**Old thread**Focusing solely on George Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG----it's all coming together. All this stuff was there for us to see and this stuff has been those lil red flags. It's like zoomin in on all this. Wow! Neat!

Yep, now imagine what LE/SA have put together. :clap:

Not being rude, but I think I'm going to have to disagree with you about the duct tape being used to keep her from making noise if she woke up after being drugged. I used to be on the birth control patch and had one fall off and lose its stickiness once.....so I used duct tape to keep it in place on my lower back for a few days (I live in AR, what did you expect, lol). When it was time to remove the patch and the tape, I had to get someone else to pull it off for me because it hurt really bad when I tried to rip it off "band-aid style" by myself. It took tons of alcohol swabs, soap, and water to remove all the sticky stuff that was left on my back after the tape was gone....and we had to scrub my skin to the point that I had a big scabby sore for a week or more. Whoever put that tape on over our sweet angel's mouth wasn't planning on it ever being removed. Remember that the tape was stuck to her hair and had to be cut out by the medical examiner. Imagine how painful it would have been for poor baby Caylee to have duct tape removed from her mouth and hair. There is no way that KC would have been able to repeatedly tape Caylee's little mouth shut overnight to keep her quiet and then be able to remove it the next morning without creating lots of noise. I did my stupid tape experiment when I was 18 or so and cried like a baby when it got removed....imagine how painful it would be for a two year old baby to have the stuff pulled off her little face and from her hair. Sorry this is so graphic, it makes me sick to even type it, so I know it isn't easy to read.
Point well taken, I think you are right about this.

LE: This week of the 23rd to the 27th, and this, from this conversation you had with me, the FBI the other day, apparently there was an accident during that window, that block, where you may have seen her in your wife's truck on the 408. Can you clarify that for me? Was that week even(inaudible)
GA: I'm, I'm, I wanna say it is, we'll have to go back through those E-pass records.
LE: Uh-huh
GA: Because I went looking for my daughter. I chased her. I saw her leave with my wife's vehicle.
LE: You saw her leave the house or...?
GA: Oh, yeah.
LE: Okay
GA: Saw her leave the house, driving up Chickasaw getting on the 408 and I turned around, I say, I'm following her. George, I said, I'm following her, I said I am tired of this...

(snipped a little to get this quote from George statement)

So between June 23 and June 27 George was chasing Casey because he was tired of this.

What I don't get is she was at the house the 24th, George then asked her "when are you guys coming home?" and was given his gas cans.

For whatever reason he chased her and was tired of, could he not have confronted her about that while she was in the house June 24th?

I believe some of the excellent WS sleuthers (JWG and BondJBond come to mind but forgive me if I misspeak) put that one together and found out that the chase happened on June 29th according to GA's EZ-Pass statements. IIRC, the speed of the chase actually got to about 80+mph when the time between electronic toll posts was analyzed.

So at that point, the Pontiac had already been abandoned and was simply a day away from being towed. Tony left for NY the next day, and he already knew her car was out of gas and on the fritz, so she may have been driving it while he went to school or to run errands. I'm thinking she may have done it more than once, "ran out of gas" and had to borrow his car - it seems to me there are those who postulated she may have been using his vehicle to go to Sawgrass that day on the 17th. Or she may have just known where he kept extra keys. And it may also explain why he was not too keen on having her use his car while he was gone. Maybe his own hinky meter was getting signals.

Since this is a full five days after the gas can incident, we might be able to deduce something. Perhaps on the 24th, GA knew something was way off from the smell of the car, but did not think to put it together it was about Caylee. It had been less than 10 days most likely since they had seen her, a week and a half, and he may have thought they were spending time elsewhere. I'd think he might wonder if she was staying with some "dark veiled friends" who had been involved in a crime - some dead drug dealer had been stashed in the back or something. After he sees her on Sunday the 29th, he may have initially wondered if he saw her pulling out of the driveway in CA's car and stealing it, and so gave chase, realizing later that CA either had the car or it was in the garage. I don't recall if GA was going to or from work that day when this supposedly happened.

At this point, however, bells were beginning to go off most likely and GA was starting to connect the dots; Caylee still had not been seen for another week and now he thinks he sees his daughter fleeing the neighborhood in his wife's car.

And the fact that his story about KC saying she is staying the night with the nanny is now confirmed as NOT happening on the 16th when he says he saw them, so that makes all of the details of his story that day suspect, including whether it actually happened at all, imo.

