OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I check in on this case every couple of years and was delighted to see Suzanne has been identified. It was heart-breaking to read LE didn't consider this an abduction since that monster was the step-father. It's not what I expected. Suzanne did not live the life she was born to live. Quite the horrific opposite. I can't imagine how completely defeated she must have felt as she became an adult and still could find no way out.

I'm reading the book a beautiful child and so far how heart breaking I've been reading it with tears in my eyes half way through... is there a documentary coming out about her? This case is so interesting

so was their "vacation" them traveling to michigan to see the bio dad?

The obit was very lengthy. I had to read through it a few times. To clarify, 7 kids are listed and none are designated as stepchildren, though all the boys have different last names. And all those last names coincide with the children of suzanne's mom. So the "missing" son is indeed still alive.
This makes a lot of sense. Nothing that came directly from the fbi mentioned a missing brother. And now we have the obit that lists him as alive. I think we can drop the missing brother idea completely now.

you said it so much better lol!!!!!!

The 20/20 on ID Presents: Homicide episode on Suzanne was informative. I learned a few things about her case I had not known. And it was nice to see her birth daughter is flourishing.

I check in on this case every couple of years and was delighted to see Suzanne has been identified. It was heart-breaking to read LE didn't consider this an abduction since that monster was the step-father. It's not what I expected. Suzanne did not live the life she was born to live. Quite the horrific opposite. I can't imagine how completely defeated she must have felt as she became an adult and still could find no way out.

You said that perfectly.
It is possible to see how she felt in her eyes. Her deep unhappiness and misery shows in her eyes. It really tears my heart apart looking at the unhappiness in her eyes. Once we found out the truth about her identity, and her natural intelligence and excellent memory, we know she would have remembered her mother and her home life before Floyd absconded with her. I have no doubt she kept and treasured every memory of her childhood deep in her heart. She probably thought there was no way out. She lived about 10 lifetimes in her short 20 year life and none of them happy. :(

How is her birth daughter doing? Does she look like her mom? has she met Sharon's family?

How is her birth daughter doing? Does she look like her mom? has she met Sharon's family?
The birth daughter is going to college and is very talented just like Sharon. She seemed well adjusted to Sharon's history and to the fame. Sharon's friend from Atlanta visited and thought she does look like Sharon. The show said she is in contact with the Sevakis family.

Sharon (and Michael) had one of the saddest life stories I have ever heard.

At least something good came from Sharon's life though - her daughter (and didn't she have a son given up for adoption at birth too?).

Sharon (and Michael) had one of the saddest life stories I have ever heard.

At least something good came from Sharon's life though - her daughter (and didn't she have a son given up for adoption at birth too?).
The show mentioned Sharon's first baby, whom she was pregnant with while still in Georgia. IIRC, no further information could be found regarding a birth or an adoption.

I was so disappointed to have missed that show, so I did some checking and it will be shown again on the same network (20/20 on ID homicide). Next air time scheduled is this Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m. central time (May 7th).

I'm not sure if this is true for everyone across the country, so check your cable schedule!

Yeah, what about that first baby? On Websleuths or some other site, the father of either the daughter in Georgia or the first kid was id as Shaeon's highschool boyfriend. Iam shocked that Floyd even let her around other men. Also, that friend talks about how Floyd pulled a gun on her and Sharon when she spent the night, but she blocked out what happened-does she think Floyd raped her? And where is that first kid?

I was so disappointed to have missed that show, so I did some checking and it will be shown again on the same network (20/20 on ID homicide). Next air time scheduled is this Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m. central time (May 7th).

I'm not sure if this is true for everyone across the country, so check your cable schedule!

I found it on demand and also on the ID channel app on my phone :)

Yeah, what about that first baby? On Websleuths or some other site, the father of either the daughter in Georgia or the first kid was id as Shaeon's highschool boyfriend. Iam shocked that Floyd even let her around other men. Also, that friend talks about how Floyd pulled a gun on her and Sharon when she spent the night, but she blocked out what happened-does she think Floyd raped her? And where is that first kid?
That was something new that I had not known before, that something more happened when Sharon's best friend stayed overnight and she blocked it out. That really gives more context to when Sharon called from South Carolina and "asked" her friend to come visit.

I don't recall that the show IDed the father of Sharon's first pregnancy, when she was still in Georgia.

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that there is now a podcast about this case. It's the Unresolved podcast. It's really good and the creator is very respectful.

can you give me the title so I can look it up? is it free on demand?

The episode is called "The Mysterious Life of Sharon Marshall". It was shown on the ID Channel and is Episode 3, Season 2.

I'm reading A Beautiful Child.

I object to his being sentenced to death. He is clearly deranged. In his trial for the kidnapping of Michael, he asks the prosecutors incomprehensible questions that are flawed from the get-go. He is insane. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

As Matt Birkbeck puts it, "For every question Floyd asked, Fitzpatrick returned either pointed answers or incredulous reactions, not understanding Floyd's incoherent line of questioning. Floyd looked and sounded foolish, and with each response from Fitzpatrick, he was becoming increasingly frustrated."

His examination is described as "rambling".

In my opinion, he should have been declared not guilty by reason of insanity, and sentenced to life imprisonment. Death is not only too good for him (he deserves to suffer), it's also cruel and unusual punishment considering that he is clearly not capable of understanding how to make a coherent defense. He just asked weird questions the whole time he was doing the cross-examination.

Now I'm confused...are Phillip Steven Brandenburg and Jonathan Edward Brandenburg the same person?

USPR and other residential records give Jonathan a middle name of Edward.

Starting to think that Phillip Steven Brandenburg IS a missing person...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back