Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pardon me if I've missed this, but is it known if mom (Misty) has spoken directly with BG?

In the latest KOIN news article they say she has:

Garland is currently in the Washington County Jail on several charges unrelated to Allyson’s disappearance. Misty said she has talked to Garland from jail and has been in close contact with his parents, but that’s not what she wants to focus on.

That's from here: Allyson Watterson’s parents look for answers, hold onto hope

'She's out there somewhere' mother of missing 20-year-old continues search

ok, this is what i pieced together, hopefully correct,
misty said allyson stated in a message on sunday that she would be home that night. but she never came home.
monday morning misty contacted allysons friends, no one had seen her.
bf's dad called LE at 5:30pm monday night to report allyson missing.
misty said she did not learn that LE was looking for allyson until after she called LE to report allyson missing.
now, MOO
if i got these right then misty did not call LE until sometime after 5:30pm monday. misty also probably could not contact the boyfriend all day monday or i'd expect misty to be clued in. maybe bf has no phone. probably used allysons phone if he needed one. misty was expecting her best friend/soul mate daughter to be home sunday night. monday morning no allyson. misty tries allysons friends. no luck. misty calls LE after 5:30pm monday night and learns that LE is looking for her best friend/soul mate daughter. misty says she will never stop looking for allyson. for misty stopping is not the issue, starting is. MOO. unpopular thought but misty has been confusing me the whole time. words are one thing, actions are another. MOO.

No, the case #'s beginning with "19" are new charges. MOO

Search suspended for missing 20-year-old woman; 5 days reveals no sign of Allyson Watterson
... Jail records show that he’s been charged with four counts of probation violation and five counts of failure to appear, along with new counts of possession of a stolen vehicle, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, theft, and fraudulent use of a credit card. He pleaded not guilty to the new charges in court this week, according to jail records.
Right, I was referring to the probation violations which were added on the 27th. Lots of people keep calling these "new charges".

Also as far as cell service in the area. It's anecdotal but I have Verizon and it dropped me down to 1 bar on 3G when I was on NW Pumpkin Ridge Rd.

Hey all, new to the thread and I have *thoughts*:

1) Boyfriend was found asleep 20 hours after she was last seen. So far we don't really have any info on what he was doing in those 20 hours. That's a pretty huge chunk of time. (she was last seen at noon on Sunday and he was found "early morning" Monday so probably around 7am-ish)

2) The homeowner who found boyfriend asleep in the truck drove him home. Assuming he was found "early morning," and doesn't live very far from where he was found, then he was probably home and reporting to his father that Allyson was missing around 10 or 11am.

3) Why did they wait what was probably more than 5 hours to report her missing? What were they doing in that time?

4) Homeowner drove boyfriend home, yet when LE is called to report Allyson missing, boyfriend is found near the stolen truck. How did he get back to that area when he was at home with dad? Was dad also in that area when he called to report?

5) When there was info early on about a broken down car and a door knock, part of me wondered if it was a ruse. I know where I live this is often used as a tactic for a break in. Someone will knock on a door, and if no one answers they'll try to get in to rob the house. Or, if someone is home, they'll make an excuse ( a broken down car, or, around here, someone selling candy or someone from the utilities company) and ask to use a phone before leaving and trying another house. Considering LE said there was no broken down car, it made me wonder if this is just something they said to gain some kind of advantage.

6) There was a post toward the beginning of the thread that noted that this was a fairly wealthy, rural area, so it seems like a good place to go to rob before Christmas.

Just thinking aloud, everything obviously MOO.

I read about this case in the national news this morning and all the twists and turns really got me curious. I hope they figure this one out.

Last edited:
6) There was a post toward the beginning of the thread that noted that this was a fairly wealthy, rural area, so it seems like a good place to go to rob before Christmas..

There are a few families that I would say are wealthy but most of the families out there are hard working middle class. Several working farms, several hobby farms. Just on the fringe of the urban growth boundary so people who desired land. There are also a handful of very run down places.