Hello WS

George Anthony Statment
July15th, 2008

GA: On July 15th, 2008 at approximately 2005(military time) pm, my spouse called my cell phone. I immediately attempted to return her call, and only got her voice mail. I called our land line # and also got a voice mail. I immediately then called my son, Lee told him I would appreciate him, checking on his mom, told him briefly about Casey again, and mom and I are upset. At 2035pm, I finally got a hold of my spouse by cell, and she asked when I would be home. I told her I would be home about 10-10:30 pm.

Arriving at 9:50 pm, my spouse was in our garage crying, upset and told me that Caylee Marie(our granddaughter) was missing, taken a month ago by a person by the name of Zanny. I inquired to my spouse about Orange County Sheriff being called, and I was told they were contacted at 8:30 pm. As to this statement, my granddaughter-Caylee Marie Anthony, age 3 has been missing. What I mean, I have not seen her or heard her voice since June 9, 2008. My daughter, Casey, Caylee's mother has been very vauge for a month, each time we have asked to speak, see her or ask where she is at, my daughter would always have a different answer. My granddaughter will be 3 yrs old August 9, 2008

(end)

...jmo...

I don't think there was any molestation in this family, if that is what you are implying. My hunch is, is that Caylee was killed, KC called both mom and dad...daddy helped out in the aftermath. I could be 100% wrong, if I am, GA then I am sorry. I am not sorry about what I believe about KC. At all. But if I am right about you GA, then grow a set and come on with it. KC cannot be saved. Done with that already. Why did you try to kill yourself? Why did CA when at the time Caylee was just missing did she contemplate it? You don't write a full blown suicide note assuming you intended to do yourself in...unless you know something. JMO. But crab puffs, etc...on the night Caylee's remains were found...even though, at the time it was not known they were her remains, KC sure did. Nothing to be proud of there, at all. Even the 911 phone call where CA says Caylee is missing or whatever, and there is this little blurb of speak from GA where he says call the police...I just...he was the "police" at one point. And yet since then has acted like anything but a cop after the truth or any answers.

(bold mine)

I respect your POV, and I can see how you arrive at your opinion. I agree that George 'knew' something, most certainly way before anyone else did. However, I attribute that to life experience and common sense - not to involvement (either before or after the fact).

Regarding the "anything but a cop" statement, I have to say this: George wasn't a cop. Not then. He was a Dad and a Grandpa struggling to digest and process a reality that for most of us is a crappy movie on the Lifetime network. His precious granddaughter was gone. His only daughter was clearly hiding facts, lying outright. His wife was wearing blinders and playing the blame game. He obviously (based on media reports) didn't have the support of close friends or extended family. What a *ng nightmare. I see his statements to and mannerisms around both the press and LE as a clear reflection of the internal battle George was fighting. They are not, in my opinion, reflective of guilt in any form.

(snipped a little to get this quote from George statement)

So between June 23 and June 27 George was chasing Casey because he was tired of this.

What I don't get is she was at the house the 24th, George then asked her "when are you guys coming home?" and was given his gas cans.

For whatever reason he chased her and was tired of, could he not have confronted her about that while she was in the house June 24th?
Ok...Momdetective posted Casey's cell phone records on the CA thread. Casey was supposedly calling from Tampa then with the "Zanny is in the hospital" story. There's no way she could have been seen there at home like George said. (IIRC @ 2:30pm, right?)

ETA:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85037&page=3

(bold mine)

I respect your POV, and I can see how you arrive at your opinion. I agree that George 'knew' something, most certainly way before anyone else did. However, I attribute that to life experience and common sense - not to involvement (either before or after the fact).

Regarding the "anything but a cop" statement, I have to say this: George wasn't a cop. Not then. He was a Dad and a Grandpa struggling to digest and process a reality that for most of us is a crappy movie on the Lifetime network. His precious granddaughter was gone. His only daughter was clearly hiding facts, lying outright. His wife was wearing blinders and playing the blame game. He obviously (based on media reports) didn't have the support of close friends or extended family. What a *ng nightmare. I see his statements to and mannerisms around both the press and LE as a clear reflection of the internal battle George was fighting. They are not, in my opinion, reflective of guilt in any form.
IMO he's sure covering up for his daughter which I thought was a big no-no.

I have wondered a lot lately if the gas can incident even happened on June 24th.

