OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt discusses the lead in a blog entry dated today, so he is aware of the new information. He apparently has been contacted by a family member (the same one mentioned by IntriguedAmI, I'm assuming).

Wow, I was just thinking of this case last night...wondering what else, what other area could be looked at for more leads. Makes sense that if Rhonda/Melissa is Sharon the name changes she experienced with Floyd would have seemed almost normal. She's 2 and her name is changed to Melissa, she's 3/4 and it's Suzanne, later Sharon and who knows how many others. This poor little girl didn't know normal...

Hi all,

I'm new to the board. I ran across this case by happenstance on the net the other day, and as you know, it's absolutely intriguing. I went on to search for more information and I'm glad I found your board. I did find some information on the net of course, but I can tell from some of the posts here that I need to go back to the beginning of these threads to learn more.

In the meantime, I agree with you that Rhonda/Melissa and Sharon bear an uncanny resemblance. If it is not one and the same person I would be shocked, especially given some of the information as to how that guy claimed he came into custody of her.

Like another poster said, I have mixed feelings about it. One hand, she deserves to have a name, and her family deserves closure--her grandmother didn't want her to be given up and relatives more recently remain interested in her. But yet, how awful and sad an ending it would be. I only wish they had the same ending Jaycee's family had. But perhaps they can take comfort in the face of her unspeakable abuse, she persevered. Not only did she graduate from high school, which in itself is remarkable, but she excelled, to the point where she earned a full scholarship to Georgia Tech to study aerospace engineering!!

I live in Atlanta, and from what I understand, Georgia Tech is not an easy school to get into. And to get a full scholarship?? AND for aerospace engineering no less???? AMAZING!!!

And that she still had that drive to even accomplish that, something that most kids of normal upbringing could only DREAM to accomplish!!!

Only to compliment her will I say that people are amazed that I have made it as far as I have despite my upbringing, but this girl took the cake! It breaks my heart that the story had to end so tragically when she had so much promise. May she rest in peace and continue to be an inspiration to everyone that reads her story.

Matt Birkbeck » Blog Archive » New Lead on Sharon's Identity
By admin
Several years ago one of the leads we received pointing to Sharon Marshall's true identity was Rhonda Moore. She was a little girl that was born in 1968 and later adopted by another couple, J and J H. ...
Matt Birkbeck - http://mattbirkbeck.com/blog/

Hi all,

I'm new to the board. I ran across this case by happenstance on the net the other day, and as you know, it's absolutely intriguing. . I went on to search for more information and I'm glad I found your board. I did find some information on the net of course, but I can tell from some of the posts here that I need to go back to the beginning of these threads to learn more. ...

Welcome to Websleuths, Heather. Since you are new to this story, I am guessing that you haven't yet read Matt Birkbeck's book A Beautiful Child. If you haven't, I strongly recommend that you read it.

Its an easy read, and you won't set it down until you've read it all.

I've said this before in different ways, but I feel the need to say it once again...

Sharon deserves her real identity. I realize the pain that this could cause her real family, but its nothing compared to the pain that Sharon dealt with in her short life.

Dealt with, and nearly overcame.

Sharon is to be remembered for her triumphs, not her tragedies. Those shaped her, certainly, but didn't define her. She wouldn't allow it. The person responsible for that unimaginable pain stands to pay the ultimate price for his evil. For me, its important to let those memories die with him, so that Sharon--or Rhonda, if that is indeed the case---can finally be truly free.

And have her indentity back.

Once again, just the opinion of a grumpy old man.

I am a fan of "A Beautiful Child" on Facebook. Matt posted on there today that he spoke with NCMEC and they are going to do a DNA test on relatives of Rhonda Moore and compare them to Sharon Marshall. NCMEC feels that this lead is strong enough to move ahead!

(Sorry I can't post link. I am at work and FB is blocked here, I look at FB thru my cell phone) Will post link when I get home.

This is great news!!!

I havent been on this thread in a long time.
Wow. What an interesting lead. Confusing, but interesting.
Does anyone know what became of J.H. (the adoptive mother)? Is there a chance she could be the woman in the photo found in Floyd's wallet (I think?)
And Rhonda's biological mother's name was Linda...wow!

One more point for the list of interesting coincidences---Somewhere, possibly in A Beautiful Child, its stated that Sharon gave her date of birth as September 19th. Darn close to Rhonda/Melissa's stated birthday of September 10th.

Hullo all,

I too am a long time lurker! :-) I came upon the Websleuths forum on Sharon Marshall after reading A Beautiful Child by Matt Birkbeck some years ago. Really excited by the possibility of Sharon Marshall being Rhonda Moore! Have checked out Mr. Birkbeck's A Beautiful Child Facebook page and can't wait to find out the DNA results.

I have a question (since it's been a long time I read the book): why is everybody emphasizing Rhonda's bio-mom's name (Linda)? Did Sharon believe her mother's name was Linda?

Thanks!

Franklin Floyd had stated in an interview that he got Sharon from a prostitute named Linda Williams, in the Chicago area if I'm recalling correctly.

Hi shadowangel,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I was checking out Matt Birkbeck's blog: 'The search for Christina Carter' http://mattbirkbeck.com/blog/?cat=4 At the end of the sixth para, he writes: "During my interviews with Floyd he told me that Sharon’s “father” gave her to him. Floyd told a lot of stories, but the idea that he may have known Riley and was handed a little girl after her mother was murdered isn’t far fetched." I'm just guessing then, that FDR was lying in this instance? (i.e. that "Sharon’s “father” gave her to him")

Hoping and wishing that Sharon can regain her lost identity! While during her lifetime, she did not know her real family or any sense of normalcy, it seems her death has brought together a compassionate community of well wishers looking out for her & her son Michael!

It's my personal opinion that every word that has ever come out of Floyd's mouth is a lie...However its possible that somewhere in the lies he let a little truth slip out, despite himself.

Hi shadowangel,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I was checking out Matt Birkbeck's blog: 'The search for Christina Carter' http://mattbirkbeck.com/blog/?cat=4 At the end of the sixth para, he writes: "During my interviews with Floyd he told me that Sharon’s “father” gave her to him. Floyd told a lot of stories, but the idea that he may have known Riley and was handed a little girl after her mother was murdered isn’t far fetched." I'm just guessing then, that FDR was lying in this instance? (i.e. that "Sharon’s “father” gave her to him")

Hoping and wishing that Sharon can regain her lost identity! While during her lifetime, she did not know her real family or any sense of normalcy, it seems her death has brought together a compassionate community of well wishers looking out for her & her son Michael!

I was looking for that statment by Matt B. as I have an UM tapeing on you tube where Floyd says "She was given to me"
[video=youtube;NEacBbjgN4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEacBbjgN4k[/video]

Ok, guys..most of you have hung in here for years, so here's the latest.
I spoke with the National Center this week and they agreed to do another DNA test, this time on relatives of Rhonda Moore. A brief version of her story is on my blog (http://mattbirkbeck.com/blog/). Some of you will recall her name came up a few years ago as one of our leads but we hit a dead end. Now that we found a family member we can move forward. I'm hoping this won't take as long as Christina Carter but that's out of my hands. Will keep you posted, or keep checking the Facebook site for A Beautiful Child
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Beautiful-Child/75779387367

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member