'She's out there somewhere' mother of missing 20-year-old continues search

ok, this is what i pieced together, hopefully correct,
misty said allyson stated in a message on sunday that she would be home that night. but she never came home.
monday morning misty contacted allysons friends, no one had seen her.
bf's dad called LE at 5:30pm monday night to report allyson missing.
misty said she did not learn that LE was looking for allyson until after she called LE to report allyson missing.
now, MOO
if i got these right then misty did not call LE until sometime after 5:30pm monday. misty also probably could not contact the boyfriend all day monday or i'd expect misty to be clued in. maybe bf has no phone. probably used allysons phone if he needed one. misty was expecting her best friend/soul mate daughter to be home sunday night. monday morning no allyson. misty tries allysons friends. no luck. misty calls LE after 5:30pm monday night and learns that LE is looking for her best friend/soul mate daughter. misty says she will never stop looking for allyson. for misty stopping is not the issue, starting is. MOO. unpopular thought but misty has been confusing me the whole time. words are one thing, actions are another. MOO.

Misty's behavior does not confuse me at all. Perhaps because my son lived with me for a while in his early 20's. If he didn't come home, as expected, I worried as though he was an eight year old. It was so hard to hold off and not start frantically calling everyone he knew. Thankfully, he eventually came home those times. It is the LE and boyfriend's behavior that confuses me. Why would you search first and contact family and friends last? It was cold, so finding her was urgent, but LE has clerical staff that could have been doing the phone calls. And the boyfriend and his father not checking in with Allyson's parents? Baffling.

Didn't see this posted yet, but if it has been, then I'll delete.
Gray Hughes Investigates video about the case
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
footage of the area. He basically drives around the area where they were searching, and shows where he thinks the boyfriend was found sleeping. It's a lot different than I was expecting, so thought you all might like to see.

Didn't see this posted yet, but if it has been, then I'll delete.
Gray Hughes Investigates video about the case
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
footage of the area. He basically drives around the area where they were searching, and shows where he thinks the boyfriend was found sleeping. It's a lot different than I was expecting, so thought you all might like to see.

That totally changes what I imagined the area to look like. Definitely not a hiking destination, unless you live out there and are just taking a walk on your property. It's possible that someone has a small waterfall or glen/ravine on their property that AW & BG walked out to see, but I really think the whole hiking story is way off.

I am very interested in what clues were allegedly found by LE to make them focus their search in that area. I am also curious as to what substances AW & BG were using, as that can speak volumes as to their frame of mind and behavior.

Hey all, new to the thread and I have *thoughts*:

1) Boyfriend was found asleep 20 hours after she was last seen. So far we don't really have any info on what he was doing in those 20 hours. That's a pretty huge chunk of time. (she was last seen at noon on Sunday and he was found "early morning" Monday so probably around 7am-ish)

2) The homeowner who found boyfriend asleep in the truck drove him home. Assuming he was found "early morning," and doesn't live very far from where he was found, then he was probably home and reporting to his father that Allyson was missing around 10 or 11am.

3) Why did they wait what was probably more than 5 hours to report her missing? What were they doing in that time?

4) Homeowner drove boyfriend home, yet when LE is called to report Allyson missing, boyfriend is found near the stolen truck. How did he get back to that area when he was at home with dad? Was dad also in that area when he called to report?

5) When there was info early on about a broken down car and a door knock, part of me wondered if it was a ruse. I know where I live this is often used as a tactic for a break in. Someone will knock on a door, and if no one answers they'll try to get in to rob the house. Or, if someone is home, they'll make an excuse ( a broken down car, or, around here, someone selling candy or someone from the utilities company) and ask to use a phone before leaving and trying another house. Considering LE said there was no broken down car, it made me wonder if this is just something they said to gain some kind of advantage.

6) There was a post toward the beginning of the thread that noted that this was a fairly wealthy, rural area, so it seems like a good place to go to rob before Christmas.

Just thinking aloud, everything obviously MOO.

I read about this case in the national news this morning and all the twists and turns really got me curious. I hope they figure this one out.