Anyone think it's possible GA may have called the police about a lousy $50 worth of gas because he WAS next to that car BEFORE he got those cans back.....

And had smelled the decomp???

Casey had stolen hundreds if not thousands from her parents, was sneaking in and out taking food and her belongings (but not anything for Caylee) she'd been caught stealing from her GGP's- and they never called LE YET he calls over gas cans he knew she had to have taken cus nothing else was stolen in that shed--he even told LE he knew it was her b/c he could see the tell-tale signs of pouring gas into the car using cans!

GA calls LE about 50 bucks worth of gas cans--doesn't make sense considering all she's done before that........

Anyone think it's possible GA may have called the police about a lousy $50 worth of gas because he WAS next to that car BEFORE he got those cans back.....

Casey had stolen hundreds if not thousands from her parents, was sneaking in and out taking food and her belongings (but not anything for Caylee) she'd been caught stealing from her GGP's- and they never called LE YET he calls over gas cans he knew she had to have taken cus nothing else was stolen in that shed--he even told LE he knew it was her b/c he could see the tell-tale signs of pouring gas into the car using cans!

GA calls LE about 50 bucks worth of gas cans--doesn't make sense considering all she's done before that........

Looking back on all what GA has said, it seems all is part of the 31 day script that keeps being edited and revised. I don't believe any of it happened as GA has told.

I have wondered a lot lately if the gas can incident even happened on June 24th.

I thought LE verified this date using the police report that GA had made from that day, I might not remember correctly. If the report was made on the 24th, is it possible the incident happened prior to the 24th, but GA did not call police until then?

Now this could answer the question I just posted in reply to Amy.....

Maybe CA was always covering, and GA had enough (which implies GA was very in tune with how out of line KC had gotten)-he should have known immediately that KC took the gas, but he also knew CA would cover for her and GA was tired of the stress of the constant disagreement with how to handle KC. Remember he said he followed up on the Sports Authority job, maybe he wanted to use that knowledge to assert himself with KC-but he either kept it to himself, or CA shelved it.
So he "innocently" called police, something he could easily explain to CA later as if he didn't mean to get KC involved, yet at the same time KC could get busted by LE with whom CA could not negotiate. Had he called police about the credit cards before this time, CA would have been very unhappy.

GA may have loved his daughter, but I do not think he liked KC at all, he says a few times in interviews that KC was the cause of the problems in his marriage.

I know in my own household, often mom was the empathy and dad was the reality-but when they disciplined, they were always united. Thank God for dad, his expectations helped me be a responsible adult, and I sure needed mom during my pitfalls. In the A household, this system was very out-of-whack, GA maybe wanted to act like a dad, be the king of his castle, but CA was determined to cut him out of that. Why? Had GA ever overreacted/gotten physical or verbally abusive with the kids, and CA did not trust his parenting/overprotected her kids? Or is CA just that controlling? Okay, yes I know that CA is that controlling......

None of the above prevents GA from involvement after-the-fact-I think he wanted KC to be held responsible for theft and utter disregard for others, but not for murder.

ETA: I know the above reads like CA overpowered everything, but don't get me wrong....GA should have manned-up and BEEN a dad. He would have been doing the right thing to ignore CA sometimes and follow-through with KC, and CA would have appreciated it later.

See that's not how I recall George getting sick. George vomited when Lee was calling LE saying he was there (or on his way there). George was sneaking by being there, felt he had to hide it from Lee and Cindy. He did not want to be found out and was very concerened with that possibility. When it came to be show time and Lee was showing up, george got sick.

I'm sorry OLG- I don't know how I missed your post. I would have replied sooner.

Anyhoo-I went to go listen to that interview again and all I could find was the audio, now I don't have a great memory but I could swear that the interview GA did with LE where he gets sick was originally released as a video. I don't know if I am losing my mind or what but I remember him doubling over, like putting his head down almost between his knees as he is telling LE that for some reason he all of a sudden is not feeling well. Am I crazy?

So anyway I listened to the whole thing again(LE audio). I also listened to portions of his depo. I respect your opinion OLG, and you are correct in that GA begins getting sick when the detectives are trying to call LA but I still believe it was the retelling of picking up the car, the stain, the smell, that he knows what decomp smells like, that got to him. I know that this has happened to me in past years when I used to try and run thru details of something that happened to me, I would feel like I could throw up. And I wasn't even talking to others, I was going thru it in my head only.

