OK OK - Tony Day, 46, Jones, 3 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I often wonder what happens to family's who's breadwinner vanishes. This is a prime example. Instead of getting to continue to put all their efforts into finding their loved one they have to focus on financial survival. That really sucks.

I know, Glitterghost....it's just another trauma this poor family has had to deal with on top of Tony's disappearance. My heart goes out to each of them.

I look for news on Tony's case every day....one thing I think is really sad is that I've found nothing about vigils for him or benefits to raise some $$ to help out Brenda & the kids...haven't found an address to send donations.

I found a church website (which, I didn't bookmark & can't find again - I even left a comment) that mentioned Tony's dad, Tony & Brenda...there's also a Facebook page for the church...but I haven't found that the church is actively involved in any searches, etc...maybe they're just quiet about it.

So I wonder - is the community supporting Brenda & we haven't heard heard about it?? Or has lack of media exposure to Tony's disappearance not generated interest in this family?

It just seems like Jones OK has an "oh, wellll" attitude. :(

I hope I'm wrong.

BUMP! with trivia:

Jones OK has been the epicenter for numerous small earthquakes in OK in the last year.
(Wish the tremblors would shake some action loose on Tony's case.)

I look for news on Tony's case every day....one thing I think is really sad is that I've found nothing about vigils for him or benefits to raise some $$ to help out Brenda & the kids...haven't found an address to send donations.

I found a church website (which, I didn't bookmark & can't find again - I even left a comment) that mentioned Tony's dad, Tony & Brenda...there's also a Facebook page for the church...but I haven't found that the church is actively involved in any searches, etc...maybe they're just quiet about it.

So I wonder - is the community supporting Brenda & we haven't heard heard about it?? Or has lack of media exposure to Tony's disappearance not generated interest in this family?

It just seems like Jones OK has an "oh, wellll" attitude. :(

I hope I'm wrong.

Texas Mist:
I look for news of Tony every day. I check this thread every day.
And I have thought the same sort of thing.
Why hasn't the family started up a FB page for Tony or a myspace page?
Why hasn't the family held a prayer vigil?
And if they are part of a community church, where are they with all this?

If the police are still working on this case, why not an update?

Maybe Brenda is overwhelmed with everything that has happened?
But still she must be thinking of him all the time.
Maybe they don't have access to a computer?
Even though many people do, they might not have, but then again, he has a son in Iraq and that is a way a lot of family communicate when someone is overseas.

Does anyone know the family?
Do you have the FB link for the chuch?

Texas Mist:
I look for news of Tony every day. I check this thread every day.
And I have thought the same sort of thing.
Why hasn't the family started up a FB page for Tony or a myspace page?
Why hasn't the family held a prayer vigil?
And if they are part of a community church, where are they with all this?

If the police are still working on this case, why not an update?

Maybe Brenda is overwhelmed with everything that has happened?
But still she must be thinking of him all the time.
Maybe they don't have access to a computer?
Even though many people do, they might not have, but then again, he has a son in Iraq and that is a way a lot of family communicate when someone is overseas.

Does anyone know the family?
Do you have the FB link for the chuch?

Here's the FB I found -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/McLoud-OK/CrossWalk-FWB-Church/93844899368

If you scroll down toward bottom, there's a post by Cynthia of LostNMissing asking about Tony...she's answered very briefly -- "as far as we know, he's still missing" :(

I am Cynthia and I just posted on the Church website hoping they can get a message to the family. Thank you for posting that link to the Church. I couldn't find it after I posted the first time.

Here's the FB I found -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/McLoud-OK/CrossWalk-FWB-Church/93844899368

If you scroll down toward bottom, there's a post by Cynthia of LostNMissing asking about Tony...she's answered very briefly -- "as far as we know, he's still missing" :(

I will have my office call today with the PD and get an update. Enough time has gone by that there should be some action happening on behalf of searching for Tony, public awareness, etc. I'll keep you posted.

I think you should contact the PD and see if there are any new updates...

