I will continue to follow this thread. I may comment from time to time, if I feel as though my input will assist in the discussion.

Thanks!

That's very interesting, but not surprising.

I know some of the local LE took lie detector tests... but who knows. OSBI doesn't have the best track record. Everything about this case is just sad.

This case is now older than either of the girls were that night.

Almost like the Jamison's Case. Another sad "who dun-it". Peace for us All

To me, killing the parents & leaving the remains to burn in the house seems more of an action directed at the girls rather than the girls being in the wrong place at the wrong time... if the latter were the situation, they would have been left in the ash as well.

To me, killing the parents & leaving the remains to burn in the house seems more of an action directed at the girls rather than the girls being in the wrong place at the wrong time... if the latter were the situation, they would have been left in the ash as well.

I have to disagree. Can you explain your thinking more? The girls were in high school with no known enemies. And this is rural Oklahoma. Welch is 600 and Vinita is 6,000, population wise. Lauria was just sleeping over at a friends place. The Freeman son, Shane, was shot dead by LE for stealing a car, and the Freemans wanted to sue. It's either drug related or LE related or both.

It's a very complicated case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bible_lauria.html

^ A very good synopsis of the case.

I have to disagree. Can you explain your thinking more? The girls were in high school with no known enemies. And this is rural Oklahoma. Welch is 600 and Vinita is 6,000, population wise. Lauria was just sleeping over at a friends place. The Freeman son, Shane, was shot dead by LE for stealing a car, and the Freemans wanted to sue. It's either drug related or LE related or both.

It's a very complicated case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bible_lauria.html

^ A very good synopsis of the case.

Usually, wrong place-wrong time people get killed *anyway* and left there too, the would be killer wouldn't be bothered to transport two nearly grown humans if they were just there for no reason...
Usually, bystanders or people seeing something that doesn't involve them within close proximity to death are usually killed or the perpetrators attempt to kill them.

It doesn't make sense to kidnap ppl who have nothing to do with anything after you kill their parents in front of them... to me, this is about the girls whether it's someone who'd been watching them for a time or whichever...it [kidnapping/killing/violent crime] has nothing [necessarily] to do with whether the missing individuals had enemies... people get kidnapped/killed/abused by people all the time whom they either do not know or do not know well. What I am saying is that it means something entirely different to murder the parental figures and kidnap the girls as opposed to killing everyone and leaving them there if we are still thinking of the girls as in terms of wrong place-wrong time...

as far as I know, in crime, wrong place-wrong time usually yields death, especially if two of the strongest people [able bodied/vehicle-d/competent adults] are already dead

It doesn't make sense to kidnap ppl who have nothing to do with anything after you kill their parents in front of them...

The fire was started after Danny and Kathy were shot to death. The girls were in a bedroom, probably hiding/sleeping. The fire was started in the middle of the night.

The fire was started after Danny and Kathy were shot to death. The girls were in a bedroom, probably hiding/sleeping. The fire was started in the middle of the night.
In front of them as in the same place...not necessarily an execution in front of the eyes

This case is now older than either of the girls were that night.

I just began reading this thread. I lived in Oklahoma in '99 and had lived there, at the time, for nearly 30 years. We moved to the gulf coast in 2002. I don't recall hearing about this crime and we didn't live anywhere close to Welch or Vinita. We lived at the foothills of the Wichita Mountains. Having introduced myself, I would like those dedicated posters on this case, such as yourself and Oriah, to know that one more WS poster is on board. I am just now reading the posts from 2010. When I have completed all forty pages, I feel I will have read enough to give an informed opinion.

Welcome aboard, ILOKAL. I'm glad your here.
Laurie & Ashley need all the help we can give and keep their thread alive.

5834 days now. (And counting.) 15 years, 11 months, 21 days.

I'm curious as to why Bible's parents and the Sheriff think the girls are still alive. I understand if Bible's parents are just hoping for the best scenario, but if the Sheriff really believes this, he must have some information he is not disclosing to the public. M.O.O.

I wonder about that myself. If Lauria's mother believes her daughter is alive, then what does she believe happened that night and why does she think her daughter has failed to make contact with her?

Okay. I have read the entire thread and have some thoughts. I wonder what things were popular for 16 year old girls to do in 1999? Were pacts popular? Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

I wonder about that myself. If Lauria's mother believes her daughter is alive, then what does she believe happened that night and why does she think her daughter has failed to make contact with her?

I cannot remember if she said why she thinks that on Disappeared, but I have seen other interviews with her and I keep drawing a blank.
Thank you Fibro fog.

Okay. I have read the entire thread and have some thoughts. I wonder what things were popular for 16 year old girls to do in 1999? Were pacts popular? Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

My son was 13 in 1999 so I have no idea. I couldn't remember if it was right in front of me.

ILOKAL, what do you think about the mine shafts, did you beLIEve any of what was said that they are in one?
I know LE debunked all that but we are talking about OKLE and there are quite a few who think they are involved. I'm one of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member