On another note, my gosh the things that jumped out at me listening now as opposed to months ago. If we go with the GA knows or did more than he is telling theory---starting with LE interview, WHY is GA running to LE behind LA and CA's back? He tries to get them to tell him what the results of the tests run on the car show(he is worried for himself?). He tells them "we got into one hellaious argument AGAIN (key word for me) a couple of nights ago". He is speaking of CA, he tells LE that he is telling her to let LE handle it the way they see fit, that what she is doing....she is gonna screw this up". Ok wow, GA thinking that CA causing all this commotion--is he worrying about himself getting caught? It seems like he wants to appear to be on LE's side(thus they won't suspect him of anything?). GA talks about the rough patch they went thru in their marriage, GA says "I had to get out of the house before something really stupid".....(doesn't finish that)....goes on to say he went to live with his parents because he just couldn't take it anymore.

GA even talks about how this worker's comp lawyer met CA thru where she used to work and that he became jealous of him! OK so GA is a guy with a temper and a jealous guy---dangerous combo me thinks!

At another point Ga talks about how LA and he have switched roles. GA wanted to be the one talking to LE but he got voted out, stopped. WTH? Voted out? Is this family acting out some sick game? Didn't KC say something about survivor -- that she will outplay, outwit, outlast everyone? Something like that, right? I have all these piece thoughts rolling around my head that I haven't gotten to put into a collective, reasonable working theory as I am having a garage sale tomorrow and Sat and have to go finish up. Plus there is soo much more that I want to bring up about GA on these audio and depo tapes. So much stuff that I didn't catch the first or second time listening to him for some reason??

I will mention one more. In the depo, GA states that the story he heard was that KC dropped Caylee off at Sawgrass with Zanny. They ask if he ever went over to Sawgrass to check things out or if he sent Lee. He says no, he was letting LE, FBI, PI's do their job. OK, I put myself in this situation, ask myself if I could keep myself from going there. The answer is OH H*LL NO!! Wild horses could not drag me from going to the last place my child/grandchild was seen. 31 days later or 1 hour later! I mean just think about that. What WOULD keep a parent/grandparent from the last place the child was seen? You know what I think would? If parent/grandparent knew that child was already dead! Thats the only thing that I think would do it. Anyways, I can't believe I never gave that a closer look. There's more too, so much more, I just don't have time now. But tell me what you all think.

Ok I'm sorry I have to mention this too. GA tells LE about his sister who has mental problems and wonders if it skipped somehow to KC. But where his sister is depressive KC is bubbly. GA says "KC has always been bubbly, exciting. When she walks into a room people notice and say "Oh-Who's This". She's (KC) got something exciting or something going on in her life." Ok----weird weird weird from my POV for a father of a girl who has lied, stolen, cheated, shows total disrespect toward her parents, has killed her daughter, for a father of a girl like that to say these things to detectives------just too weird!

I gotta go but in a couple days I hope we can go over lots of stuff GA has said in his interviews that I never caught until now. Toota Lou !! JMO

http://www.wftv.com/news/19716840/detail.html

I always wondered about the Nigerian internet email scam that GA says he fell for...could he have been covering for KC? CA went to work almost every day. Got up. Left around 7:00 am or so and was gone until the late afternoon. It has been established that GA didn't do this for a period of time...coinciding coincidentallly with KC not doing the same for a long time. Maybe KC blew all of the money and GA covered for her with the whole scam on the internet. I am just trying to imagine CA balancing her check book, gets her credit card bills...sees $5.00 charges for Fusion...$30.00 for Fusion...$25.00 for Fusion...$50.00 for Fusion....$30,000 for idiot scam over internet...I probably would have killed the two of them right there...(LOL...just kidding). I will never understand GA blowing all of that money unless it was gambling or something else. But again, jmo.

I always wondered about the Nigerian internet email scam that GA says he fell for...could he have been covering for KC? CA went to work almost every day. Got up. Left around 7:00 am or so and was gone until the late afternoon. It has been established that GA didn't do this for a period of time...coinciding coincidentallly with KC not doing the same for a long time. Maybe KC blew all of the money and GA covered for her with the whole scam on the internet. I am just trying to imagine CA balancing her check book, gets her credit card bills...sees $5.00 charges for Fusion...$30.00 for Fusion...$25.00 for Fusion...$50.00 for Fusion....$30,000 for idiot scam over internet...I probably would have killed the two of them right there...(LOL...just kidding). I will never understand GA blowing all of that money unless it was gambling or something else. But again, jmo.