However, I did have a text conversation with BD, and it was quite bothersome. I had asked her if she has received any new info or updates on Tony, and this is what she replied, " Yep just new info, kinda scary. I just said I wouldnt want details, file for divorce and never look back on this part of my life." Of course, I was in complete shock to what I thought she was saying so I replied back, "All this time he led you to believe that he had been abducted, but he really wasn't? How did you find this info out?" BD replied back, "From a couple cop friends and PI friend of my cousin." Still in disbelief and shock I replied "Have you talked to Tony?" BD replied "NO". I sent several other messages, but received no other replies. It seems like she was being very limited on the information she gave. I have searched to see if any news has been reported, but there is none. I asked a few other relatives of Tonys, and they had not heard anything. This case is very bizzare! I am totally lost! If in fact this was a staged disappearence, Tony was very resourceful...
This is information from BD, this information has not been confirmed and may or may not be accurate.
I am not even for sure who all Brenda shared this information with.
I don't know what to believe now!!!????!!!!! None of it makes sense!

I think you should contact the PD and see if there are any new updates...

However, I did have a text conversation with BD, and it was quite bothersome. I had asked her if she has received any new info or updates on Tony, and this is what she replied, " Yep just new info, kinda scary. I just said I wouldnt want details, file for divorce and never look back on this part of my life." Of course, I was in complete shock to what I thought she was saying so I replied back, "All this time he led you to believe that he had been abducted, but he really wasn't? How did you find this info out?" BD replied back, "From a couple cop friends and PI friend of my cousin." Still in disbelief and shock I replied "Have you talked to Tony?" BD replied "NO". I sent several other messages, but received no other replies. It seems like she was being very limited on the information she gave. I have searched to see if any news has been reported, but there is none. I asked a few other relatives of Tonys, and they had not heard anything. This case is very bizzare! I am totally lost! If in fact this was a staged disappearence, Tony was very resourceful...
This is information from BD, this information has not been confirmed and may or may not be accurate.
I am not even for sure who all Brenda shared this information with.
I don't know what to believe now!!!????!!!!! None of it makes sense!

Well, this puts a new light on everything.
Was this today that you spoke to Brenda?
I have an email ready for OSBI.
And I thought I would call Jones, OK police dept.
But I don't know now.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/
Info on missing persons, murder investigations in OK.

Well, this puts a new light on everything.
Was this today that you spoke to Brenda?
I have an email ready for OSBI.
And I thought I would call Jones, OK police dept.
But I don't know now.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/
Info on missing persons, murder investigations in OK.
Day before yesterday, and I have saved the messages to my phone.

It completely blows my mind... I just don't know what to believe. I have tried sending her other texts, trying to see if the OSBI has been contacted, but I have not received a text back from her.

What do you gather from this bit of info? When you read it, did you get the same from her text that I did?

????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????

Wow, I don't know what to think now. But it just seems to me that BD would be more outraged over this situation. I don't really think I could convey my fury very well via a text message.

I need to ponder this for a bit....

If there is proof he just walked away on his own, why not share that info to put the case to rest so to speak? If it were MY husband who vanished I would want concrete proof he had walked away on his own. Opinions and word of mouth info from LE or whoever, I dont care WHO, wouldnt suffice.

Wow, I don't know what to think now. But it just seems to me that BD would be more outraged over this situation. I don't really think I could convey my fury very well via a text message.

I need to ponder this for a bit....
Oh, me either! I would be so livid, I dont think I would be able to even see him...

One thing-
We all dont know what the truth is...we cannot believe anything until this is confirmed. Since I am unable to get any more responses from BD, I hope that she has contacted OSBI and let them know what info she obtained. I just wanted to share the information I received with WS. SO BIZZARE!

If there is proof he just walked away on his own, why not share that info to put the case to rest so to speak? If it were MY husband who vanished I would want concrete proof he had walked away on his own. Opinions and word of mouth info from LE or whoever, I dont care WHO, wouldnt suffice.
I agree!

KeepTheFaith...

Thanks so much for the info and updates...

but, man...that info really throws a wrench into the whole story.

From what I have learned here I never would have thought this man would walk away. I'm going to have to go back and read up again, but he just didn't seem to be the kind of guy who would leave his child behind. That's the part of this that I just cannot reconcile. Unless all of the info we have learned about Tony was questionable?

This whole thing just really has me confused.

KeepTheFaith, how well do you know BD?

Mind-boggling. I suppose he could have flown the coop and gone to Mexico; the feds would have record of that and the local LE may have learned about it later, after the disappearance and the stories appeared. Or, witness protection program? I know that's rarely used as it's expensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back