I Agree! “3. Why did they wait what was probably more than 5 hours to report her missing? What were they doing in that time?”

Why did they not call her home to see if she had arrived home before going back out by the wreak site for 5 hours?!!!!
WHAT WERE THEY DOING INDEED! If they (the BF and his Dad) went back out to search again (before calling LE) they would have first checked her home (which they didn’t do) so why did they go back out there for 5 hours and WHAT WERE THEY DOING?!!!

Last edited:
After watching the video from the area I feel that one of two things may have happened. I think the two of them may have knocked on the wrong door for assistance. She could have been grabbed and he may have been hit in head and became dazed which would be the reason he can’t remember everything particularly if he had taken something...or... someone may have driven by and roughed him up and grabbed her and taken off. I would want the sheds, barns and properties watched for suspicious movement and/or activity. I remember Jaycee Dugard when her stepfather was under suspicion for years and someone else had her in their backyard. It doesn’t make sense that they couldn’t find anything with the extensive searching. A list of known sex offenders living in that area may be interesting or drug activity from properties in the area. Just my thoughts!

In 2012 a woman was murdered in her home on Pumpkin Ridge Road, Theresa Fronsman and was found by her husband. The Oregonian from Sept 2013 has an article regarding this. Then, Pamplin Media Group has an article from 2017 stating another set of human remains were located not far from her home and they felt these remains may be related to her murder with speculation the remains belonged to her murderer. Things have happened along the road in the past.

In 2012 a woman was murdered in her home on Pumpkin Ridge Road, Theresa Fronsman and was found by her husband. The Oregonian from Sept 2013 has an article regarding this. Then, Pamplin Media Group has an article from 2017 stating another set of human remains were located not far from her home and they felt these remains may be related to her murder with speculation the remains belonged to her murderer. Things have happened along the road in the past.
The man was indicted for her murder but according to the Jan 2019 article below, he is still missing. Do you know if they found him since then or identified those remains? MOO

Washington County grand jury indicts man on aggravated murder in killing at Christmas tree farm

Last edited:
Misty's behavior does not confuse me at all. Perhaps because my son lived with me for a while in his early 20's. If he didn't come home, as expected, I worried as though he was an eight year old. It was so hard to hold off and not start frantically calling everyone he knew. Thankfully, he eventually came home those times. It is the LE and boyfriend's behavior that confuses me. Why would you search first and contact family and friends last? It was cold, so finding her was urgent, but LE has clerical staff that could have been doing the phone calls. And the boyfriend and his father not checking in with Allyson's parents? Baffling.
ok. thanks for that. i guess it's just differing parental styles. for instance whenever i was at home as a child/young adult the rules were there was a time i needed to be home and if i did not expect to be home then i needed to call and update. also i needed to leave a home phone # of whom i was going to be with. it was understood that if i was not at home on time and did not call then my mother [who was the primary enforcer of rules] would call the home of my friend. so if i did not want to have my friends parents unnecessarily bothered i needed to follow the home rules. and these rules existed for the children that lived in the home that i lived in as an adult. but that was 50 years ago and parental styles have changed. i'll also add that as a child all the parents i was aware of never viewed children as soul mates and best friends. and as an adult i never viewed the children i was responsible for as soul mates and best friends. but again, obviously parental styles have changed and i'm being educated about that as i age. so thank you AnotherSetofEyes for your input.

The man was indicted for her murder but according to the Jan 2019 article below, he is still missing. Do you know if they found him since then or identified those remains? MOO

Washington County grand jury indicts man on aggravated murder in killing at Christmas tree farm
I am new here. So bare with me. I will do the research but if I remember correctly yes they recently, maybe October, identified remains that were the neighbor in that case and speculate it was a Murder suiside.

Last edited:
because of the many different "looks" that allyson has in her photos earlier this morning i asked on a missing:allyson page on fb if they could show a most recent probable look photo for allyson and Misty replied that this photo was taken 1 week before she went missing.

Attachments

• recent allyson.jpg
    recent allyson.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 119

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members