Bringing in some of my own experiences having a family member who was a gambling addict here; a gambling addict can go on for years hiding their addiction - wins/loses. The clever ways they do it would amaze all but a good CPA.

But to counter my remark, I haven't seen any indications that show GA used the internet to go on gambling sites, nor any bookie phone numbers (almost always Vegas and off shore numbers). If they exist.

Bringing in some of my own experiences having a family member who was a gambling addict here; a gambling addict can go on for years hiding their addiction - wins/loses. The clever ways they do it would amaze all but a good CPA.

But to counter my remark, I haven't seen any indications that show GA used the internet to go on gambling sites, nor any bookie phone numbers (almost always Vegas and off shore numbers). If they exist.

I know, right? Very clever of you. Seriously. Where did that money that GA supposedly blew go? It seems like a legit question.
I am reminded of GA telling LE in an interview (I am paraphrasing from memory...I don't have the actual transcript in front of me) where he is telling them, "KC stole from Caylee's piggy bank. I know I would check that thing all the time...it was heavy and the next day it was light. You know you put all of those coins in there...it was heavy, you know it..." Well, GA since Caylee cannot go shopping for herself...stop putting the money in there if you know who is taking it (meaning KC)...

On another note, my gosh the things that jumped out at me listening now as opposed to months ago. If we go with the GA knows or did more than he is telling theory---starting with LE interview, WHY is GA running to LE behind LA and CA's back? He tries to get them to tell him what the results of the tests run on the car show(he is worried for himself?). He tells them "we got into one hellaious argument AGAIN (key word for me) a couple of nights ago". He is speaking of CA, he tells LE that he is telling her to let LE handle it the way they see fit, that what she is doing....she is gonna screw this up". Ok wow, GA thinking that CA causing all this commotion--is he worrying about himself getting caught? It seems like he wants to appear to be on LE's side(thus they won't suspect him of anything?). GA talks about the rough patch they went thru in their marriage, GA says "I had to get out of the house before something really stupid".....(doesn't finish that)....goes on to say he went to live with his parents because he just couldn't take it anymore.

GA even talks about how this worker's comp lawyer met CA thru where she used to work and that he became jealous of him! OK so GA is a guy with a temper and a jealous guy---dangerous combo me thinks!

At another point Ga talks about how LA and he have switched roles. GA wanted to be the one talking to LE but he got voted out, stopped. WTH? Voted out? Is this family acting out some sick game? Didn't KC say something about survivor -- that she will outplay, outwit, outlast everyone? Something like that, right? I have all these piece thoughts rolling around my head that I haven't gotten to put into a collective, reasonable working theory as I am having a garage sale tomorrow and Sat and have to go finish up. Plus there is soo much more that I want to bring up about GA on these audio and depo tapes. So much stuff that I didn't catch the first or second time listening to him for some reason??

I will mention one more. In the depo, GA states that the story he heard was that KC dropped Caylee off at Sawgrass with Zanny. They ask if he ever went over to Sawgrass to check things out or if he sent Lee. He says no, he was letting LE, FBI, PI's do their job. OK, I put myself in this situation, ask myself if I could keep myself from going there. The answer is OH H*LL NO!! Wild horses could not drag me from going to the last place my child/grandchild was seen. 31 days later or 1 hour later! I mean just think about that. What WOULD keep a parent/grandparent from the last place the child was seen? You know what I think would? If parent/grandparent knew that child was already dead! Thats the only thing that I think would do it. Anyways, I can't believe I never gave that a closer look. There's more too, so much more, I just don't have time now. But tell me what you all think.

Ok I'm sorry I have to mention this too. GA tells LE about his sister who has mental problems and wonders if it skipped somehow to KC. But where his sister is depressive KC is bubbly. GA says "KC has always been bubbly, exciting. When she walks into a room people notice and say "Oh-Who's This". She's (KC) got something exciting or something going on in her life." Ok----weird weird weird from my POV for a father of a girl who has lied, stolen, cheated, shows total disrespect toward her parents, has killed her daughter, for a father of a girl like that to say these things to detectives------just too weird!

I gotta go but in a couple days I hope we can go over lots of stuff GA has said in his interviews that I never caught until now. Toota Lou !! JMO

http://www.wftv.com/news/19716840/detail.html

I snipped a bit of your wonderful post, respectfully. And wow. Now I think we should all go into research mode:applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum